Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
when I looked up C&C and found out they have 2 gold records in the U.S.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
That was my reaction I know they've toured with Slipknot and a couple other big bands but I was just shocked by that. I've never heard em on the radio or seen a video played from them so it's a mystery to me as to how this actually occured.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
N00B

I Agree

Quote:
Hey bro, there's a key on you pad that says "Caps Lock" make sure that's off next time you post unless for whatever reason you're trying to be forcefull with your point. I know that with Sabbath 90 mins has always been the standard set time. If you cut out the needless drum solo and the pointless 10 minute jam in the middle of HNH then you can get 3 more songs that's what my complaints are really about. Plus this maybe the last time this lineup plays together so why not go all out and play longer because they may not get the opportunity to play these songs together ever again.

Also, 90 minutes wasn't always the standard for live shows. I'm 31 and I remember when i first started going to shows in the early 90's it was standard for a rock or metal band to give you at least something close to the 2 hour range. I don't know why in recent years 90 mins or less has become the standard for a headline act but it's giving the fans less of a show and charging them more money for it and it sucks because fans deserve more when they go to see someone who's got the material to play longer and don't do it.
I spaced that the caps lock was on. I agree I have been going to concerts about the same amount of time and the shows are getting shorter and a lot more expensive. It sucks but we still buy tickets and go to these shows to rock out. Thankful for Rush and Dream Theatre for extended sets. C n C are lot like a B rated version of Dream Theatre.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 PM
N00B

Lots of good points here but does anybody think another reason could be cuz they're going under the moniker "Heaven & Hell" and not Black Sabbath? Or Black Sabbath featuring Ronnie James Dio? They haven't played Denver since '07 and they could still only fill maybe half of Red Rocks (9,500 capacity). Short set for sure but they put on a great show!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalJ View Post
Lots of good points here but does anybody think another reason could be cuz they're going under the moniker "Heaven & Hell" and not Black Sabbath? Or Black Sabbath featuring Ronnie James Dio? They haven't played Denver since '07 and they could still only fill maybe half of Red Rocks (9,500 capacity). Short set for sure but they put on a great show!
Going under Black Sabbath would have deffinately helped there are still people i'm sure who don't even know who HNH really is. If they went under the Sabbath name they would be obligated to play at least 4 or 5 Ozzy era songs and that's not what they point of it was. They wanted to give the Dio era the respect it truely deserves by only focusing on that material.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun -Yaur View Post
C n C are lot like a B rated version of Dream Theatre.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 PM
N00B

The opening act(s) arent going to matter in the big picture for drawing. Usually the exception is the all day shows or big package tours.

Heaven and Hell have hit most markets 3-4 times in the past couple years, thats likely why its drawing less.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 AM
N00B

Quote:
That was my reaction I know they've toured with Slipknot and a couple other big bands but I was just shocked by that. I've never heard em on the radio or seen a video played from them so it's a mystery to me as to how this actually occured.
they used to be on the radio, and on MTV a lot `when their second and 3rd albums came out.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeofdeath View Post
they used to be on the radio, and on MTV a lot `when their second and 3rd albums came out.
Ok I had no idea who they were til I saw they were opening for Slipknot earlier this year and even then I thought it was two separate bands because of the way the name is.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

You guys have seriously never heard of Coheed and Cambria before?
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends

Tags
heaven and hell