Picks:
GWAR
Band of Orcs

Drumsticks:
GWAR

Autographs:
GWAR- Lust in Space Booklet
GWAR- Piece of Paper
GWAR- fanclub card (now illegible because Todd Evans signed it in sharpie over the entire front of it)
GWAR- Blood Drive DVD
Cattle Decapitation- Caninus Split, signed by Travis
Cattle Decapitation- Human Jerky pic disc
Suffocation- Blood Oath CD
Suffocation- Poster
Mastodon- Poster
Cannibal Corpse- Eviseration Plague Booklet
Cannibal Corpse- Comic book
Toxic Holocaust- Poster
Lordi- T Shirt

Setlists:
Ghoul
3 Inches of Blood
Band of Orcs

possibly more that I am forgetting

Last edited by Wizzbang11; 11-15-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Picks:
Glen Tipton (he handed it to me after the gig )
Tony Iommi
Lemmy
Kirk Hammet
Paul Masvidal (Cynic)
Jack Owen (Deicide)
The guy from Tyr (don't even know his name)

Drumsticks:
Frost (Satyricon)

Setlists:
Kamelot 08
Testament 09
Pentagram 09
Deicide 09 (signed by Glen Benton, Jack Owen, and Ralph Santolla)
Symphony X 08
Kreator 09
Wino 09

Other stuff:
Alice Cooper's cane
Metallica beachball
Mastodon poster signed by the whole band
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

damn bitches, i said favorite!
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
damn bitches, i said favorite!
I mentioned my favorites at the end of my post
Old 11-15-2009, 01:56 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

i dont own any of them because theyre ridiculously expensive, but the maiden jerseys are sweet as hell. when you see someone buy them at a concert you know theyre either among the most hardcore fans ...or just a very rich poser.

Last edited by Div; 11-15-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

I don't go to concerts to get up close and personal with people in the front row, so I have very little of this kind of crap. And frankly, most of it is totally meaningless if it wasn't given to you personally, or you were specifically singled out of the crowd to throw it to. It's just random shit thrown into the audience and dumb luck placed you at the point it fell. Kudos.

I have an one of Keri Kelli's Alice Cooper picks because I was in the photo pit at the time. Erm... That's more or less it. I go to concert to watch bands. Not for stories to brag to other people.

7/9 Pentagram
16/9 Richie Kotzen
19/9 Kamchatka

Last edited by ravenheart; 11-15-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
welp

We all go to shows to watch the bands...the bragging rights are just an added bonus
Old 11-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I don't go to concerts to get up close and personal with people in the front row, so I have very little of this kind of crap. And frankly, most of it is totally meaningless if it wasn't given to you personally, or you were specifically singled out of the crowd to throw it to. It's just random shit thrown into the audience and dumb luck placed you at the point it fell. Kudos.

I have an one of Keri Kelli's Alice Cooper picks because I was in the photo pit at the time. Erm... That's more or less it. I go to concert to watch bands. Not for stories to brag to other people.
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post

The grand majority of everything I listed was given specifically to me. Many of the picks and drumsticks (and Mat Sinner wristband) were all handed to me by the people themselves. I don't believe in fighting to catch stuff at shows. There's no point in fighting someone if the object wasn't intended for you. I just happen to have a lot of this sort of stuff because I am right up front at the grand majority of shows I go to and tend to get really into the shows, thus I guess the band members tend to want to throw me stuff. However, many of the setlists were in fact just luck, or me asking a roadie for it after the set was over, because, hey, if they're just gonna throw it out, why not.

But the last part of your statement kinda upsets me. I obviously go to concerts to watch bands too, I'd be retarded if I was spending the kind of money I do just to try to catch things. Everything I've acquired through my years of going to concerts just happens to be stuff that I am proud to have, because of how much the music means to me, and in many cases, was given to me because the band members saw that. It's proof of SOME sort of connection, which is a huge part of why I go to shows in the first place. Interaction is half the fun of live music.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
The grand majority of everything I listed was given specifically to me. Many of the picks and drumsticks (and Mat Sinner wristband) were all handed to me by the people themselves. I don't believe in fighting to catch stuff at shows. There's no point in fighting someone if the object wasn't intended for you. I just happen to have a lot of this sort of stuff because I am right up front at the grand majority of shows I go to and tend to get really into the shows, thus I guess the band members tend to want to throw me stuff. However, many of the setlists were in fact just luck, or me asking a roadie for it after the set was over, because, hey, if they're just gonna throw it out, why not.

But the last part of your statement kinda upsets me. I obviously go to concerts to watch bands too, I'd be retarded if I was spending the kind of money I do just to try to catch things. Everything I've acquired through my years of going to concerts just happens to be stuff that I am proud to have, because of how much the music means to me, and in many cases, was given to me because the band members saw that. It's proof of SOME sort of connection, which is a huge part of why I go to shows in the first place. Interaction is half the fun of live music.
I agree with this completely. Also, as far as meaning, it really doesnt matter if you did get it by dumb luck, the important thing about it is the meaning it has to you regardless of if the band members themselves noticed you.

That said, with the exception of the Suffocation stuff and the Ghoul setlist everything I have was given to me by band members.