Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 08-31-2009, 08:02 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Post Fall Semester 2009 Thread

Where are you going to school,what classes are you taking, etc. General school discussion thread, since it seems to be a popular topic to begin with.

As for me, I'm a Psychology major, Computer Science minor (I may end up double-majoring since I'm already on the path to not quite graduating on time, may as well make it worthwhile ) at Stony Brook University in the middle of nowhere. I'm lucky enough for my preferred subjects to also be two of the only programs in my school that are actually known for being good.

Classes I'm taking this year:

CHE 131 - General Chemistry IB
CSE 219 - Computer Science III
PSY 230 - Survey in Abnormal & Clinical Psychology
PSY 310 - Research and Writing in Psychology

I'm also on the waiting list for BIO 201, cause I need that shit. Fuck yeah, sciences.

My classes are early as heck this semester, which kind of sucks. I do get a nice long lunch break from 1140-215 on Mondays though, which I guess is pretty pleasant. However, this is just not very conducive at all to my general night-owl habits.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 AM
We're dying on the inside

I'm a Journalism major with an outside area in Economics (the College of Arts & Sciences won't let J-school students call it a second major, but that's what it is) at Indiana University in Bloomington. Mostly just knocking out required shit this semester, after this semester I just need one arts and humanities credit and the rest of my career here will be stuff specifically for journalism and economics, might even be able to graduate early. Here's my classes:

BIOL-L111: Evolution & Diversity
HISP-S250: Second-Year Spanish II
HON-H211: Ideas and Experience I
JOUR-J261: Studies in Journalism
MATH-M118: Finite Mathematics

Yeah, gonna be a rough semester except for journalism and the honors class (which is essentially just a classics class in translation; we're doing Prometheus Bound, the Aeneid, Plato's Symposium, Ovid's Metamorphoses, Dante's Inferno, and parts of the Bible), but whatever.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:09 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I only got into two classes this semester because I owed money from the spring and wasnt able to pay it back until early august, when mostly everything i needed was full. im gonna show up to the classes i need to take anyway and beg the professors to let me in. between transferring, switching majors, and bullshit like this i dont think ill ever graduate.

on the upside, my friends and i got a house like 3 blocks from campus. we each have a bedroom, then theres a kitchen, living room, and two full baths. my rent is only $375 a month, all utilities included. cooked a big steak dinner last night with sautéed onions, salad and a lot of wine. fuck dorms, this is how you do college
Old 08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
on the upside, my friends and i got a house like 3 blocks from campus. we each have a bedroom, then theres a kitchen, living room, and two full baths. my rent is only $375 a month, all utilities included. cooked a big steak dinner last night with sautéed onions, salad and a lot of wine. fuck dorms, this is how you do college
fuuuuuu
Old 08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
on the upside, my friends and i got a house like 3 blocks from campus. we each have a bedroom, then theres a kitchen, living room, and two full baths. my rent is only $375 a month, all utilities included.
You lucky bastard!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 AM
MY LEG!!

I'm in my last year at Ramapo College of New Jersey. Communications major with a concentration in Media and Cinema Studies. My courses this semester are:

COMM410 - Global Media, Local Change
COMM317 - Media and Persuasion
COMM318 - The Campaign in Media and Film
COMM347 - The New TV Criticism

And my dorm, like last year, pwnz. 4 bedrooms, a full bathroom, kitchen, and living room. Yum.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Regretting my username

This is my first year at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. I'm majoring in Political Science, with an undecided minor. I'm also going to have pre-law advisers.

For my first 3 years, we're still going to be on quarters, but my senior year ( I may graduate early) is going to be on semesters. My fall quarter looks like this:

Math 150 - Elementary Functions (hopefully my last math class ever)
Politsc 201H - Honors Intro to Political Behavior
SBSCOL 100H - Honors Freshman Social Behavior Science Survey
PUBAFFS 3** - Civics, Community Involvement, Leadership class

OSU rapes when it comes to GEC, so I still need 3 quarters of Spanish and a handful of physical sciences, but I hope to have those out of the way after this year. I walked in this fall with 30 credits from AP testing, so I'll be considered a sophomore after this quarter, which is awesome. I just can't stand waiting until September 23rd to start classes.

And my dorm is part of the John Glenn Learning Community, so that everyone on my floor is into leadership, public policy, government, law, etc. We get to debate and take a class together and use their resource center.

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 08-31-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Math 150 - Elementary Functions (hopefully my last math class ever)
I need M211 which is Calculus I for econ and I'm gonna try to take it in the spring.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I need M211 which is Calculus I for econ and I'm gonna try to take it in the spring.
Yeah, Elementary Functions is precalculus, and I'm scared.....no way I could master calculus.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Yeah, Elementary Functions is precalculus, and I'm scared.....no way I could master calculus.
If it's anything like Finite Mathematics you'll be fine I think. I'm only one day in, but I did everything we did today in my head and the syllabus doesn't look to be much harder.