Stone Temple Pilots -- Ledyard, CT -- October 31st, 2014
Amon Amarth -- St. Louis, MO -- October 29th, 2014
Marilyn Manson -- Santa Ana, CA -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- San Francisco, CA -- October 30th, 2014
Gojira -- Providence, RI -- October 30th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-13-2009, 02:03 PM
N00B

FYI - Ozzy was scheduled from 8 - 8:45 but played right up until the 9:00 curfew. When's the last time he played MORE than he was supposed to?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Concert Veteran

My concert experiences with Ozzy have never been altered at all. I don't go in the pits at all because I like to actually watch and enjoy the show and not be constantly watching my back to make sure that no accidently KOs me at all. I'll have a few drinks but not enough to make me forget the concert experience at all.

We could argue this forever but we've both made our points and we can now move onto other threads
Old 09-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Metal DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
It was as if God Himself had come on stage.
Well if God himself came on stage, I would of thrown something at him...hail Satan -I-
Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Damnit I didn't want to get involved in this but I couldn't help it. I wonder how much of this is Ozzy bashing or is it more Sharon bashing but we are using Ozzy to voice our opinions? Is it really that fair to compare him to Dickinson or Halford when he really never did anything w/ Sabbath or solo where he had to hit those Dickinson or Halford notes? Maybe if you are comparing their ages yes but their vocals styles are really not that similar especially if you consider the damage Ozzy has done to his body. Not that is any kind of excuse.

Speaking from personal experience everytime I have seen him 4 times and he was right on everytime. Wished he would change setlist up some... But really I don't see why others have to be so tough on Ozzy. He's still always seemed very humble even though others around him may not be. He's not all "look at me" and stuff like that.

Just my
Old 09-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

Good set. Ozzy is still good regardless of the recently stupid things he has done which is more of sharons fault than his. I saw ozzy a few years ago and his voice was fine.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Damnit I didn't want to get involved in this but I couldn't help it. I wonder how much of this is Ozzy bashing or is it more Sharon bashing but we are using Ozzy to voice our opinions? Is it really that fair to compare him to Dickinson or Halford when he really never did anything w/ Sabbath or solo where he had to hit those Dickinson or Halford notes? Maybe if you are comparing their ages yes but their vocals styles are really not that similar especially if you consider the damage Ozzy has done to his body. Not that is any kind of excuse.

Speaking from personal experience everytime I have seen him 4 times and he was right on everytime. Wished he would change setlist up some... But really I don't see why others have to be so tough on Ozzy. He's still always seemed very humble even though others around him may not be. He's not all "look at me" and stuff like that.

Just my
Best comment of the thread. Thank you very much \m/
Old 09-13-2009, 11:04 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

^ True but I think the main reason is because he's popular. Remember the point "you wouldn't be sick of H&H like you are of Paranoid/Iron Man/War Pigs because you never hear it on the radio"?
All of the sludgeheads and stoners would be ripping on Dio if he was more popular than Ozzy.

Also notice how much people rip on Gene Simmons, Mustaine and Wylde? Yeah they can be dicks, but there are plenty of bigger dicks out there. They get the flak because they're just the most popular dicks.

Why all the dicks today?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Headbanger

hahahaha. Funny thread. I've had the pleasure of seeing Ozzy in his 2nd wind "prime" and he was a General on the stage. He commanded respect and got it. Since then he's become more statuesque on stage but still delivers and always has talented band members. I seriously doubt he can match the intensity of Korn live so I had more of an issue with the quote below than anything I read on here. Chastizing someone for having an opinion which is probably right isn't cool but that's just me.

The real issue here is the setlist. If I saw Ozzy and he didn't play 1 song of my favorite album Diary of a Madman I'd be pissed. That album is a masterpiece and every song is better than the horrid I don't want to change the world so I can totally see how Korn would have been more enjoyable knowing they've been playing incredible setlists.

Hopefully Ozzy (er, Sharon) is setting up a Diary Tour where he plays the album in it's entirety. That would get me back to Ozzfest in a minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
goddammit

my friend was at this show and he said that korn was so much better than ozzy. so i virtually bitchslapped him. no longer a friend of mine.
12/10 - Chevelle
Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Trying to compare the live show would be like trying to compare the stage prescence of seeing Ozzy live and seeing Dillinger Escape Plan live. Really 2 different types of shows w/ 2 different types of crowds. The frenetic energy of DEP vs Ozzy who is in his 60's at this point. Probably could have found a different comparison for Ozzy than Korn.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 AM
N00B

Indifferent

Korn was good when they weren't trying to sound like bands that were trying to sound like them. Saw them on the Reckoning Day tour (1995) w/Megadeth, Fear Factory, Flotsam & Jetsam when they were touring off their debut album. Amazing show. They had a new, original sound. Then MTV grabbed and ruined them forever. As far as Ozzy is concerned, I have one suggestion. DROP THE FRIGGIN KEYS OF THE SONGS! YOU CAN'T SING THAT HIGH ANYMORE! A LOT OF BANDS DO IT! THE SONGS WILL SOUND BETTER! YOU'LL SAVE YOUR VOICE! I love you man, but time (and drugs and alcohol) catches up with you.

Tags
ozzy osbourne