Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 09-12-2009, 03:51 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

ProgPower USA XI

LINEUP ANNOUNCED! The #5 slots on both of the main days are particularly important, seeing as how Saturday's alone assures that I'll be there, and I think Friday's might solidify Maiden33's attendance. Pretty awesome lineup all-around, though.

Wednesday (9/08)
Seven Kingdoms
Vangough
Ross the Boss

Thursday (9/09)
Six Minute Century
Borealis
Leprous
Accept

Friday (9/10)
Illusion Suite
Leaves' Eyes
Seventh Wonder
Tyr
Turisas
Nocturnal Rites
Kamelot

Saturday (9/11)
Paradox
Stormwarrior
Oceans of Sadness
DGM
Delain
Tarot
Hammerfall

Last edited by JuuKun; 05-12-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:58 AM
In Search of Truth

I'm honestly really disappointed by this. Nocturnal Rites and Seventh Wonder were the two bands I most wanted to see, so I will definitely be trying to attend, but aside from that there's not much about this I like. I've seen Kamelot and Hammerfall and both weren't that great live. I honestly expected a lot more out of headliners. Aside from that I just am not a very big fan of a lot of these bands. I'm really hoping they have some quality bands on Wednesday/Thursday, otherwise it's going to be hard for me to justify going.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Oh. I so called that wrong. For some reason thought NR would have been a huge deal for you (like Tarot was for me).

I've wanted to see Kamelot for awhile, I have the One Cold Winter's Night DVD and it's phenomenal, so I'm hoping it's the same at ProgPower. I'm pleased with the lineup overall, haven't seen any of those bands except Tyr (who were a pleasant surprise on the lineup, like them quite a bit). I don't think there's a band on there that I don't like - could it have been better? Yeah, but Tarot's such a big deal for me that what could have been doesn't mean anything to me.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Exactly when is this? I tried looking at the official site and it said it was yesterday and today, which doesn't make much sense at all.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:12 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Exactly when is this? I tried looking at the official site and it said it was yesterday and today, which doesn't make much sense at all.
It'll be approximately mid-September of next year.

@JuuKun:
Yeah, don't get me wrong, Nocturnal Rites ARE a huge deal for me. The fact that I would even consider an almost $1,000-trip just for them is insane. I'm just pretty disappointed with the line up as a whole.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
It'll be approximately mid-September of next year.
Blah, fuck it. Too far away, and I'll definitely be in school then if it's mid September. Oh well.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:24 AM
In Search of Truth

It'll be September 8th-11th, 2010. The two nights announced here are the 10th and 11th. I guess it'll make a good amount of sense for this to be my year considering I'd be leaving on my birthday or the day after.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Dharma Wants You

I'm there
Old 09-12-2009, 07:57 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
I'm there
If we decide now that we're both gonna do this, it makes sense to book a room together, especially if you're coming alone. We'll have to talk about it.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Yeah, the site's still focusing on this year's installment, which is going on right now. The lineup was announced via video after Crimson Glory's set last night.

@Maiden33 - Yeah, I get what you're saying. Of the 12 bands, I know and like 8, and haven't heard the other 4 yet, so pretty nice lineup as far as my tastes are concerned. Plus, y'know, still reeling from the fact that Tarot is playing.

And, looking at it on paper, the lineup's pretty good (IMO, anyway) - but that's never where it ends. Still two more days to be announced. Plus other rabbits Glenn decides to pull out of the hat - special sets, guest appearances, etc etc. What may not seem like the most travel-worthy lineup yet to some might change with more announcements to be made.

The Artmore hotel (formerly the Granada Suites), which is the closest hotel to the venue, is apparently being blocked exclusively for PPUSA next year. During the festival, it's apparently going to be just attendees, crew, and some of the bands (who are going to be split across three hotels). All floors, all rooms - just ProgPower.