Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

  #11  
Old 09-24-2009, 05:33 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,906
Honestly, asking an artist why he complains about hearing praise over biggest hit constantly is stupid, but when he constantly re-writes the thing, that's worth bringing up.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,760
Ask Lemmy if you can touch that mole on his face!
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-24-2009, 06:36 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
Ask Lemmy if you can touch that mole on his face!
gross dude!
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 PM
TonyD's Avatar
TonyD TonyD is offline
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 6,285
I don't know if anyone has asked yet, but how did you get this gig?
__________________
Shit
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-24-2009, 10:15 PM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I don't know if anyone has asked yet, but how did you get this gig?
By being the baddest Motha Fucka i have ever met!

when i grow up i wanna be just like Aniruddh
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
I don't know if anyone has asked yet, but how did you get this gig?
You mean the Motorhead one? I just contacted the band's publicist through e-mail, told them that I want to cover the show for the webzine, and that they can check out the webzine. They obviously liked what they saw, and gave me the green signal!

I do the same for all gigs. Very rarely have I got rejected. In fact the only one to be rejected was the photo pass for AC/DC, and that too because I requested it too late.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:29 AM
b_halperin b_halperin is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
You mean the Motorhead one? I just contacted the band's publicist through e-mail, told them that I want to cover the show for the webzine, and that they can check out the webzine. They obviously liked what they saw, and gave me the green signal!

I do the same for all gigs. Very rarely have I got rejected. In fact the only one to be rejected was the photo pass for AC/DC, and that too because I requested it too late.
That's so cool dude. So I assume you had to start small in order to get the bigger gigs? i.e. local bands? Because you can't just e-mail Motorhead without prior experience haha
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 AM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
That's so cool dude. So I assume you had to start small in order to get the bigger gigs? i.e. local bands? Because you can't just e-mail Motorhead without prior experience haha
In fact I didn't start small! The other members in the magazine had already done some great work with big bands so I got the gigs because of the magazine's reputation.


Got an email from Nuclear Blast records yesterday. They loved my writing style and because of that we've got an offer for to work permanently with Nuclear Blast, that is cover all their gigs and stuff!
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:56 AM
rjturtle9's Avatar
rjturtle9 rjturtle9 is offline
D.B.B.
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Got an email from Nuclear Blast records yesterday. They loved my writing style and because of that we've got an offer for to work permanently with Nuclear Blast, that is cover all their gigs and stuff!
dude do it!!! nuclear blast has some good talent!!!!
__________________
"Bleach is healthy. It's mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach." - Nathan Explosion
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-25-2009, 10:57 AM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
In fact I didn't start small! The other members in the magazine had already done some great work with big bands so I got the gigs because of the magazine's reputation.


Got an email from Nuclear Blast records yesterday. They loved my writing style and because of that we've got an offer for to work permanently with Nuclear Blast, that is cover all their gigs and stuff!
Dude, that's sick, seriously. I want to do something of the sort here upstate, I think it would be mad fun to write reviews and shit. God knows it's pretty unrealistic since your in California and I'm in upstate NY, but still! Keep it on man, hope this expands!
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008