After The Burial -- Flint, MI -- September 20th, 2014
Periphery -- Lansing, MI -- September 19th, 2014
Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014

Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Will it ever be politically or socially correct for me not to care anymore? People I don't know don't get 8 year grieving periods.
You cant understand how the greving period will last forever. All of the people who dided that day all of there families will for ever griev. I mean I dont give a fuck what happens to someone if it doesnt happen to me or my family or someone my family member likes. I wasnt in NYC that day but I even care about what happend.

Last edited by UnleashTheWolves; 09-11-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:52 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild_84 View Post
Unfortunately no. I lived a mile away from the WTC. My uncle worked in the second tower. He saw shit that no one should ever see and he's been able to move on with his life. I've moved on as well. It was all a really fucked up situation but I think it's a lot healthier to move on and try to improve your life as it is rather than dwell on the past and let it mess you up even more.
Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I don't think we're dwelling. Once a year, the horrible, unshakable feeling comes back and I remember those who lost their lives and move on until the same time the next year. There's nothing wrong with offering a brief "in memoriam" once a year.
I personally think people should be remembered by their lives, rather than by their deaths. The day a person dies is of minimal importance, I think.

Today is also the 1-year anniversary of my grandfather's death, but I see no reason to feel a resurgence of sadness, or whatever it is the hell everyone says they have. If I can make it through the day without feeling the need to mope about this or make a tribute or whatever the hell it is, I don't see why other people have to get so worked up about people they don't know who died 8 years ago. It's politically correct nonsense. Or should we mourn every day, because it's going to be the anniversary of a lot of deaths?

I'm sure there still are people who had their lives ruined on this day, and still need to mourn today for their personal reasons. However, I think it is inappropriate, and borderline insulting, that the entire fucking country feels the need to join them in faux-sulking.

That said,
Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Well said.

I personally think people should be remembered by their lives, rather than by their deaths. The day a person dies is of minimal importance, I think.

Today is also the 1-year anniversary of my grandfather's death, but I see no reason to feel a resurgence of sadness, or whatever it is the hell everyone says they have. If I can make it through the day without feeling the need to mope about this or make a tribute or whatever the hell it is, I don't see why other people have to get so worked up about people they don't know who died 8 years ago. It's politically correct nonsense. Or should we mourn every day, because it's going to be the anniversary of a lot of deaths?

I'm sure there still are people who had their lives ruined on this day, and still need to mourn today for their personal reasons. However, I think it is inappropriate, and borderline insulting, that the entire fucking country feels the need to join them in faux-sulking.

That said,
I ultimately agree. I just think that days of national tragedy are different than days of personal tragedy and 9/11 kind of affected everyone, New Yorkers or not.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Well said.

That said,
There are people that like this country and thats why they mourn for what happend on 911. Weather the government or terrorist did it.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashTheWolves View Post
Weather the government or terrorist did it.
First of all, it's "whether". Second of all, fuck you, Alex Jones.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Hey there nothing wrong with Alex Jones. They do there research.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:

you just realize you're provoking a big shitstorm by doing this right? im surprised actually, i thought cameron would've been the one to do that.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
you just realize you're provoking a big shitstorm by doing this right? im surprised actually, i thought cameron would've been the one to do that.
I think the post I quoted and the post he made quoting me were both more shit-stirring than mine. I'm not here to fight, but it's disrespectful to march into a memorial thread with conspiracy theory bullshit.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Quote:
Will it ever be politically or socially correct for me not to care anymore? People I don't know don't get 8 year grieving periods.
this is pretty much how i felt. i barely even thought about this today. i remember even looking at the date on my phone several times and not thinking anything of it. i mean it was a horrific event, and i hope nothing like that ever happens again, but i see no reason to sit around and cry over it.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I think the post I quoted and the post he made quoting me were both more shit-stirring than mine. I'm not here to fight, but it's disrespectful to march into a memorial thread with conspiracy theory bullshit.

But it could be fact no conspiracy. Im not saying its true but its possible just open your mind and look at every thing. I dont think its disrespectful when it could be true. Some of the families that lost loved ones on 911 belive what Alex Jones says.