Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Skid Row -- Toronto, ON -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 09-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Just typing this here because I don't like noob under my name....

Dressed To Kill -- Pekin, IL -- September 12th, 2009

Last Night I got the chance to see what KISS was like in the early 1970's. I saw Pekin Illinois' own Dressed To Kill Show!

The Starchild has a great voice and has Paul's moves down and does a damn fine job if you ask me playing the part of the hardest member to portray on stage. The Catman kicked major ass and reminded me of those famous shows from the 70's and he played all night with power and accuracy and it was a real treat to hear a great performance of Beth. The Spaceace played a note for note perfect Ace Frehley complete with smoking guitars and two of my favorite Ace songs sung perfectlly. The Demon was really cool for me, not being able to see the band in the 70's I've always felt I missed the originals in their glory. But The Demon was so good it was scary, he had the evil face expressions, the killer bass playing, and of course that classic bass solo complete with blood and all and it truly reminded me of 74-76 Gene.

Other highlights of the show, the Deuce/Strutter opening is always very cool. The Starchild's rants (especially the one with the female in the audiance who "needed to lose that guy you're with." lol. And not ending with Rock And Roll All Nite (lol). I hate when KISS does it and I was glad the show wasn't closed after the final notes of the rock and roll national anthem. Black Diamond was very cool and a very special moment because it was dedicated to the Demon's cousin who sadly had passed away last week.

Thinking the night had ended after a great performance of Black Diamond I was sad that it was coming to an end...but wait what's this? It's Makin Love!! Following the Klassic from Rock And Roll Over was an amazing performance of New York Groove to end the night. Afterwards the band took time to give all the younging's (and me lol) out there a autograph.

setlist from last night:

Deuce
Strutter
Parasite
Shock Me
Lick It Up
She
Spaceman Guitar Solo
Love Gun
Calling Dr. Love
Detroit Rock City
Beth
Cold Gin
Hotter Than Hell
Firehouse
Shout It Out Loud
Demon Bass Solo
God Of Thunder
Catman Drum Solo
Rock And Roll All Nite
Black Diamond
Makin Love
New York Groove

www.dtksonline.com

Last edited by jerry1013; 09-13-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Tags
dressed to kill