The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014
Boris -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- August 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
N00B

Night of the Living Shred Tour -- Indianapolis, IN -- October 3rd, 2009

last night I went to the emerson theater in Indianapolis for the Night of the Living Shred Tour.
First off, the emerson is an all ages venue but is host to mainly local bands. Occasionally, it will get bigger bands (devildriver,cold,suffocation,etc.) The problem I have with this venue is all the little scene kids who come to these shows. They don't know how to "behave" in a concert. Sure, you can't complain about being shoved during a metal show, but the people that stand off to the edge away from the pits are there for a reason. These kids are shoving girls and younger kids who are just trying to enjoy the show. Another good example is me getting gum thrown in my hair during the wall of death sometime but no one would fess up to it...probably because they were 16.
Anyways, back to the show. Suffokate was the first band to play (aside from local acts) and they were ok. They only songs I know they played were Slaughter Your Enemies and The Skies Were Filled with Fire.
Next was Caliban, again, not too familiar with them. I think the first have of the set they played old stuff and the second half they played new songs.
After the Burial played next and I had never listened to them much before last night and they were a great live band. A lot of what they played reminded me a bit of meshuggah. It was a lot of weird timing and they played 8 strings. So more like Meshuggah with break downs. This is where the crowd started getting annoying. During there set, someone throwing down decided to run into eveyone outside the pits and snatch my girlfriends glasses. He realized what he had done and apologized to me, not her...fucking kids. Next, someone decided to get onstage and knocked over the guitarists mic and pushed him for some reason. The guitarist stopped playing and went after him and the guy, like a pussy, jumped and ran off.
All Shall Perish was next, and they are the only reason I went to this show. Their lead guitarist, looks like he is like 17 and can fucking shred. He is a badass. During the first song, people were on stage and something happened and he got a gash in his face. A pretty good size one. The band paused for five to ten minutes and he decided he would finish the show from behind the amps and what not. He is the one who does all of the solos and sweeps in the band and even with his injury, he pulled it off fucking perfect. MUCH RESPECT to this guy.
After ASP's set, we decided to leave, annoyed with the kids hurting the bands and just ruining the show for everyone else. That, and the fact that Born of Osiris isn't my cup of tea...sorry for the long review, but anyone thinking about attending this show....don't. Unless you have money and time to spare you aren't missing much except for All Shall Perish. They should be touring with bigger bands because they are too good for a shitty tour line up like that...
All Shall Perish set-(cant remember exact orderexcept for first an last song, also may be missing a song)
Eradication
Better Living Through Catastrophe
Deconstruction
Black Gold Reign
When Life Meant More
Wage Slaves
Old 10-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Regretting my username

Emerson is a terrible place, and those are terrible bands, hence the terrible people in the audience.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

i dont care what anyone thinks All Shall Perish is really good. Suffokate is the only terrible band on the bill IMO. After The Burial and Caliban are meh but not that bad.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
We're dying on the inside

Miss May I and Attack Attack is the next version of the Night of the Living Shred tour.

And I don't hate the Emerson. They had sound issues (and shitty promotion issues) the first time I went but the second time was much improved.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
N00B

Night of the living shred? None of these bands shred....horrible name.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Do I really need to say it?

Cool story bro!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvenking View Post
i think After The Burial can shred. listen to the album Rareform. pretty good guitar work all over the place there. same with All Shall Perish on their new album.

Suffokate on the other hand is complete shit. Born Of Osiris isn't that bad from the 2x i've seen them. never really listened to Caliban.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvenking View Post
Joe Satriani didn't make an appearance ???
Old 10-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Headbanger

I like Caliban. The fact that they have 8 cd's and have opened for Slayer, Morbid Angel, Machine Head and even Pantera back in the day should give them more cred than that. They should at least been co-headliner at that show. Crazy
Old 10-05-2009, 03:30 PM
N00B

You cant deny that All Shall Perish shreds. Mainly in their new album but eradication has plenty of shredding in it as well as No Business Left on a Dead Planet. And I think that will be the last time I go to the emerson for a while unless a badass band is coming through..but most likely not.

Tags
all shall perish