Megadeth -- Metaldays Festival, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL-- July 24th, 2014
Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014

Old 09-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Headbanger

Divine Heresy - Bringer of Plagues

With all the talk of Fear Factory reuniting I wanted to throw my review of the new Divine Heresy cd out there. It's definitely in my Top 15 for 2009 so far and could go higher with a few more listens.

The 1st song Facebreaker kills. It's a perfect mix of everything the band can be. New Singer Travis Neal (Threat Signal) delivers on this track and the drumming of Tim Yeung is incredible. Probably the best song on the cd.

A few songs in you realize this cd is all about insane drumming and blistering riffs from Dino Cazares. If you're a fan of drum and guitar mixes you'll love this cd. Some of the drums are so machine gun-like you almost think it's a drum machine. There are tons of fill patterns with crazy kick and tom beats that are tied to the guitar riffs. Wild stuff.

Unfortunately some of the songs tend to sound alike and new singer Travis Neal isn't quite the beast Tommy Vext is on Bleed The Fifth. The one slow song where Neal has a chance to shine, Darkness Embedded just didn't grab me but others might like it.

The standout tracks are Facebreaker, The Ballad of J Casey, Bringer of Plagues, Monilithic Doomsday Devices, Enemy = Kill and the epic last song The End Begins.

I'd give it a solid 8.5 out of 10 and possibly a 9 if it continues to grow on me. That being said... BRING BACK FEAR FACTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 09-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Bohab

such an amazing cd
Old 09-22-2009, 07:38 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Now I am totally not making this comment to be a smartass but when I heard "Facebreaker" the first time the clean vocals really reminded me of goddamn Chester from LP. At first it really made me hate the song and then in my mind it was kinda funny. Maybe others might hear that in the song, maybe I'm off in my own world. Anyway all stupidity aside, I think it is still a very good cd. IMO some of it really becomes repetitive towards the end of the cd, but still solid and a step up from BTF. I enjoy "Anarchaos" as well. Can't wait to see them w/ Moonspell.