Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Fleetwood Mac -- Minneapolis, MN -- September 30th, 2014
The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-07-2009, 01:11 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,900
Blog Entries: 19
Modern Warfare 2 Airport Massacre Video

http://tunelab.com/board/topic.php?id=5137

Thoughts? Too soon? How long until MW2 gets recalled?
__________________
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
09/30 - The Story So Far
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-07-2009, 01:14 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
I'm offended...


...by the fact that none of that looks any fun.

edit: ok even when actual enemies do show up it just seems easy/call of grenades
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."

Last edited by SomewhereInTime72; 11-07-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2009, 01:20 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,900
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I'm offended...


...by the fact that none of that looks any fun.

edit: ok even when actual enemies do show up it just seems easy/call of grenades
The guy playing the video seems like one of those lame "pro" multiplayer people, so it was hard for me to watch when the police came.

But yeah. Very glad I'm not getting this game.
__________________
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
09/30 - The Story So Far
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:20 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,327
I only watched up until the initial massacre because I don't want to spoil the game for myself but I think it looks very cool. Is it edgy? Yeah, but I won't feel bad slaughtering pixels because I'm not gonna go imitate scenes like that in real life.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:43 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I only watched up until the initial massacre because I don't want to spoil the game for myself but I think it looks very cool. Is it edgy? Yeah, but I won't feel bad slaughtering pixels because I'm not gonna go imitate scenes like that in real life.
Eh, a good game(and by extension, movie, book, etc.) should make you care about what's going on, even though it's not real, IMO.

However, in concept, having such a negative thing depicted by a (protagonist? i dont really know the context) in a game is actually kind of an interesting idea. I do think that making you do it yourself is pretty ridiculous, though.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:52 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,900
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I only watched up until the initial massacre because I don't want to spoil the game for myself but I think it looks very cool. Is it edgy? Yeah, but I won't feel bad slaughtering pixels because I'm not gonna go imitate scenes like that in real life.
Remember in CoD4 when you're that prisoner in the very beginning? This is kinda like that.
__________________
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
09/30 - The Story So Far
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:54 PM
IrritatedTrout's Avatar
IrritatedTrout IrritatedTrout is offline
Not a number, I'm a free man
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Eh, a good game(and by extension, movie, book, etc.) should make you care about what's going on, even though it's not real, IMO.

However, in concept, having such a negative thing depicted by a (protagonist? i dont really know the context) in a game is actually kind of an interesting idea. I do think that making you do it yourself is pretty ridiculous, though.

Yeah, I agree about the making you care thing. In the right context (when I'm playing the game) it'll probably make me care a lot more because I'm engaged in the story. But in this context I meant that I'm not all offended (as I'm sure the media will be) by having to carry an act of video game terrorism. As far as the context of it, I'm pretty sure your character has infiltrated the Russian Nationalist circle and you have to gain their trust (I think one of those guys in the video may even be the top bad guy).


Also, I'm not sure if this is true but I think I've heard that this is an optional level.
__________________
6/17 - Meshuggah
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
6/29 - Blaze Bayley - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
CoD is the new Madden...


i might torrent this shit if i feel like some mindless shooting, but otherwise fuhgitaboutit


also, I was playing dragon age: origins last night and its easily one of the best games of the year. the story is so cool, BioWare is awesome. im not really a big medieval rpg guy, but this game really sucked me in. the difficulty level is pretty challenging cause you need to use tactics to win. its also cool that the game gives you the different story based on what race and gender you pick.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Div's Avatar
Div Div is offline
cool babies, strange but not a stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
Yeah, I agree about the making you care thing. In the right context (when I'm playing the game) it'll probably make me care a lot more because I'm engaged in the story. But in this context I meant that I'm not all offended (as I'm sure the media will be) by having to carry an act of video game terrorism. As far as the context of it, I'm pretty sure your character has infiltrated the Russian Nationalist circle and you have to gain their trust (I think one of those guys in the video may even be the top bad guy).


Also, I'm not sure if this is true but I think I've heard that this is an optional level.

im pretty sure this level is just the game intro
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,900
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
also, I was playing dragon age: origins last night and its easily one of the best games of the year. the story is so cool, BioWare is awesome. im not really a big medieval rpg guy, but this game really sucked me in. the difficulty level is pretty challenging cause you need to use tactics to win. its also cool that the game gives you the different story based on what race and gender you pick.
Yes! Holy shit, how far are you? I'm trying to get the Urn of Andraste's ashes but it's so bitching hard.
__________________
09/26 - Black Cobra
09/29 - Interpol
09/30 - The Story So Far
10/05 - Macabre
10/07 - Knuckle Puck
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008