Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Stone Cold Crazy
Trapped Under Ice
Seek and Destroy

Blah blah blah it's already been posted. I was there so I'm posting it too dammit.

My first Met gig and it was amazing. Me and a lot of other people with GA tickets went through hell (looooooooong story, short version is that the venue is the most unorganized I've ever seen in my life) but most of the guys I met before the doors opened managed to get rail like me (although I owe it to a Metclub friend for holding a spot for me). Gojira was first and they were pretty good and they seemed like cool guys. LoG was next and they were kinda disappointing. I'm no LoG fan by any means but I saw them open for Megadeth in '06 and they were pretty good back then. Tonight they seemed to lack the energy that made them good a few years back. Oh well.

Metallica hit the stage and they were amazing. After the first two new songs James said "I hope you like the old stuff", and that's when I knew I was in for a great set. The "die, die, die" part of Creeping Death was insane. I was extremely happy they played Fuel too as that is my favorite post AJFA song. I know a lot of people complain about how many DM songs they are playing but I thought those songs were really fun live, especially My Apocalypse. I was with some friends who follow Metallica around the country and they went absolutely berserk when the intro to MA came on. After the gig I asked them if they'd ever seen it played before and they told me it was the first time it's ever been played in the US. The pyro during One was unbelievable. I saw Kiss earlier this week and Metallica still blew my mind with their flame jets. Kiss had more explosives but Metallica had bigger fireballs so I'm not sure who wins there, both were though.

I was really pulling for Dyers Eve (my favorite Met song) in the last rotating slot of the main set but Blackened is awesome too so I was happy with that. Trapped Under Ice was awesome and Seek And Destroy was a lot of fun. I caught one of the beachballs. The guys are awesome performers. They were so chill, they'd goof of, Lars would have his tech bring him drinks between songs (one of which he threw on me), and Lars even grabbed a kid out of the audience and got him to play the cymbal intro to SaD.

At the end of the set I caught a pick thrown by Kirk but it says Lars on it. Anybody want to fill me in on that one? It's white and has a weird face on the front and says Lars on the back. Do each of the guys have a different face pick?

Overall, a 10/10 show. Metal up your ass!
5/21 - Primus
6/28 - Iron Maiden - Bergen, Norway
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
Old 10-18-2009, 05:51 AM
N00B

Honestly there should be a rule that people who actually attended the show get first dibs on starting the thread.

I attend a lot of shows a year and generally document the show as performed so setlist adds/drops are 100% accurate.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Destroyer of Christian Faith

I knew I saw you up front, I was sitting damn near the top. but it was still awesome, the laser show was cool. I recorded Kirk's solo
Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffbeatNixHex View Post
Honestly there should be a rule that people who actually attended the show get first dibs on starting the thread.
That shouldn't be a rule because there's no garuntee that someone on this board will be at a show in every city it's not possible. Plus, most members here aren't aware and don't memerize which shows everyone is going to. I say if you find a set put it up. If you go to a show and someone else already posted it it's not a big deal post it again with your own review of the show.

Plus in the case of Metallica they give live updates on what's being played at each show at metontour.com and the full setlist is posted after the show is over so the access to their sets is much easier than a lot of other bands and that's why people who don't go to the shows post them right away.

Now back on topic this set is very good it's nice to see Fade To Black in there for the second show in a row I think. Maybe they're getting back to it being a regular again
Old 10-19-2009, 01:10 PM
were all going through hell, its burn or keep on walking

"my apocalypse" is so much better than "the judas kiss" which is what they replaced it with....awesome to see "blackened" and "trapped under ice" in there....also good to see they are switching things up, I remember when I saw them on summer sanitarium, they kept the same setlist the entire tour, boring considering how big of a repetoire they have.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
That Guy

I'm digging that set.

I have always thought that My Apocalypse should be the last song before the encore. The ending is a great way to end a set and fuck with people thinking the show is done.

Tags
lamb of god, metallica