Saint Vitus -- London, England -- October 29th, 2014
King Diamond -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2014
King Diamond -- Salt Lake City, UT -- October 26th, 2014
Raven -- San Francisco, CA -- October 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-30-2009, 04:45 PM
That Guy

Ross The Boss -- St. Paul, MN -- August 29th, 2009

Hey, this is my first post here. I've been looking here for a while, but I felt I should make an account till I can offer.

I'll start off by saying that I went to Progressive Nation in Minneapolis, which I can't understand what all the hate is about especially on this show. DT is my favorite band. I have seen them the last 4 times they were in MN and the only "song" I have seen repeated is In The Presence Pt. 1.

Anyways, between sets a guy liked my Iced Earth shirt I was wearing and handed me 2 tickets to see Ross The Boss. I'll get more to that later.

I'll pretty much skip all the opening bands because no one outside the MN are would know who they are. But I will say that the second band's singer, God Awful (No, seriously, that is the band name) was the one who gave me the tickets for the show at Progressive Nation. All the bands were incredible and would love to check them out again.

Ross The Boss was fucking incredible!!!

They played almost all the Manowar classics and the best tracks off their album. And everything as completely FLAWLESS!!! The best part of the night for me was right after the last song, the owner of the venue (Station 4) went on the stage and handed me the ONLY setlist they made for this 2 date US tour!!!! From what I understand they quickly made a quick set last night in NYC before the show and this show in MN was the only one they worked on and written out.

Here's is the set:

Blood of Knives
Death & Glory
Death Tone
Shell Shock
God of Dying
Matador
Gloves of Metal
We Will Kill
May The Gods...
Thor
Kill With Power
Hail to England
Immortal Son
--------
Right
Hail And Kill

The one thing that did suck about the show is.....only 25 people showed up! I shit you not when I say I was up against the guardrail the whole night and there was only 2 rows of people behind me. I also shit you not that after every band's set I either got a drink, went to the bathroom or bought a shirt and I got my EXACT same spot back. I seen Dredg a couple weeks before at Station 4 and over half the crowd left before their set and at least a quarter left during their set. And that crowd felt like a sold out Nickelback show compared to this.

I did get to meet the band after the show. Had I had my Shaprie with me, I would of had them sign it, but I'm ok with that. The guys were great to talk to, but Ross was severely disappointed with the turnout. But he really did appreciate every fan showing up and he swore that they will be back with a vengeance.

Despite the crowd, it was a phenomenal show. I would say go out and see them, but this was the last night of a 2 date US tour, so if nothing else wait for them to come back possibly in 2010!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Headbanger

Cool write up man. I'll be honest when I saw the post I was like Who the F is Ross the Boss? I've never been a big Manowar fan but know people who worship them.
12/10 - Chevelle
Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM
That Guy

Yeah, were a few of them in the audience. I'm not sure if I would have went if I didn't get those free tickets, but I'm glad I did. It was a great show and now I want to get all the Manowar CDs I don't have with Ross The Boss. I did have Battle Hymns (The first album) but now I want to check all of it out.

The next show I MIGHT be going to is the Minnesota Metal Fest with Primal Fear, Atheist, November's Doom, amongst others. I just gotta make sure I can afford to go. I'd do almost anything to see Atheist.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Headbanger

Yeah I'd like to see Athiest headline a tour. When they played the MD Death Fest they only played a few songs. I want to hear the entire 1st album when I see them
12/10 - Chevelle
Old 08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
N00B

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I should've went! That would've been so much FUN!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:22 AM
That Guy

I don't know when I'll get the chance to ever see Atheist again so I'm going to do what I can to go.

Despite the crowd, it was so much fun. Definitely one of the best Power Metal shows I have been to.

One thing I just found out on the Ross The Boss website that this show and the NYC show were BOTH recorded for possible live releases. So I might be seen and/or heard on a DVD/CD!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:35 PM
In Search of Truth

My band had a chance to open for Ross in October, but declined. It was basically a pay-to-play deal and Ross wants entirely too much money.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:21 PM
That Guy

I can totally see that. That would explain why Ross was very pissed after the show with the crowd turnout seeing as though he probably lost money. and to add to that, I heard that a couple of the bands opening were last minute fill ins, so they played for free.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:08 AM
the wicked path

Seriously? Ross the Boss?
25-27 Jun: Graspop?
5-7 Aug: Wacken Open Air
Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Regretting my username

Rick Ross?

Tags
ross the boss