Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Visualize perfection

Are all metal crowds in Kansas full of stupid assholes?

I went and saw God Forbid, Municipal Waste, Children Of Bodom, As I Lay Dying and Lamb Of God in Kansas City in April and it was probably the worst concert experience I've ever had. I spent $50 extra dollars just to get into the venue earlier than the General Admission people. I saw John Campbell at the merch tables before the show and it excited the hell out of me. I got to the front, right at the rail at the right/middle of the stage. Caught a drum stick from Corey Pierce of God Forbid and also a setlist. Kinda just sat there for Municipal Waste, didn't like them that much, they were hilarious though. Even though Alexi Laiho had a broken shoulder, he and the rest of Children Of Bodom played great. But, as soon as Children Of Bodom's set ended, the emo kids who only came to see As I Lay Dying rushed the stage. I'm used to being smashed against rails, but this was just fucking ridiculous. I was stuck in a position where I couldn't move at all. The guy behind me and I shoved back as hard as we could, but we didn't get much done. As I Lay Dying comes on and I try to sing along and headbang during the first few songs but it's very hard and painful. The chick next to me passes the fuck out and security has an extremely hard time picking her up over the rail because people are shoving so fucking hard. The chick's boyfriend takes her place, and doesn't seem to worry about her at all. The chick wakes up and security carries her out. I elbow a little skinny emo kid in the face who is trying to squeeze his way between me and the guy next to me. He goes back to where he was. I try to put my hand down to my side and I can't because my torso is so smashed between people and the rail, so I tell one of the big buff black security guards to get me the fuck out of here, and it takes him and 3 other big buff black security guards a while to get me out of the crowd. I flip all the assholes who were shoving off and go to the back where I find my friend and we talk about how we will never come to Kansas for a concert again because the crowd sucks dick. If you want to be up front that damn bad...get to the fucking show sooner. Lamb Of God playing an amazingly bad ass set, which pissed me off because I was in the fucking back of the venue. I did get Bryon Davis's autograph after the show though. He's kind of a douche. No show I've been to in Oklahoma was that fucking retarded, ever. The Cannibal Corpse show I went to had a pretty stupid crowd, full of little fags wearing corpse paint, and not knowing any lyric to any Cannibal Corpse song. I got my knees bruised on the stage, but that was no where near as bad as the Lamb Of God show. So...do all Kansas crowds suck?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Man_kill?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
not knowing any lyric to any Cannibal Corpse song.
I found this incredibly amusing for some reason.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
D.B.B.

u had a bad concert experience because you were squished on the rail???

seems as though you don't go to many shows. or at least the ones i go to
Old 09-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Visualize perfection

Not that I was smashed at the rail, that everyone on the rail could NOT move nor breathe. I've been to tons of shows and been on the rail for almost all of them.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fires Of Sedition View Post
I went and saw God Forbid, Municipal Waste, Children Of Bodom, As I Lay Dying and Lamb Of God
There's your problem. Some bands, especially people that go metalcore shows and Lamb of God shows, bring out kids that buy into the bullshit macho posturing of metal shows and just freak out. You had a bad concert experience, but I felt the same at the Flogging Molly and Converge shows I've been to. Nothing to do with the place or the band, its just douche metalheads.

No that big of a deal.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Visualize perfection

What pisses me off the most about it is how far I had to drive there and back just to have a shitty experience. Plus, Alexi's broken shoulder, which made him mess up on a few solos. I'd like to see COB when no one has broken bones.

I may go to another Kansas show, but never an As I Lay Dying show again.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:12 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

where the fuck is mankvill
Old 09-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I was there. After Waste, I sat down. It's not Kansas fans in general, it's stupic redneck faggots who actually like Lamb of God and AILD that fuck stuff up with their bullshit attitudes. They aren't there for the muaic, they're there because WOO AW YEAH I'M OFF WERK EARLY AND I HERD ABOUR THIS SHOW FROM JOHNNY DARE AND WE'RE GONNA PREGAME IN THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE FUCK YEAH, BEER METAL AND PUSSY IS ALL I NEED GIT R DUN. Any Lamb of God/metalcore show is going to have an awful crowd of emos and douchebags.
12/16 - Pallbearer
12/18 - Orange Goblin OR Wolvhammer
Old 09-04-2009, 11:52 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
WOO AW YEAH I'M OFF WERK EARLY AND I HERD ABOUR THIS SHOW FROM JOHNNY DARE AND WE'RE GONNA PREGAME IN THE PARKING LOT BECAUSE FUCK YEAH, BEER METAL AND PUSSY IS ALL I NEED GIT R DUN.
nothing wrong with a lil beer, metal, and pussy

but yeah as too the guy that started this, i see where your coming from. I've been to shows that were just horribly uncomfortable but that's something that comes with going to shows. If i don't like it, i would do the same thing you did and go to the back, or try to find a better spot.