Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

  #1  
Old 10-02-2009, 12:59 AM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,284
Kylesa -- San Francisco, CA -- October 1st, 2009

The bonus of this show was that I got to see Kylesa on a stage I played no more than 3 months ago.
One of the smelliest crowds I've ever been a part of. Also a nice selection of shirts, posters and vinyl from Kylesa.
Somehow hipsters always make their way into San Francisco shows, I don't know why.

Scapegoat
Insomnia For Months
Said and Done
Unknown Awareness
Running Red
Nature’s Predators
Almost Lost
Only One
Perception
To Walk Alone
Descend Within
Where the Horizon Unfolds
Hollow Server
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
__________________
Shit

Last edited by TonyD; 10-07-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2009, 01:59 AM
the chewbacca defense's Avatar
the chewbacca defense the chewbacca defense is offline
That Does Not Make Sense!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Reisterstown md
Posts: 224
great set from them. Saw them open for Mastodon, and would love to see them again
__________________
Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is online now
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,325
Blog Entries: 19
wewt. can't wait for this concert.
__________________
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Whatd you think of the other bands?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-03-2009, 01:08 AM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,284
Bison BC was just kinda lame, they executed well but nothing new music wise.
Saviours was ok, I wasn't expecting much because I had heard them once or twice and didn't think much of it, and Shaxul wrote them off a while back. Better than I expected and not bad for a support band, it would have been way more fun if there were more than 2-3 people moshing during their faster bits.
The bill also had Kowloon Walled City opening but I showed up late.

I guess First Act is the new standard in hesh metal basses, since both of the opening bands and Jeff from High on Fire now all have the same bass.
__________________
Shit
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Saviours was ok, I wasn't expecting much because I had heard them once or twice and didn't think much of it, and Shaxul wrote them off a while back. Better than I expected and not bad for a support band, it would have been way more fun if there were more than 2-3 people moshing during their faster bits.
The bill also had Kowloon Walled City opening but I showed up late.
Word, their new stuff is in a different league though, they've kinda morphed from stoner metal to a more NWOBHM influenced sound which I'm digging. Shaxul's not the only older dude I've encountered who isn't so hot on them either, I think its gotta be an old metalhead thing (people used to give Death Angel shit when they were first coming up too). It can be hard to tell if young bands are authentic in what they're doing so I think older dudes are leery at times, but you can't deny that they bring the rock. Kowloon Walled City are alright, would be down to see them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Natrlhi's Avatar
Natrlhi Natrlhi is offline
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Bison BC was just kinda lame, they executed well but nothing new music wise.
Saviours was ok, I wasn't expecting much because I had heard them once or twice and didn't think much of it, and Shaxul wrote them off a while back. Better than I expected and not bad for a support band, it would have been way more fun if there were more than 2-3 people moshing during their faster bits.
The bill also had Kowloon Walled City opening but I showed up late.

I guess First Act is the new standard in hesh metal basses, since both of the opening bands and Jeff from High on Fire now all have the same bass.
I actually like Bison B.C. on album quite a bit. I wonder if they just suck live, or had a bad night.
__________________
8/1 SummersLaughter
8/10 Boris / Atlas Moth / SubRosa
9/8 Man or Astro-Man?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I actually like Bison B.C. on album quite a bit. I wonder if they just suck live, or had a bad night.
They weren't bad, they were just pretty bland to me.
__________________
Shit
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kylesa

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:50 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008