Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
The Goddamn Gallows -- Long Beach, CA -- April 16th, 2014

Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 PM
N00B

Gojira - Milwaukee, WI - October 7th, 2009

Just got back from Gojira, they played the Rave Bar, which holds about 300 people, which I'm sure was the eventual turnout. I got up front, against the stage, and Zoroaster were the first band. They were pretty boring, just a typical stoner metal band. Burst played next, they were pretty good, they were a hybrid of Cynic and Mastodon. They were mad that they had sound problems, but that happens at every concert. Lazarus AD played next, who are a local thrash band, and they were really good. Finally Gojira played and this was their setlist...

Oroborus
Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Backbone
Lizard Skin
Ocean Planet
Art of Dying
Drum Solo
Remembrance
Flying Whales
Where Dragons Dwell
---
Toxic Garbage Island
Vacutiy

Like always, Gojira were incredible, they have to be one of the top 5 live bands I have ever seen. Their performance and energy are extremely rare and unreal. After the show, I high-fived all of them, Mario stagedived and I got a pick. After the show, I hung around by the buses, met all of Gojira, and some members of Burst, the singer, and the blonde guitarist. The guitarist was drunk, but awesome, I told him they reminded me of Cynic and he flipped out and thought that was awesome, and we talked a little about Pink Floyd and Genesis and whatnot. Gojira were really cool, I got my ticket stub signed, and I was talking to Mario and how they got on the Metallica tour, and I guess Rob is a big fan and he saw them in France and played them for James and he loved them, so they brought them on tour. Also, Joe said their goal is to headline the ballroom, so hopefully they will.

By the way, they are going to release a DVD, probably earlier next year, and me and some friends were interviewed for it.
5/16 - Slayer
6/15 - Eyehategod

Last edited by Jochen; 10-08-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned Asshole

That's a real nice setlist. I'd love to go back in time and see them right after The Link was released.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Kneeling Whaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
Zoroaster were the first band. They were pretty boring, just a typical stoner metal band.
Lies. They're more of an experimental sludge band and a damn good one at that. They played my town with The Gates of Slumber and SerpentCult which I was hurting to go to, but it was a 21+ event.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:51 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackmoreOfBowling View Post
Lies. They're more of an experimental sludge band and a damn good one at that. They played my town with The Gates of Slumber and SerpentCult which I was hurting to go to, but it was a 21+ event.
Yeah, that's cool. I never got into the stoner/sludge genre, so I didn't like them.
5/16 - Slayer
6/15 - Eyehategod

Tags
gojira