Queen -- Columbia, MD -- July 20th, 2014
Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-05-2009, 01:24 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

The problem is that you paid 50 bucks to get in early. That's more sad than getting sardined on the rail, bouncers being pricks or emos listening to As I Lay Dying.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:23 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I was there. After Waste, I sat down. It's not Kansas fans in general, it's stupic redneck faggots who actually like Lamb of God and AILD that fuck stuff up with their bullshit attitudes. They aren't there for the muaic, they're there because WOO AW YEAH I'M OFF WERK EARLY AND I HERD ABOUR THIS SHOW FROM JOHNNY DARE AND WE'RE GONNA PREGAME IN THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE FUCK YEAH, BEER METAL AND PUSSY IS ALL I NEED GIT R DUN. Any Lamb of God/metalcore show is going to have an awful crowd of emos and douchebags.
It wasnt like that when i saw log in 07

I saw them in 07 and it was nothing like you described it was amazing.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I was there. After Waste, I sat down. It's not Kansas fans in general, it's stupic redneck faggots who actually like Lamb of God and AILD that fuck stuff up with their bullshit attitudes. They aren't there for the muaic, they're there because WOO AW YEAH I'M OFF WERK EARLY AND I HERD ABOUR THIS SHOW FROM JOHNNY DARE AND WE'RE GONNA PREGAME IN THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE FUCK YEAH, BEER METAL AND PUSSY IS ALL I NEED GIT R DUN. Any Lamb of God/metalcore show is going to have an awful crowd of emos and douchebags.
Thank you for defining Lamb of God.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

The hate on this site towards LOG is totally ridiculous. The fact that practically everyone here generalizes them to be some "core" band that has to be macho tough guy bullshit. It's absurd. Go look at Hatebreed, Pro-Pain, Winds of Plaugue. Seriously, Lamb of God aren't anywhere like that, and just like at any other metal show, there will be retarted fans/crowds like those you mentioned. I've seen them from shows to LOG to Megadeth to Arch Enemy to Mastodon to Sabbath, etc. So seriously, relax already.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:47 AM

I don't think Lamb of God are -core. I just think they're awful. They tend to attract fans who want to get drunk, take their shirts off, go to monster truck rallies, grow unironic handlebar staches, and fight each other over white trash women.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:53 AM

You can think whatever you want of their music, that's not my place to dwell in or criticize. But to think that they're awful just because of the fans they attract? And besides the fact that they don't really attract too many fans of that caliber as much as Mastodon, Down, or Whitesnake? Not for nothing, but that sounds a bit ignorant.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
You can think whatever you want of their music, that's not my place to dwell in or criticize. But to think that they're awful just because of the fans they attract? And besides the fact that they don't really attract too many fans of that caliber as much as Mastodon, Down, or Whitesnake? Not for nothing, but that sounds a bit ignorant.
Alright, I hate their music a lot but I hate their fans just as much. In two totally different realms, I hate Lamb of God. I'm not sure Mastodon attract that kind of fan in any substantial amount, Down certainly do but at least they have good riffs, and Whitesnake...I think 40somethings reliving their youth is a different category of person. These LoG fan that are so horrible are probably all in their late twenties.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I don't think Lamb of God are -core. I just think they're awful. They tend to attract fans who want to get drunk, take their shirts off, go to monster truck rallies, grow unironic handlebar staches, and fight each other over white trash women.
Get drunk and take their shirts off yes, I don't know where you got the rest of that.
Essentially, they have this generation of Pantera fans.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Alright, I hate their music a lot but I hate their fans just as much. In two totally different realms, I hate Lamb of God. I'm not sure Mastodon attract that kind of fan in any substantial amount, Down certainly do but at least they have good riffs, and Whitesnake...I think 40somethings reliving their youth is a different category of person. These LoG fan that are so horrible are probably all in their late twenties.
Well, to say that Down have good riffs and LOG don't is beyond me, but to each his own. And I don't know about crowds in your area, but the Tri-State certainly attracted some people in that category for Mastodon. Full of scumbag type people who just got drunk and thrown out of the venue.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Well, to say that Down have good riffs and LOG don't is beyond me, but to each his own. And I don't know about crowds in your area, but the Tri-State certainly attracted some people in that category for Mastodon. Full of scumbag type people who just got drunk and thrown out of the venue.
That's too bad. The only drunk scumbag at the Mastodon shows I've been to has been Brent Hinds.