Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

  #31  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,668
I hafta say, I love Endgame, and United Abominations for that matter. I think Endgame is an awesome return to Megadeths golden era, while still retaining the lessons they;ve learnt along the way throught the nineties etc. I also think United Abominations is great too, a real return to form for Dave, and a good signalling for the awesome things to come from Endgame. Just my two cents on the issue

Oh, and personally, I think So far, so good.... so what? sucks.. So shoot me.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:35 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
I hafta say, I love Endgame, and United Abominations for that matter. I think Endgame is an awesome return to Megadeths golden era, while still retaining the lessons they;ve learnt along the way throught the nineties etc. I also think United Abominations is great too, a real return to form for Dave, and a good signalling for the awesome things to come from Endgame. Just my two cents on the issue

Oh, and personally, I think So far, so good.... so what? sucks.. So shoot me.
I don't think Megadeth have a "great" album, a perfect 10 so to speak. What they do have is a very long career with a ton of mostly good albums. And Endgame is another one. That said, I think the closest thing to a perfect album they've done is So Far, So Good...So What!
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:41 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I don't think Megadeth have a "great" album, a perfect 10 so to speak.
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:51 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
My thoughts exactly.

I would also rank the first 4-5 albums very highly and say they're all at least 8.5/10's.
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Tracks four through six are all very average.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Tracks four through six are all very average.
nope.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Tracks four through six are all very average.
No.

edit: haha, great minds think alike
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
No.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:57 PM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

I would also rank the first 4-5 albums very highly and say they're all at least 8.5/10's.
I definitely agree with you there. Hell, I'd put the first 6 albums up there at 8.5's minimum. Love em' all

And four through six? Five Magics, Poison Was The Cure, and Lucretia are fucking awesome, re-listen to them, please. Lucretia has one of Marty's finest solo's, and Five Magics progresses so well into this brutal thrash track, and Poison Was The Cure is just definitive thrash. Fastest song they've ever written
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-17-2009, 07:59 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
I definitely agree with you there. Hell, I'd put the first 6 albums up there at 8.5's minimum. Love em' all

And four through six? Five Magics, Poison Was The Cure, and Lucretia are fucking awesome, re-listen to them, please. Lucretia has one of Marty's finest solo's, and Five Magics progresses so well into this brutal thrash track, and Poison Was The Cure is just definitive thrash. Fastest song they've ever written
I don't have anything against those songs per se, they just kind of fade into my subconscious whereas Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Take No Prisoners, Tornado of Souls and the title track are way more infectious in my opinion. And Dawn Patrol, well, I just think that's fun.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:10 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008