Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned Asshole

Trivium -- Ventura, CA -- October 2nd, 2009

I gotta start by saying this was one of the most fun shows I've been too. All the bands (with exception of Whitechapel) played amazing sets! The intensity when Trivium came on was so awesome and they geniunely were having an amazing time!

I got a spot in the front right next to the rail, and took some tight pictures!

First band was Dirge Within. They were really great! Maybe it was because they were the first band I had seen in a while.

I know they played "Force Fed Lies" somewhere in the middle and ended with "Forever the Martyr." They played for 30 minutes.

Next up was Darkest Hour. It was my 2nd time seeing them. They always put on a great show live!

I know that they played:
Sadist Nation
The Tides (I'll put a video link up soon)
Convalescence
and they definetely ended with: Demon(s)

Thanks to xStructuralDefectx for finding out, they will be coming back to headline soon! Should be fun

Trivium review will be up soon, since there is a limit on how many picture you can post, and it went over it when I posted the Trivium ones. It will be up shortly!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Banned Asshole

IT WAS TRIVIUM TIME!! (Of course, after having to sit through 40 minutes of Whitechapel Karate-fag-core).

"End of Everything" - Recorded Intro

When the intro began, everyone went apeshit, and that energy held up throughout the entire set!

When I heard the beggining of Rain, I thought "awesome" it's an amazing opener! but honestly I would've rather heard Kirisute Gomen open. Still it was a blast.

After "Rain" they went right into two great Ember to Inferno songs, "The Deciever" followed by "When All Light Dies."

The choruses in each and every song, were so epic and loud. Everybody was singing along, and that made it a great experience!

I have a pretty terrible memory, but I'm pretty confident after that they played "Into the Mouth of Hell We March." I know for sure it was played, and I'm 99% sure it was played after WALD.

I got a video of the song, but playing it back later I realized the place was WAY too loud to even pick up any of the song other than static. And I have a pretty good video recorder on my camera!

After that, they went right into "My Hatred" one of my favorites off Ember to Inferno.

Following that was "Torn Between Schylla and Charybdis." During this song, and later songs in the set, Matt Heafy would walk backstage and into the crowd! I would've had a great picture, but asshole security guards made me turn off flash. I will rant on the security guards later. I love the intro to this song and it translates great live!

Following that, my favorite song off Shogun. THROES OF PERDITION!!! I would've had a video for you with this one also, but unfortunately, it was far too loud so I won't bother uploading it.

I believe after that they played "Down From the Sky!" It's an amazing song, and it is also live.

After that, was "Like Light to the Flies." The first song I knew by Trivium, which motivated me to pursue them further. This is always a great song, especially live, it's really intense. Everybody in that room singing the chorus at the top of their lungs is really an awesome thing to witness!

Following "Like Light to the Flies," was "A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation." It's definetely one of my favorites off Ascendancy.

Everybody in the room were screaming out their last ounces of energy as soon as the drum introduction to "Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr" began. It is a wonderful closing song, and you have to love that chorus.

Such an amazing show, and props to Trivium, they really did pick an amazing setlist. The perfect balance of each album, with the exception of The Crusade. Songs off that album really would not fit in with the rest of the setlist. I love the Shogun songs they picked, but I would've liked to hear "Kirisute Gomen" and "Like Callisto to a Star in Heaven" but hey, you can't get everything!'

Recorded Intro: The End of Everything
1. Rain
2. The Decieved
3. When All Light Dies
4. Into The Mouth of Hell We March
5. My Hatred
6. Torn Between Schylla and Charybdis
7. Throes of Perdition
8. Down From the Sky
9. Like Light to the Flies
10. A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
11. Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

I tried to grab a setlist at the end but was unsuccesfull, so this set is all from memory. I am pretty confident in its accuracy, but if someone sees something wrong, feel free to correct me.

If you haven't seen Trivium, you really should! Their headlining shows are so intense and intimate and you really do have a blast. I would have loved to see the pit, but my spot was too good to give up. My friend said it was real rough and mean because of security

The next part will be a LONG rant about the security at the Ventura Theatre. If you get offended by the constant use of the "f" word, or don't feel like getting pissed off, don't read this:

I have definetely had my deal with the security staff at the Ventura Theatre. They really don't seem to take into consideration AT ALL that people are there to have fun. They treat moshpits like it's a bunch of people trying to start a riot or fight, They remove you from the concert if you crowdsurf, which I did at a Lamb of God show a few months back. It's not like when they're removing you they're being nice, when I was removed at the Lamb of God concert, I was dragged all the fucking way outside and thrown on the goddamn sidewalk like I had fucking done something so terrible. I got a ton of cuts and my body ached when they fucking threw me on the sidewalk.

At the show last night, I started off taking flash photographs, and they guy fucking GRABBED my expensive camera, got in my face, fucking yelled at me and pushed me, then proceeded to return my camera... Seriously? I mean during these bands that are using strobe lights and shit that are blinding everyone, they freak out over flash photography? So then I fucking pointed to these people that were like 3 feet from me that were taking flash photography and he fucking yelled at me again saying it's not his problem?!?!! What a fucking prick.

My almost caught a pick that Matt Heafy threw, guess what? Security guard picks it up, my friend asks for it for like 10 seconds and the guard just shakes his head and gives it to somebody else.

My friend was in the pit, and he said that the security was headlocking people that were moshing and removing them from the concert. At the end of the concert, I wanted to get a setlist, and I saw that there were still a few on stage that they hadn't handed out yet. So I asked for one, andd the guy says "GET THE FUCK OUT WERE CLOSED."

And THAT is why I will always hate the Ventura Theatre and in the future will go to great lengths to never have to see a show there again.

Back to the concert:
Dirge Within: 8/10
Darkest Hour: 8.5/10
Whitechapel: 0/10
Trivium: 9.5/10

See this show if you haven't already. All the bands (except for Whitechapel) put on a great show and it is a really fun time.

I know that I'll be seeing this show again but next time it'll be a huge show with Hatebreed, Cannibal Corpse, and more.

That wraps up my longass post. I hope you enjoyed reading it and decide to check these bands out if you haven't already!

-Bennett

P.S. I'll leave you guys with a sick picture I took of Matt Heafy

Old 10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
welp

Dude that fucking sucks about the venue security. I would have been so pissed.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 PM

jesus christ that venue sounds like it sucks balls. you should've came to the pomona show on thursday. security were chill there. the only time security went into the mosh pit was during Whitechapel when the lameass hardcore dancers would accidentally hit eachother and start fights.

and by the way FUCK brocore wigger hardcore dancers. i always hated them but i gained a new hate for them. during Whitechapel people were hardcore dancing and some guy accidentally hit a brocore dancer while hardcore dancing so the brocore and his brocore crew tried to start a fight with him but was stopped by security. after the show i find out that brocore crew had jumped the same guy who accidentally hit one of the brocore dancer. sooner or later the ambulance and cops came so it must've been serious.

whoever was at the pomona show the crew i'm talking about were the guys in the middle of the pit after Whitechapel and were chanting "play another song" and "FUCK TRIVIUM!"

what a bunch of fucking faggots. i seriously hope every single one of these brocore dancers die and burns in hell. fuck them. i almost got jumped at a Suicide Silence show cuz i punched a brocore in the face when he was purposely trying to be an ass and hardcore dance on me and others. so that faggot's brocore crew were looking for me at the end of the show.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Last edited by xStructualDefect; 10-03-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStructualDefect View Post
people were hardcore dancing and some guy accidentally hit a brocore dancer while hardcore dancing so the brocore and his brocore crew.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:08 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Sounds like you had a bitching time

Kirisute Gomen wouldve been a better opener cuz its the shogun tour and all, but Rain is still deadly

Btw its the deceived, not deceiver, and its off ascendancy, there was a demo on ember to inferno though
Old 10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
"I Love Lamp"

Quote:
jesus christ that venue sounds like it sucks balls. you should've came to the pomona show on thursday. security were chill there. the only time security went into the mosh pit was during Whitechapel when the lameass hardcore dancers would accidentally hit eachother and start fights.

and by the way FUCK brocore wigger hardcore dancers. i always hated them but i gained a new hate for them. during Whitechapel people were hardcore dancing and some guy accidentally hit a brocore dancer while hardcore dancing so the brocore and his brocore crew tried to start a fight with him but was stopped by security. after the show i find out that brocore crew had jumped the same guy who accidentally hit one of the brocore dancer. sooner or later the ambulance and cops came so it must've been serious.

whoever was at the pomona show the crew i'm talking about were the guys in the middle of the pit after Whitechapel and were chanting "play another song" and "FUCK TRIVIUM!"

what a bunch of fucking faggots. i seriously hope every single one of these brocore dancers die and burns in hell. fuck them. i almost got jumped at a Suicide Silence show cuz i punched a brocore in the face when he was purposely trying to be an ass and hardcore dance on me and others. so that faggot's brocore crew were looking for me at the end of the show.
Dude I fucking feel you, the free side stage at music as a weapon was the most pathetic display of wiggercore fagatry iv ever seen in my life. It was a big hxc crew that showd up just to ruin every1s fun. and they jumped so many people during the show just for bumping them in a mosh pit, and it became a big war between us metal heads, and the hxc fags and we won. During Suicide Silence most of the crew got kicked out. I dunno if they bought tickets to go inside but I heard a guard say they wernt allowed in so id call that a victory.

Oh and b halperin thats bullshit about the security. id get every 1 i know to complain about that shit I mean people must of been pissed that they were that ruthless that you couldnt even enjoy that show you paid to see. I meen I cant imagine a show where they dont allow moshing or crowd surfing... Fuck That

11/4/09-Trivium/Chimaira/Dirge Within
12/19/09-Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth

Last edited by pantera1115; 10-03-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
That Does Not Make Sense!

i know for fact some venues explicity state no crowd surfing (Jaxx in VA). That really sucks about the security. You can prob try to see if you can find the number of the owner of the club and complain that way.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:35 PM
N00B

Quote:

That was lame, Whitechapel sucks anyways they should ditch them and give the other bands like ten more minutes and trivium take another 20 or so.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Visualize perfection

The more gig reports I see about Trivium, the more fucking excited I get. I've seen them before but it was a few years ago with Lamb Of God, Machine Head, and Gojira. They opened directly for Machine Head so they only played 6 songs, 3 from Ascendancy and 3 from The Crusade. Very happy they won't be playing any from The Crusade.

Holy shit, I've never been to a venue with that amount of shitty bullshit. The security guards I've seen are, most of the time, cool and funny. They'll talk shit with you in between bands and if you see a pick on the other side of the rail and point it out before anyone else, they'll give it to you usually. At the last Hatebreed show I pointed one out and the guy picked it up, shrugged, and walked off with it. But yeah, that venue sounds fucking horrible and would probably piss me off as much, if not more, than you.

Motherfuck! I hate fagcore dancers. Whoever started that shit needs to get butt raped, with no lube. My cousin and I are going to try to get to the venue super early so we will only have to worry about getting kicked by crowd surfers and not getting hit by faggot ass air fighting queers and shoving them as hard as we can to make them fuck off.

Last edited by Fires Of Sedition; 10-03-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Tags
darkest hour, dirge within, trivium