'I Am The Law'
'Only'
'Indians'
'Bring The Noise'

Note - John Bush on vocals
Source = http://www.bravewords.com/news/119032
Old 08-02-2009, 05:21 PM
We're dying on the inside

Whoa fuck John Bush sang a show with Anthrax now?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Whoa fuck John Bush sang a show with Anthrax now?
Yeah Anthrax let their new singer Dan Nelson go for whatever reason last week and Bush agreed to do this one show with them. If i were John i wouldn't go back though not after how they got rid of him last time. I think this is just a one time thing. Kinda like when Ozzy reunited with Sabbath to do Live Aid in the mid 80's.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:24 PM
N00B

From Blabberbouth.net

ANTHRAX played yesterday (Saturday, August 1) at the Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with John Bush (ANTHRAX's singer from 1992 to 2005) joining them for a very special one-off performance.

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian wrote on his Twitter page shortly after the concert, "40-odd thousand people chanting 'Bring back Bush.' 'Nuff said."

Metal Hammer magazine writes in its review of the gig, "One word sums up ANTHRAX [at Sonisphere] flawless. Smashing through the barricades with a thunderous 'What Doesn't Die', it's mind-blowing to think that this incarnation of ANTHRAX haven't played together for four years. Bush's voice is nothing short of sensational, as his enthusiasm and energy.

"'Caught In A Mosh', 'Antisocial', making an entire field full of people lose their fucking mind during 'Bring The Noise' and a finale of 'Indians', John Bush and ANTHRAX came to Knebworth and came, saw and motherfucking conquered."

Fan-filmed video footage of the show (with low-quality audio) can be viewed below.

Check out pictures from ThrashHits.com.

ANTHRAX parted ways with singer Dan Nelson last month due to what has been described as "personal differences." As a result, the band canceled 10 European shows and pulled out of a U.S. tour with SLIPKNOT which was scheduled to take place in August and September.

ANTHRAX's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET on July 21 that the band's new album, "Worship Music", which was previously due in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records, will now be "pushed back to a later date." According to Ian, Dan Nelson's tracks will most likely be erased from the CD, which was recently mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE).

When asked if he, in the back of his mind, is hoping that the Sonisphere show might lead to something more permanent with Bush, Ian told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine, "It's not in the back of my mind it's right at the front of it. When our reunion tour with Joey Belladonna and Dan Spitz finished in 2007, we [Ian, drummer Charlie Benante and bassist Frank Bello] wanted both John and [guitarist] Rob Caggiano to come back. Well, Rob returned but not John.

"I love working with John, and I know I speak for everyone involved with ANTHRAX the band and the fans when I say that the best thing for us would for this to turn into a long-term relationship. But I don't want to jump the gun. Let's see how things go at Sonisphere, and take it from there."
Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Life Is My Own To Live My Own Way

Bush is fuckin amazing on his own stuff but im not a huge fan of the remake album he did, but i like his stuff better anyways
Old 08-04-2009, 03:16 PM

i do think its bullshit that Anthrax was going to OPEN for Slipknot tho
Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmasta257 View Post
i do think its bullshit that Anthrax was going to OPEN for Slipknot tho
I would agree with that if this were 15 years ago but not now. Anthrax was coming off a long lay off when they signed on for the tour so opening up for one of the most popular metal bands today wasn't a bad idea in terms of re-establishing themselves and trying to appeal to a younger audience. You can't take 6 years off and get a new singer and expect the fans to still be there. Especially with a band like Anthrax who's popularity has plumited since the mid 90's. I'm sure Slipknot was just trying to help out a band that influenced them a lot.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:04 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I would agree with that if this were 15 years ago but not now. Anthrax was coming off a long lay off when they signed on for the tour so opening up for one of the most popular metal bands today wasn't a bad idea in terms of re-establishing themselves and trying to appeal to a younger audience. You can't take 6 years off and get a new singer and expect the fans to still be there. Especially with a band like Anthrax who's popularity has plumited since the mid 90's. I'm sure Slipknot was just trying to help out a band that influenced them a lot.
Well said. At this point for Anthrax to have any credibility at all they need Belladonna or Bush. Bringing in another stiff will not bring out people to their shows.

Personally I'd like to see some better setlists also. The covers were cool 10 years ago but they're tired now. I can name 30 songs I'd rather hear than those covers. Hell they're best cover to me is Got the Time and I'd rather hear that personally.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That is a good point, i am an EXTREME slipknot hater tho
8/23-Exodus, Malevolent Creation
8/25-Enthroned
10/22-Immolation, Vader
11/8-Nile

Tags
anthrax