Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Headbanger

Five Finger Death Punch -- Pomona, CA -- September 24th, 2009

Finally found setlists from this show. I'm checking it out Friday and have been jamming both cd's for the past few days. In my opinion Shadows Fall smokes FFDP but that's just me. Glad their getting a decent set just wish they chose better songs off the new cd. My favorite songs are Embrace Annihilation, War, My Demise & King of Nothing and they're not playing any of them it seems. Hopefully they mix it up.

SHADOWS FALL

Redemption
Forevermore
Still I Rise
A Public Execution
What Drives The Weak
The Power of I and I
Picture Perfect
Thoughts Without Words
The Light That Binds

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH

Burn it Down
The Way of the Fist
Salvation
Hard to See
Bulletproof
Dying Breed
Never Enough
White Knuckles
The Devil's Own
Meet the Monster

The Bleeding
Old 10-05-2009, 12:01 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Good sets. Lets hope Shadows Fall does My Demise at some point imo its there best song so is the rest of Retribution I think its the best thing they have done. Cool to see A Public Execution my second favorite. Shadows Fall will do more from Retribution once they start a headlining tour.
Does anyone have Oteps set.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Concert Veteran

I think Shadows Fall will play more new stuff once they go out on their own tour. Retribution is deffinately one of their best and they may just be letting the fans get to know the album first before they play most of it live. Solid set by them for an openning spot having them open for 5FDP is a slap in the face to Shadows Fall and I like 5FDP too. But Shadows Fall has been doing this for longer and has sold more albums in their career than 5 finger and can draw about the same ammount of people to see them live that 5 finger can. I'm not really even sure why Shadows Fall really took this spot at all it's not like they're not established enough that they couldn't have gone on their own tour right away. But I guess they're looking to gain new fans so that's OK but as long as they keep putting out good music like they have so far in their career that won't be a problem.

I can see why Otep took a support slot for this tour though. She's not nearly as popular as SF and might benefit a little more from the exposure more than they would.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:12 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Shadows Fall and Otep are superior to Five finger death punch. I would think 5fdp would play more than 11 songs since they are headling. 11 songs for 5FDP isnt even and hour.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Headbanger

My buddy booked the show and said it was sold to him as a triple-headliner show. He thinks Otep are doing 8 songs and 2cents 5 songs respectively.

That would explain the shorter FFDP set.

I agree that Retribution is their best cd yet. I like every song. How this band isn't selling out headlining shows is beyond me. Great drummer, ripping leads, excellent harmonizing vocals and a frontman with image and stage presence.

I saw a review that said these guys are metalcore and metalcore is on it's last leg and their new cd sucks. I could give a shit less how they're labeled. They're more like thrash to me and the new cd is Top 20 of 2009 easily. Maybe Top 10.

Would love to have them headline again and get In Effigy, Crushing Belial and Destroyer of Senses in there also
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Concert Veteran

I think the reason they're not headlining everywhere is that the last album didn't live up to expectations sales wise and it hurt the momentem they gained with the two albums before that. It was their major label debut and big things were expected but when "Another Hero Lost" was released as a single they lost some of that metal following. The marketing wasn't there for the album as much as i thought it would be either.

Plus they didn't get on a big time tour last time from what I remember. Doing the mainstage on Ozzfest did great for The War Within's sales but besides touring with Stone Sour and Lacuna Coil when TOL came out they didn't get another major spot on a big tour and that hurt. I saw the tour with SS and LC and i'm sure they gained some fans but it's not the size audience they would play in front of if they did Ozzfest or Mayhem.

The responses i've read to the new album are mostly positive so maybe they can gain back the following and sales numbers they had when they were supporting The War Within and Retribution is good enough that I don't see why it can't happen.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Headbanger

All good points. I almost feel like I'm rediscovering Threads of Life since I only listened to it a few times and it never sunk in. I will say the shredding in Forevermore is tenacious and I see why they're playing that song over others from that cd.

I'm really looking forward to the show now. I don't think they toured through hare at all for that cd.

Tags
five finger death punch, shadows fall