Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

If you count call of the mastodon then Mastodon have five, either way it will take a disaster for their next album to not be a classic too..
Old 10-01-2009, 12:12 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
If you count call of the mastodon then Mastodon have five, either way it will take a disaster for their next album to not be a classic too..
Yeah, I was thinking about this too, but I don't think Call of the Mastodon is a classic or even close really.

And the difficulty of putting out five killer albums in a row makes Maiden and Genesis all the more impressive to me, because the first two Maiden albums are almost on par with the next five, and the first two Phil Collins Genesis albums are almost on par with the five that preceded them.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
I think Priest actually pretty much have it:

Sad Wings, Sin after Sin, Stained Class, HBFL, British Steel

Yeah, the last two aren't quite on the same scale as the first three, but I'd still give it the "unfuckwithable" rating. Especially since immediately after British Steel came one of the most fuckwithable albums they've ever put out.
Sin After Sin is kinda fuckwithable, as is British Steel.

Edit: and Brad, COTM definitely counts as part of the Mastodon streak.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:19 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

The only Mastodon album I would consider to be truly "Unfuckwithable" is Leviathan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Sin After Sin is kinda fuckwithable, as is British Steel.
I disagree so hard with the first statement. I consider SAS to be Priest's 2nd finest album. British Steel... maybe... but I still give it a lot of credit for being my (and probably about 75% of all Priest fans) intro to the band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
the first two Phil Collins Genesis albums are almost on par with the five that preceded them.
aaaaand A Trick of the Tail is actually better than most of Genesis' PG albums. *runs and hides*
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
The only Mastodon album I would consider to be truly "Unfuckwithable" is Leviathan.

I disagree so hard with the first statement. I consider SAS to be Priest's 2nd finest album. British Steel... maybe... but I still give it a lot of credit for being my (and probably about 75% of all Priest fans) intro to the band.

a) agreed

b) I don't know dude, the studio recordings of Diamonds & Rust and Starbreaker are a little...gay
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:

aaaaand A Trick of the Tail is actually better than most of Genesis' PG albums. *runs and hides*
I think Leviathan and Blood Mountain are similarly awesome, but Crack the Skye and Remission, for different reasons, sit a little bit beneath them. Still great, just not quite as great.

British Steel is definitely a masterpiece, I don't have a problem with anyone saying so.

And I'd put A Trick of the Tail right under the Trespass/Nursery Cryme/Foxtrot/Selling England/Lamb Lies Down block but I can't put it above any of them...I....I just can't. And don't forget that "Afterglow" is one of the best Genesis songs and it's on the NEXT album. So yeah, very good streak.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Iron Maiden
|
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Sabbath
|
Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Master of Reality
Black Sabbath Vol. 4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

RUSH
|
A Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

Metallica
|
Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Metallica
Old 10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about this too, but I don't think Call of the Mastodon is a classic or even close really.

And the difficulty of putting out five killer albums in a row makes Maiden and Genesis all the more impressive to me, because the first two Maiden albums are almost on par with the next five, and the first two Phil Collins Genesis albums are almost on par with the five that preceded them.
Well COTM is the uneasy one, Iv heard people who are devout Mastodon fans say they hate it, and others say they love it. Either way the next 'official' Mastodon album will solisify their streak. And Maiden and Genesis definitely, I don't even listen to genesis much and know they had a golden streak in their career. And Maiden, well, IMO theyve yet to release any fully dodgey material. A bad Maiden album is still a very good album haha
Old 10-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

I don't know man, Hell Awaits is pretty classic to me, I love that album. And Peace Sells is most definitely a classic, besides the title track it's got killer tracks that most definitely constitute "notfuckablewith".

Only other bands I can think of are Dio. Yes, yes?
Old 10-01-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
I don't know man, Hell Awaits is pretty classic to me, I love that album. And Peace Sells is most definitely a classic, besides the title track it's got killer tracks that most definitely constitute "notfuckablewith".

Only other bands I can think of are Dio. Yes, yes?
Hell no on Dio. He barely has two.