Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Headbanger

Eluveitie -- Los Angeles, CA -- November 21st, 2009

Out of the seven bands (a number which was ridiculously high in my opinion) I liked Statius, Kivimetsan Druidi, Alestorm and Eluveitie. Too bad Eluveitie didn't play a longer set.

The venue Ultra Violet Social Club fuckin' sucked. The stage was way too small and the sound guy sucked so bad that even though each band except Eluveitie played more or less 30 minutes, they were taking 30 minutes to set up for every band. No wonder, because the place used to be a strip club and it was the first ever show here. May be it was the same sound guy too. I REALLY hope I don't have to see any more shows at this place. The show started at 7.30 and ended at 2.30 AM.

The Eluveitie frontman Chrisgel even said that they couldn't play their acoustic songs because the stage was too small for the various acoustic instruments they used to record in the studio and play at bigger shows.

Alestorm were very impressive and the pits were brutal. I want to say 'fuck you' to all the stage divers who decided to do it even though the stage was barely big enough for all the band members to stand and play. Druidi were very interesting and Statius were mightily impressive. Hordes Of Hate, Vreid and Belphegor fuckin' sucked.

Before the show I got to meet and interview Chrisgel too. Very cool guy.

Full review, slideshow and interview will be posted soon. Pics here for the moment: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=e5635b19b7

I have only 2 setlists. It would be great if people can post sets of other bands specially Druidi and Statius.

Belphegor:
1. Bleeding Salvation
2. Seyn Todt In Schwartz
3. Hells Ambassador
4. Lucifer Incestus
5. Walpurgis Rites
6. Stigma Diabolicum
7. Justine Soaked In Blood
8. Reichswehr In Blood
9. Bondage Goat Zombie

I'm not entirely sure of the Eluveitie set. They might have cut the set short. I was too tired to count the number of songs.
1. Primordial Breath
2. Bloodstained Ground
3. Your Gaulish War
4. Song Of Life
5. Uis Elveti
6. Inis Mona
7. Gray Sublime Archon
8. (Do)minion
9. AnDro
10. The Somber Lay
11. Tegernakô

P.S. I found a huge pirate flag and I remember the guy whom it belongs to. I think he left after Alestorm and forgot his flag. Dude if you post here by any chance, I have your flag.

Last edited by andrew_metalhead; 11-22-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:57 PM

i agree about the venue sucking. Hordes of Hates was so terrible i think that's the worst band i've ever seen, then again they're only a local band. Statius was very impressive. Kivimetsan Druidi bored me. my friend and i didn't want to wait at the venue for another 3 hours to wait for Eluveitie so we went to a hotel party my friends were at and decided to came back later. we got back at 12:35 when Eluveitie was supposed to come on at 12:25, and only to find out Belphegor has been playing for a little bit. finally Eluveitie hits the stage at 1ish and alot of the crowd had already left. not suprising because they started really late. Eluveitie was awesome but it felt like i was watching an opening band for the first few songs cause barely anyone was into it. then after awhile the crowd got more into it and there were more pits, crowd surfers, and folk dancing. too bad i missed Alestorm but i did not want to be at the venue for a full 7 hours.

by the way i reaally don't think Eluveitie played Birctom and Omnos because i also wrote the setlist as the show went on. also Slania's Song should be Song of Life.

awesome show though! i was the guy with the blue Wintersun shirt
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
by the way i reaally don't think Eluveitie played Birctom and Omnos because i also wrote the setlist as the show went on. also Slania's Song should be Song of Life.

awesome show though! i was the guy with the blue Wintersun shirt
Thanks man .. I kinda guessed it that they wouldn't have played 13 songs but as I said, I was so tired that I wasn't sure about it. But they would have normally played Birtcom and Omnos if not for the shitty venue and sound guy and the 6 openers.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

was all of Eluveitie all able to even fit on the stage, as they do have 8 band members
Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chewbacca defense View Post
was all of Eluveitie all able to even fit on the stage, as they do have 8 band members
Yes barely!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 AM
N00B

I would never ever say Belphegor or Vreid sucked. In fact Vreid was the only reason I made the long drive to see the show. The rest were awesome but Vreid was the selling point to travel 250 miles.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Out of the seven bands (a number which was ridiculously high in my opinion) I liked Statius, Kivimetsan Druidi, Alestorm and Eluveitie. Too bad Eluveitie didn't play a longer set.

The venue Ultra Violet Social Club fuckin' sucked. The stage was way too small and the sound guy sucked so bad that even though each band except Eluveitie played more or less 30 minutes, they were taking 30 minutes to set up for every band. No wonder, because the place used to be a strip club and it was the first ever show here. May be it was the same sound guy too. I REALLY hope I don't have to see any more shows at this place. The show started at 7.30 and ended at 2.30 AM.

The Eluveitie frontman Chrisgel even said that they couldn't play their acoustic songs because the stage was too small for the various acoustic instruments they used to record in the studio and play at bigger shows.

Alestorm were very impressive and the pits were brutal. I want to say 'fuck you' to all the stage divers who decided to do it even though the stage was barely big enough for all the band members to stand and play. Druidi were very interesting and Statius were mightily impressive. Hordes Of Hate, Vreid and Belphegor fuckin' sucked.

Before the show I got to meet and interview Chrisgel too. Very cool guy.

Full review, slideshow and interview will be posted soon. Pics here for the moment: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=e5635b19b7

I have only 2 setlists. It would be great if people can post sets of other bands specially Druidi and Statius.

Belphegor:
1. Bleeding Salvation
2. Seyn Todt In Schwartz
3. Hells Ambassador
4. Lucifer Incestus
5. Walpurgis Rites
6. Stigma Diabolicum
7. Justine Soaked In Blood
8. Reichswehr In Blood
9. Bondage Goat Zombie

I'm not entirely sure of the Eluveitie set. They might have cut the set short. I was too tired to count the number of songs.
1. Primordial Breath
2. Bloodstained Ground
3. Your Gaulish War
4. Song Of Life
5. Uis Elveti
6. Inis Mona
7. Gray Sublime Archon
8. (Do)minion
9. AnDro
10. The Somber Lay
11. Tegernakô

P.S. I found a huge pirate flag and I remember the guy whom it belongs to. I think he left after Alestorm and forgot his flag. Dude if you post here by any chance, I have your flag.
just to let you know are set list (statius) was
Storm Bracing
Deep into that Darkness
Wulf
Moonlight Tragedies
Forest Kin
Obsession with the Stars
Old 11-25-2009, 01:09 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by statiusmetal View Post
just to let you know are set list (statius) was
Storm Bracing
Deep into that Darkness
Wulf
Moonlight Tragedies
Forest Kin
Obsession with the Stars
hey man thanks for posting!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Vreid and Belphegor fuckin' sucked.
10/06 - King Crimson
10/28 - King Diamond / Satan
11/02 - Raven
Old 11-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalEmperor View Post
Yes they did. Specially Belphegor. There's absolutely nothing good about their music. Pouring 'blood' all over yourself and pretending to be evil doesn't make a band cool unless the music is any good.

Tags
alestorm, belphegor, eluveitie, kivimetsan druidi, statius, vreid