System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-13-2009, 11:16 AM
welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratt View Post
Well Ozzy is not even able to do a decent show ... he can't sing, he has no stage presence and look like a fucking emo. The only thing he can do is swearing in TV ads.
Now I don't think I would go that far.

And for the guy that pointed out that Korn isn't metal, big whoop. Ozzy being metal doesn't make him a better performer/musician.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Well Ozzy is not even able to do a decent show ... he can't sing, he has no stage presence and look like a fucking emo. The only thing he can do is swearing in TV ads.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Headbanger

Quote:

WOW.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:59 AM
None ov thy empty Gods shall ever stand above me

Ok maybe it was a little harsh. But seriously, Ozzy just sucks those days. The only reason why people respect him is because he's legendary. And I'm tired of the legendary bullshit. Iron Maiden are legendary and they can still make awesome show, not Ozzy.

I don't care if Ozzy was awesome, he is no more.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:59 AM
D.B.B.

I wouldn't doubt that Korn was better. Although i'm sad i missed this show. should have ended up going
Old 09-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
This has to be the most ignorant post i've ever read on here. I've seen Ozzy live 6 times betwen '92 and 2005 supposedly during the time everyone says he's lost it and can't sing and all this other Bullshit. Ozzy has sang awesome every time i've seen him. Sure he can't get the high notes anymore but that certainly doesn't mean that he can't sing. He does excellent with the songs he plays live and NO HE DOES NOT LIP SYNCH LIVE. I've been to enough live shows that i'm able to tell when a singer is acutally singing or if there's some help coming form somewhere else and i've never experienced that with Ozzy.

As for him not having any stage presence he has more of that than just about any frontman i've ever seen live. He may not move around like he used to but he's always getting the crowd going and getting them to sing along. He wouldn't be able to do stuff like this without being able to comand the stage. Tony Iommi doesn't move around or do much live but the man still has a huge stage presence it's not all about being able to move around the stage the whole time when it comes to that.

As for the whole looking like an emo line i'm assuming you're reffering to his black eye makeup. Something that Ozzy has been wareing on and off since the mid 80's before most of these emo pussies were born. If anything those emo bitches got the eye makeup idea from Ozzy. Sure were all pissed at Sharon and Ozzy for their law suits and how Ozzy is portrayed as such an idiot in his reality show and TV commercials but that doesn't take away from what the man has accomplished and done for the metal world and doesn't diminish his abilities as a great live performer.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
that doesn't take away from what the man has accomplished and done for the metal world and doesn't diminish his abilities as a great live performer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dR5E-1cnk

Quote:
Sure he can't get the high notes anymore but that certainly doesn't mean that he can't sing.
Bruce Dickinson, Rob halford and Eric Adams are old as fuck and they can still hit the high notes and scream their guts out, age isn't an excuse.

Quote:
Something that Ozzy has been wareing on and off since the mid 80's before most of these emo pussies were born.
That's what kills me. The only thing you can come up to defend Ozzy it that "he done that since the 80' !" So what ? This guy is only living on his past glory ! We metalheads talk shit about emos because they were makeup and black nails, but Ozzy does the same ! But since he's THE Ozzy Osbourne, no one will complain.

Think about it, if the 2009 Ozzy went to an alternate, Ozzy-free dimension and tried to get a new band, he would fail miserably. But he still get success now because hell, it's Ozzy.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:18 PM
N00B

It was a really good Ozzy set. He was in good spirits. Tracks 1 - 6 were like a main set with the rest whatever he could squeeze in before curfew. I Don't Wanna Stop seemed like a real encore (Not the pre-planned fake encore). Ozzy was having a great time and seemed like he didn't want to leave.

Not into Korn at all but I grabbed a spot in front of the board - the front of the stage was split by a security buffer and I was in the corner. I had fun watching security pull people out. Sometimes the fan's leg would be caught in something in the crowd and when it broke free they would both tumble.

I enjoyed the Donnas, Fishbone and Kottonmouth Kings too.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04dR5E-1cnk

Bruce Dickinson, Rob halford and Eric Adams are old as fuck and they can still hit the high notes and scream their guts out, age isn't an excuse.

That's what kills me. The only thing you can come up to defend Ozzy it that "he done that since the 80' !" So what ? This guy is only living on his past glory ! We metalheads talk shit about emos because they were makeup and black nails, but Ozzy does the same ! But since he's THE Ozzy Osbourne, no one will complain.

Think about it, if the 2009 Ozzy went to an alternate, Ozzy-free dimension and tried to get a new band, he would fail miserably. But he still get success now because hell, it's Ozzy.
That wasn't a great performance i'll admit but besides his voice cracking at the end it wasn't all bad. I'm just going by my experiences seeing Ozzy live and he did well each time. Have you seen Ozzy live so you can back up your claim that he sucks live? As much as I love Dickinson and Harlford they don't hit the high notes like they used to either. Dickinson is the one who has kept his voice in the best shape of the three but listen to Aces High and then listen to the live version off Flight 666. While he can still hit the notes well he doesn't even hit them like he used to. Have you heard a recent live version of Exciter? Halford sings it in his normal voice he certainly can't get the notes like he used to. Unfortunately age does play a factor after years of ware and tare physically and vocally.

Ozzy does live off past glory to a certian extent but so do many other bands. The thing that makes Ozzy different from the rest of those bands is when he releases something new it still goes gold or platinum even if it sucks ass like his last one did. He isn't completely living in the past if his new material still sells very well if you ask me. I'm not saying that everything he does is OK because it's Ozzy because it's not but you can't say that he's diminishing vocally without mentioning some of his peers who are as well. As for the whole make up thing it never really bothered me that Ozzy does that at all. It never has and it never will and that's not why I don't like emo it has nothing to do with the make up at all.

As for the alternate demension line it doesn't really make much sense but I give you props for imagination at least.

Last edited by Sanitarium78; 09-13-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:45 PM

Agreed, picking Youtube videos is not a decent proof, but neither is a live experience. During a show (especially if you're on the pit) your perspective is greatly altered, so the best way to really judge a singer is to watch live videos.

Dickinson and Halford may have lost a little voice but it is nothing compared to Ozzy.

Releasing crappy albums (even if they sell) and playing in TV ads is not my perception of "not living off past glory"

now enough bullshit, I don't like Ozzy, you like Ozzy, we're both right.

Tags
ozzy osbourne