Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2014
Raven -- West Hollywood, CA -- October 20th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 08-17-2009, 01:55 PM
andrew_metalhead's Avatar
andrew_metalhead andrew_metalhead is offline
Headbanger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
when I looked up C&C and found out they have 2 gold records in the U.S.
__________________
For all your metal needs, go to http://metalassault.com
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
That was my reaction I know they've toured with Slipknot and a couple other big bands but I was just shocked by that. I've never heard em on the radio or seen a video played from them so it's a mystery to me as to how this actually occured.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Braun -Yaur Braun -Yaur is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: colorado
Posts: 4
I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Hey bro, there's a key on you pad that says "Caps Lock" make sure that's off next time you post unless for whatever reason you're trying to be forcefull with your point. I know that with Sabbath 90 mins has always been the standard set time. If you cut out the needless drum solo and the pointless 10 minute jam in the middle of HNH then you can get 3 more songs that's what my complaints are really about. Plus this maybe the last time this lineup plays together so why not go all out and play longer because they may not get the opportunity to play these songs together ever again.

Also, 90 minutes wasn't always the standard for live shows. I'm 31 and I remember when i first started going to shows in the early 90's it was standard for a rock or metal band to give you at least something close to the 2 hour range. I don't know why in recent years 90 mins or less has become the standard for a headline act but it's giving the fans less of a show and charging them more money for it and it sucks because fans deserve more when they go to see someone who's got the material to play longer and don't do it.
I spaced that the caps lock was on. I agree I have been going to concerts about the same amount of time and the shows are getting shorter and a lot more expensive. It sucks but we still buy tickets and go to these shows to rock out. Thankful for Rush and Dream Theatre for extended sets. C n C are lot like a B rated version of Dream Theatre.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 PM
MetalJ MetalJ is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 63
Lots of good points here but does anybody think another reason could be cuz they're going under the moniker "Heaven & Hell" and not Black Sabbath? Or Black Sabbath featuring Ronnie James Dio? They haven't played Denver since '07 and they could still only fill maybe half of Red Rocks (9,500 capacity). Short set for sure but they put on a great show!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalJ View Post
Lots of good points here but does anybody think another reason could be cuz they're going under the moniker "Heaven & Hell" and not Black Sabbath? Or Black Sabbath featuring Ronnie James Dio? They haven't played Denver since '07 and they could still only fill maybe half of Red Rocks (9,500 capacity). Short set for sure but they put on a great show!
Going under Black Sabbath would have deffinately helped there are still people i'm sure who don't even know who HNH really is. If they went under the Sabbath name they would be obligated to play at least 4 or 5 Ozzy era songs and that's not what they point of it was. They wanted to give the Dio era the respect it truely deserves by only focusing on that material.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:38 AM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun -Yaur View Post
C n C are lot like a B rated version of Dream Theatre.


...
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-22-2009, 08:52 PM
converge241 converge241 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brockton, MA
Posts: 204
The opening act(s) arent going to matter in the big picture for drawing. Usually the exception is the all day shows or big package tours.

Heaven and Hell have hit most markets 3-4 times in the past couple years, thats likely why its drawing less.
__________________
8/11/13 Baroness/Royal thunder Royale Boston
8/13 Baroness/Royal Thunder Met Cafe/Prov
7/16 Mayhem Fest Mansfield (maybe - so so lineup)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 AM
causeofdeath causeofdeath is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
That was my reaction I know they've toured with Slipknot and a couple other big bands but I was just shocked by that. I've never heard em on the radio or seen a video played from them so it's a mystery to me as to how this actually occured.
they used to be on the radio, and on MTV a lot `when their second and 3rd albums came out.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by causeofdeath View Post
they used to be on the radio, and on MTV a lot `when their second and 3rd albums came out.
Ok I had no idea who they were til I saw they were opening for Slipknot earlier this year and even then I thought it was two separate bands because of the way the name is.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-23-2009, 10:27 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 22,032
Blog Entries: 19
You guys have seriously never heard of Coheed and Cambria before?
__________________
10/21 - Judas Priest
10/22 - Mastodong
10/23 - The Atlas Moth
10/27 - DJ Qbert
10/29 - Real Friends
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heaven and hell

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:42 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008