Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014
HIM -- Silver Spring, MD -- December 12th, 2014

Old 08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

DevilDriver -- New York, NY -- August 11th, 2009

DevilDriver
1. End Of The Line
2. Not All Who Wander All Lost
3. Pray For Villains
4. Nothing's Wrong
5. I Could Care Less
6. Clouds Over California
7. Die (And Die Now)
8. Back With A Vengence
9. Before The Hangman's Noose
10. Meet The Wretched
-----------------------------------
11. The Mountain
12. These Fighting Words

DevilDriver were fuckin awesome! It's a damn shame they had to cut out "I've Been Sober" and "I Dreamed I Died" (even if the latter wasn't a planned song each night). They fucking tore the place up! But before I venture into that area, lemme explain the beginning. I had came late in the first place because every single band on the bill except DevilDriver blow donkey balls, so me and my buddy got there right when Veil Of Maya were ending their set. They sucked. We waited downstairs when Despised Icon went through their set. They sucked. Then we went up to try and get barricade for DD, and it was jam-packed in Scene City. We stayed to the side when Emmure went on, and let me say Emmure have taken the inglorious title of the worst band I've ever seen live. They are so fucking terrible. Every song sounds exactly the same, one giant breakdown. And I wish I was exagerrating. Herrendous wigger core bullshit, I now see they are the new nu-metal. Embarassing. Absolutely disgusting. The scene kids and their throwing down and their stupid attitudes. I am very glad that (as like all the other shows apparently) the scene fags left after Emmure, so the real DevilDriver fans stayed to support them. I bought a DD shirt and I'm very glad I did just for $20. It's great to support them on such a shitty tour with shitty bands. But I digress. Anyhoo, once DD hit the stage, they were just great! So much energy, and luckily I got barricade during their 4th song, and Dez made a few acknowledgements of me and such, so that was pretty cool . The whole band was tight, seemed to really enjoy themselves, and came out great live. This was my 2nd time seeing them, and they definately topped themselves. Highlights would definately be "Before The Hangman's Noose", "Back With A Vengeance", "Pray For Villains", and "Meet The Wretched". As I said before, I wish they didn't have to take out the songs, but the stupid bands before probably got a wee bit extended sets. Whatever, great fucking time, totally worth it. Hope to see them when they come again in the winter, I will definately try. And that concludes Day 3 of my metal journey

Last edited by SerpentineVIVIVI; 08-11-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:34 PM
N00B

Where was this located?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

The Fillmore (Irving Plaza).
Old 08-11-2009, 11:56 PM
N00B

The show was sick in general I like core bands but Oceano, Mychildren Mybride, and Emmure sucked it
Old 08-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Bobb O)))

yeah oceano is actually pretty good, and they have won the hearts of a good amount of critics.
10/4-Melvins
Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 PM
N00B

Gonna try my luck with scalpers or people with extra tickets tomorrow in Toronto. All the other bands do indeed suck (well, Despised Icon's got some alright songs), but Devildriver is great live and I haven't been to a show in a long time.

Tags
devildriver