Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondtheblack View Post
By the way, no idea if you've interviewed Ivar of Enslaved. He will live up to Frost's eloquence.
Quote:
You've missed them in May it seems. They'll definitely be back in 2010 with the new release!

By the way, Enslaved's Vertebrae won Terrorizer's Album of 2008.
I saw them open for Opeth. Wasn't a journalist that time so didn't get to do interviews. Yeah they were awesome in that show and their new album is good1
Old 10-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned Asshole

Sorry, I meant you missed to interview them. Both Ivar and Grutle are extremely pleasant.

Enslaved were supposed to do a headlining tour of the USA this fall, but seems audiences are not so much into their intellectual black-viking metal.

Something curious: battle of the bands, haha. "Which band is smarter": http://www.vgtv.no/?id=23702

Enslavedx2 (5) - Satyricon (4).

1) In 1992 a Askim based band released their debut album "Winter of Sin" - What was the band?
- Fester
2) The debut album "My time will come" was released by which band?
- Fleurity.
3) In 1997, which western band released the album "Witchcraft"?
- Gehenna.
4) "The Isle of Men" was the demo of which southern band?
- Carpathian Forest.
5) Mysticum in 1993 released a demo under another band name - which?
- Sabazios.

It's not fair though, 2 versus one.

By the way, when I saw Satyricon in May this year, I told them I'd traveled long distances for them and Enslaved, and Satyr said: "But we are better than Enslaved", hahahaha

And here Frost pops up out of the blue to greet Grutle, sweet:

"Frost, aka Kjetil Haraldstad of Satyricon appeared and greeted Enslaved's Grutle Kjellson during an interview with Ostkant newspaper."
Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Headbanger

Awesome!

I'll be going to quite a few black metal shows in November .. Moonspell, Ensiferum and Eluveitie
Old 10-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
The first ever black metal show that I went to.

Satyricon set list:
1. Repined Bastard Nation
2. The Wolfpack
3. Now, Diabolical
4. Forhekset
5. Black Crow On A Tombstone
6. A New Enemy
7. Die By My Hand
8. Den Siste
9. The Pentagram Burns

Encore
10.K.I.N.G
11.Fuel For Hatred
12.Mother North
Its about time you came over to the dark side...

Satyricon in Seattle tonight - can't wait!
11/19 - Onslaught
11/22 - Judas Priest
11/23 - Alice Cooper
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned Asshole

I truly envy you about Moonspell!!! I just wrote to tell them they're the only band I miss so much when I don't see them for a couple of months. Last time I saw them, was July in Holland. Review here: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=502435946
Old 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned Asshole

New Frost interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx4MexsezNQ
Old 10-14-2009, 01:03 AM
N00B

Moonspell are some of the nicest dudes, Satyr and Frost really didn't say much when I met them (they were getting mobbed by fans - I just stood to the side and talked to them gracefully while dozens of kids were looking at them like they were statues!) They are very courteous though, being so fucking metal!
I've been very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to have an impromptu interview (if you will) with some of my favorites... Enslaved, Unleashed, Olavi Mikkonen of Amon Amarth, Rotting Christ, Vader, Suffocation, and Belphegor are all really cool people to talk to, party with, and interview. Belphegor especially... those guys are fucking nuts!!!!

There was a night when Olavi told me about Sweden, and basically told me about his home life. Girlfriend, home, recording time, and really personal type shit. I was surprised he would tell me about a lot of that.

On the other hand, I could name some bands/artists that were very discourteous but I'll save myself from slanderizing some of my own favorite bands and other's idols. Nothing I said or did, they just didn't have the time, nor did I have the credentials to be talking to them.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:22 AM
Banned Asshole

Sometimes I wonder how Satyr, Frost, Fernando and the other courteous gentlemen of metal don't get totally annoyed by fans, or at least how they manage to now let it show. It's relatively rare that a fan would attempt to get into the real depths of bands' music and philosophy - the world today is all about idolization and sensationalism. Indeed, it is puzzling it would elude most that these people are namely people who happen to have art as their vocation.

Fernando Ribeiro is the most stunning person I have ever met. He is truly...angelic, if I could say that, lol. I have never come across such grace, sincere consideration and attention to the fans. He has an amazing sensitivity and responsiveness to other people. Last time I saw Moonspell, I couldn't but shout in between the songs: "We love you Fernando!" - to my delight, he seemed sincerely moved, he stepped to the front end of the stage, and looked for the face in the audience that had said it; then he graced us with a deep "Thank you".

Enslaved have just been confirmed as hosts of a great underground doom/psychedelic metal festival in Holland: http://www.roadburn.com/
“This show will pan towards the latter day Enslaved and will consist of a set list specially put together for Roadburn; emphasizing the heavy, the psychedelic and not but least – the visual aspect of what Enslaved is today. Be prepared for a surprise or two!” Ivar Bjørnson.

The rest of the bands you mention are totally awesome. I think Unleashed are the best death metal band today; of course, Suffocation are no less impressive.
I haven't met Belphegor, but I have the pleasure of knowing Sakis from Rotting Christ - they're our neighbours after all (Bulgaria borders Greece). Sakis is utterly elated about the forthcoming album, which I believe they should have already recorded at Olympus mountain.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Headbanger

My interview is now on Blabbermouth too.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=128743
Old 10-15-2009, 12:10 AM
N00B

Quote:
Sometimes I wonder how Satyr, Frost, Fernando and the other courteous gentlemen of metal don't get totally annoyed by fans, or at least how they manage to now let it show. It's relatively rare that a fan would attempt to get into the real depths of bands' music and philosophy - the world today is all about idolization and sensationalism. Indeed, it is puzzling it would elude most that these people are namely people who happen to have art as their vocation.

I haven't met Belphegor, but I have the pleasure of knowing Sakis from Rotting Christ - they're our neighbours after all (Bulgaria borders Greece). Sakis is utterly elated about the forthcoming album, which I believe they should have already recorded at Olympus mountain.

Very well said.
And yes, Sakis is a very nice guy too... I had the pleasure of taking them all to Alice Cooper'sTown restaurant in Phoenix last February, and we all had a good time that night. Sakis recently told me that Rotting Christ is nearly finished with the new album. Can't wait!
Funny thing about Sakis... he doesn't drive. He's actually afraid of cars!!!! He won't even sit in a fast one! I thought that was slightly ironic, being that he's one of my fearless idols!

Last edited by AnglOvDeth; 10-15-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Tags
chthonic, satyricon, toxic holocaust