Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
Yea I don't see why he gets all this credit as being some amazing director. Reservoir Dogs was good, but alot of his other stuff just sucks. What was so great about Kill Bill again? I could get it if people like his stuff for being "stupidly awesome" but to seriously consider a Tarantino film as "Best Picture. Best Direction. Best Original Screenplay."
I didn't say that was going to happen. I was saying that in a world where I am the only voter on the Academy Awards committee and choose whatever the fuck I want, those things would happen. The Dark Knight would have been Best Picture last year by my hand, too.

And I personally think he outdid Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. The homage to Spaghetti westerns and the fact that it is, all things considered, a period piece proves that he can work outside of his own idiom. Sure, it's "undeniably Tarantino" or whatever, but I'm not some Tarantino fanboy. This is the only film of his that gets close to my upper echelon of favorite movies.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:35 PM
The Cheese

The movie was awesome. End of god damn story. I don't have a hard on for Tarantino, but fuck, the movie was great. I went with two friends, we all enjoyed the absolute hell out of the movie.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
What? I am druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk as fuck right now and this post still fucking FAILS.
Maybe you should put down the bottle and realize that some people aren't like you.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
The story line doesn't just focus on the mission of the Basterds.
And that was an enormous flaw, IMO. Overall I was pretty disappointed in the movie.

And there is NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL this came anywhere close to Pulp Fiction. Or even Reservoir Dogs.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:13 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

Excusi, but I don't really see the point in comparing this to other Tarantino movies.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:01 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
Excusi, but I don't really see the point in comparing this to other Tarantino movies.
For rizzle

Brad Pitt's character was really entertaining but Hans stole the show. Everything between Zoller and Shoshanna was pretty lame.
That's all I have to say about that.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
And that was an enormous flaw, IMO. Overall I was pretty disappointed in the movie.

And there is NO WAY IN FUCKING HELL this came anywhere close to Pulp Fiction. Or even Reservoir Dogs.
This. I wanted to see a movie about killing nazis. I don't need to see spend 10 bucks to see some french assholes talk in a bar for an hour. Seeing as the title of the movie is "Inglorious Basterds" they should have had a lot more air time.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:32 AM
We're dying on the inside

Alright, I don't want to be Tarantino's Bulldog here, but he considered all of the protagonists in the movie to be "basterds", which meant "badasses" in the parlance of their times. Therefore, the entire movie is about inglorious bastards, and Brad Pitt's crew just happened to call themselves that. Misleading? Sure. But all trailers are, and directors don't make their own trailers, production companies make them to try to sell tickets, that's it.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:45 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave View Post
This. I wanted to see a movie about killing nazis. I don't need to see spend 10 bucks to see some french assholes talk in a bar for an hour. Seeing as the title of the movie is "Inglorious Basterds" they should have had a lot more air time.
Actually, point in fact, about the only French people in that scene would've been the bartender and his daughter. The rest were German soldiers, the German actress, the English guy, the German basterd, and American basterd (none of the basterds were French.)
Old 08-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Regretting my username

I also liked that most of the actors, barring a few of the basterds, were unknown actors (to me at least). Most were actual French or German actors, and i thought it added authenticity and class to the movie. It felt like a foreign film at some points, and like a badass American action movie at other times, and like a parody-tribute to Spagheti Westerns other times still.