Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Motorhead -- Kansas City, MO -- September 24th, 2009

Wow. Up in the top 5, probably top 3, performances of the year for me. Every part of Motorhead's performance was top notch. And to say that they were loud is an understatement.

Because of jankety directions, I got lost downtown trying to find a parking place and ended up missing Nashville Pussy and delicious almost-nudity I hear. Oh well.

Reverend Horton Heat's sound started off kind of weird for me, but as I got used to it, I really started enjoying him. Perfect blend between rock and roll, old time country, and rockabilly, the crowd loved every second of his set. Especially when he played Psychobilly Freakout (curse you Guitar Hero! I haven't 5-starred it yet!) and when he stood on the bass player's stand-up bass. Really fun, and he usually comes around here a ton of times a year, so I'll be sure to catch him next time. 8/10

Reverend Horton Heatís Big Blue Car
Now, Right Now
Iím Mad
Ainít No Saguaro In Texas
Drinkiní And Smokiní Cigarettes
Please Donít Take The Baby To The Liquor Store
Psychobilly Freakout
Baddest Of The Bad
400 Bucks
Death Metal Guys
The Jimbo Song
Devilís Chasiní Me
Big Red Rocket Of Love

Not 100% on the set, but it seems to be right.

Motorhead. Is there anything else I need to say, really? They were loud, they were heavy, they were awesome, and they will forever be legends. Highlights of the night were Stay Clean, Rock Out, Killed By Death, and of course, Overkill. 9.5/10

1. Iron Fist
2. Stay Clean
3. Be My Baby
4. Rock Out
5. Metropolis
6. Over The Top
7. One Night Stand
8. I Got Mine
9. The Thousand Names of God
10. Another Perfect Day
11. In The Name of Tragedy
12. Jus Cos You Got The Power
13. Going To Brazil
14. Killed By Death
15. Bomber
-----------------
16. Whorehouse Blues
17. Ace of Spades
18. Overkill

They are Motorhead. And they play rock n' roll.
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 PM
(cool custom user title)

You pretty much know my opinon on the openers from facebook, but MOTORHEAD was fucking awesome and blew me away. Fun, fun, fun pits and they definetly made up for dem openers.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunicipalWasted View Post
You pretty much know my opinon on the openers from facebook, but MOTORHEAD was fucking awesome and blew me away. Fun, fun, fun pits and they definetly made up for dem openers.
GO TO BED!
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Wow yea loud is a def understatement. Just as loud as last year when I saw them!!!! I unfortunately didn't catch Nashville Pussy either and I'm disapointed I didn't b/c I was curious about them, oh well.

The Rev was absolutely phenomenal. I really didn't know what to think but by about 2 or 3rd song I was absolutely hooked. Really fun music, no way to really try to categorize what he was doing as it was all over the place but still amazing. Also loved it when Rev jumped up on bass and started playing. I love it, nobody really rocks out the upright bass anymore but Jimbo sure did amazing stuff. Def would like to see them again.

Wow... well Motorhead was Motorhead. Incredibly solid, you always know what to expect when you see them and they always seem to deliver. I found it to be pretty cool that KC was last show for Matt Sorum before Mikey Dee came back. I was worried b/c really playing VR or G'N'R songs are a whole different monster than Motorhead but he really pulled them off flawlessly. And he of course nailed "Overkill" at the end. The only thing I wish is maybe do "Runaround Man" or "Teach You How To Sing The Blues" from Motorizer & even though I saw some people were happy about "Dr. Rock" being finally taken out of the setlist I am not one of them but if those are my only complaints I will def take that.

Absolutely amazing show. Even better for only $17, that is including svc fees. Every now and then the KC Radio Station gets it right and sponsors a good show, while then sponsoring Tesla & Saving Abel & Halestorm and crap like that. An absolutely amazing building that was built in like the '20s looked way to nice for a metal show. And the perfect end to the night was my buddy getting the last Reverend Horton Heat flask from the merch table. They had to take it off of the display to give to him!!! Haha and for the drunk guy that fell down the stairs... hearing a couple of thuds and then hitting the floor.

Tags
motorhead, reverend horton heat