Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-24-2009, 03:47 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Put yourself in this situation:

A band is touring and never plays your favorite song by them. They decide to exclude that song in every setlist. Now, if they were doing the changing the setlist at every show and doing that song, wouldn't you be much happier?

It goes both ways really.
Yeah, this.

In addition, just don't ever put all of your Setlist eggs in one basket. It's a bad idea. You can't blame the band for not playing a certain song in a certain city. Just go to shows with open expectations. Frankly, barring a couple of bands known for NEVER changing setlists (Maiden, in particular), I go to any show with an open mind, because you never know. Sometimes extra songs get added, sometimes songs get switched, sometimes songs get cut due to time restrictions. You just never know. It's just best to not get hung up on it.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzbear2000 View Post
Put yourself in this situation:

A band is touring and decides to play your most favorite song by them. They decide to include that song in the setlist at every other show and you discover that your show does NOT include that song. Now, if they were doing the same setlist at every show and doing that song, wouldn't you be much happier?
No. I don't get my favourite song this time, I hope they play it next time. I don't got to see any band just for one song anyway. And if they sucked live then there won't be a next time and I won't care anyway.

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
Old 09-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Banned Asshole

Life isn't fair that way.

its a 50/50 turn because you might go to that show they play your favorite song, or the show they don't play it.

sucks, but its true
Old 09-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

When I went to Gigantour a couple years back, I knew that Dave doesn't really change and I pretty much knew what to expect. I certainly wasn't expecting fuckin Mechanix, which was an awesome surprise, even though it was only the first half of it.

And when I later saw motherfucking Liar brought back later in that tour, I was a tad bummed that he didn't play it at my show, but that's a lot better than him forgetting that song existed and not playing it at all.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 PM
MY LEG!!

All bands should play their entire discographies at every gig. Everyone is pleased.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLardsAlot View Post
All bands should play their entire discographies at every gig. Everyone is pleased.

I'm okay with a band not changing their setlist during a tour, but the songs better be damn good!
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 09-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I much prefer bands to keep a constant setlist throughout a tour. Of course there can be exceptions when it's a special occasion but every fan across the country or countries had to pay for their ticket and they deserve an equal show IMO. I don't think this is as relevant with a smaller band, but big bands should definitely abide by this as they have some very dedicated fans who have supported them for years and who deserve to hear rare song x played in Chicago just as much as the fans in Barcelona.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 09-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post
I much prefer bands to keep a constant setlist throughout a tour. Of course there can be exceptions when it's a special occasion but every fan across the country or countries had to pay for their ticket and they deserve an equal show IMO. I don't think this is as relevant with a smaller band, but big bands should definitely abide by this as they have some very dedicated fans who have supported them for years and who deserve to hear rare song x played in Chicago just as much as the fans in Barcelona.
Sounds boring to me. Live music should be dynamic, not choreographed. You wouldn't go to a sports event knowing the result, or a comedy show knowing which jokes they're going to tell.

You'll be wanting the dance moves just like in the video on MTV next.

11/7 Snakecharmer
20/7 Onslaught
30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival

Last edited by ravenheart; 09-25-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

I figure bands should switch it up - maybe not EVERY night, but often enough. Unless the tour has a special gimmick - a fan voted set, mainly rarely-played songs, or the like, I think bands should switch it up during a tour. I've never bought a ticket for a concert just to see one song. I love being surprised by song choices.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Catch The Rainbow

If a band is playing 2 or more nights in a city, then each night should be changed up a bit.