Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not a NOOB Damit

Kick Axe -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- December 28th, 1985

Venue: PNE Colisum

For all the Canadian Kick Axe fans out there and for the few American fans that may have heard of Kick Axe, I thought I'd post the set list of their show opening for Triumph on the Sport of Kings tour. I'd love to put the Triumph set list up but honestly I can't remember it. I snuck in a mini tape recorder into the show and recorded the Kick Axe show but some how I manager to hit the pause button for Triumph...Bummer huh? Triumph might not have been too metal but they where a pretty cool band. Kick Axe rocked though I wish I could've seen them do a full set.

Alive and Kicking (intro only)
Hellraisers
Maneater
Rock The World
We Still Remember
Heavy Metal Shuffle
Dreamin' About You
The Chain
On The Road to Rock

Last edited by es156; 11-26-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Moved venue from the thread title
Old 11-26-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm not a NOOB Damit

For anyone that have never heard of Kick Axe, go to YouTube and do a search for Kick Axe and listen to some really cool 80's metal. Vices and Wecome to the Club are two of my favorite albums to come out in the 80's, next to everything Iron Maiden and Metallica put out of course.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Heavy Metal Weather Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualcitizenrocker View Post
Vices and Wecome to the Club are two of my favorite albums to come out in the 80's, next to everything Iron Maiden and Metallica put out of course.
Having to compare this underground awesomeness to Iron Maiden and Metallica seems pointless to me. Just because Maiden and Metallica are better known doesn't mean that they are BETTER. Maybe you think so, but shit man, there is so much awesome shit from the 80s that gets NO credit nowadays, and Kick Axe are one of those acts.

I put them in line with shit like Riot, Lizzy Borden, Jaguar, Cloven Hoof, Angel Witch, Virgin Steele, Hexx, early Jag Panzer, Helstar, and others as shit that just doesn't get any notoriety when compared to the likes of Slayer or Metallica or Priest or others. I only want to discount the better known bands a little bit, because it just sucks that there are so many metal fans that just don't know these awesome bands.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm not a NOOB Damit

I totally agree. I loved everything from metallica pre black album and everything from maiden, I'm just saying that Kick Axe put out two great albums with Vices and Welcome to the Club that I rank up there with the best of the most commercial metal bands from the 80's. Even their third album Rock the World was a really good album. I've heard rumors that they are recording a new album in 2010 with the same lineup as their last album had back in 2004
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
666% Pure F*cking Metal.

Just came across this thread today, I can say Kick Axe is writing new material but they aren`t recording anything. There might be newr recordings in 2011 or 2012. My girlfriend`s dad is the drummer (this is how i know)

Tags
kick axe