Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Alice Cooper -- Mashantucket, CT -- September 26th, 2009

This is more gig report than set list.

The setlist was more or less as previously posted. While there were several numbers I was unfamiliar with, the advance set list as previously posted was a great help so I can become more familiar with said unfamiliar numbers.

Alice's band were obviously hired hands and quite tight. Amidst the musicians there was the female player, whom he introduced at the end, but i didn't catch the name, and other masked minions that moved stuff around on stage. Like the guillotine, the frame with the noose, the box of spikes. And for Vengeance is Mine, the prop was a flight of stairs, one not unlike that used to offload passengers from a plane.

Unfortunately, i missed the guillotine; I went for a beer. And i can only get them one at a time.

One thing I like about Alice's show is that there is no talking to the audience. No "how are you doing", no introducing the next song. At the end, he introduced the band, the girl, and himself.

It was a great night, partially because I wasn't alone (it was me and the wife) (almost like a date) (wow), as well as the top notch performance from Mr. Cooper and co.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfulsot View Post
Unfortunately, i missed the guillotine; I went for a beer. And i can only get them one at a time.

One thing I like about Alice's show is that there is no talking to the audience. No "how are you doing", no introducing the next song. At the end, he introduced the band, the girl, and himself.
It's a shame you missed the guillotine since that's one of the essentital things to the live show when seeing him. His show is so good you don't need any drinks to enhance the experince if you ask me. He's deffinately one of those artists who you shouldn't leave during the performance if you can avoid it because you'll deffinately miss something.

Both times i've seen him live he didn't do a lot of taking either. He's playing a character as "Alice" and talking to the audience doesn't really fit the whole image of the show. I personally love that about he just shuts up plays one song after another and lets the music and stage show do the talking.

In case anyone's wondering he's the basic set for this tour according to sickthingsuk.co.uk

Schools Out(part only)
Department Of Youth
I'm Eighteen
Wicked Young Man
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Go To Hell
Guilty
Welcome To My Nightmare
Cold Ethyl
Poison
The Awakening
From The Inside
Nurse Rozetta
Is It My Body
Be My Lover
Only Women Bleed/I Never Cry
The Black Widow(Instramental Only)
Vengeance Is Mine
Devil's Food
Billion Dollar Babies
Killer/I Love The Dead
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Under My Wheels
School's Out(Full Version)

The thing I always love about his sets is that he always does the big hits but also remembers to throw in stuff like Nurse Rozetta, Guilty and Wicked Young Man to make the hardcore fans happy as well.

Tags
alice cooper