Slash -- Hampton Beach, NH -- July 9th, 2014
Sebastian Bach -- London, England -- July 9th, 2014
Extreme -- London, England -- July 8th, 2014
Ash Borer -- Birmingham, AL -- July 6th, 2014

Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72 View Post
^The sad reason for this is that it's practically free money for the company if they just have to change details with no engine overhaul or anything, and people still buy it en masse. The day people stop buying these, or really start demanding it becomes DLC, it may actually change.

Honestly, each new Madden should just be available as a roster change download that's about eight dollars or something.
Exactly. And the gameplay rarely changes, except for a couple of years where the technology shifted rapidly for whatever reason. And you're right: its the consumers' fault. I'm mad at the company for fucking us over, but I guess i'm also pissed at the stupid disposable-income soaked gamers.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I agree completely about the Sports games. For Xbox, I have Madden 2004 or so, and that's it. For 360, I have NCAA Football 08, and I haven't bought a sports game since.
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
We're dying on the inside

I think they probably do need to keep releasing them, though. It may seem like everyone has a next-gen copy of a Madden game by now, but we all know that's not totally true. Every year they're probably introducing thousands of players to the series, if not completely then at least for the 360/PS3 generation. And even if there's little change from year to year, there's probably plenty of people like me who buy one every four years or so and the gameplay actually is dramatically different and there actually are better graphics and more game modes. And if they're making ridiculous profit margins in the process of sating these gamer appetites, well, more power to 'em. It's capitalism, baby.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
I think they probably do need to keep releasing them, though. It may seem like everyone has a next-gen copy of a Madden game by now, but we all know that's not totally true. Every year they're probably introducing thousands of players to the series, if not completely then at least for the 360/PS3 generation. And even if there's little change from year to year, there's probably plenty of people like me who buy one every four years or so and the gameplay actually is dramatically different and there actually are better graphics and more game modes. And if they're making ridiculous profit margins in the process of sating these gamer appetites, well, more power to 'em. It's capitalism, baby.
Its planned obsolescence, baby.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

If supporting EA means it'll get me a Dead Space sequel, then let me go pre-order Madden 10 right now.
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/31 - Warped
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

game companies are greedy and lazy anyway. take activision for example, theyre making modern warfare 2 (sequal to cod4) and offering a special edition package that comes with night vision goggles. but theyre only offering it with the console version of the game, basically telling pc gamers to go fuck themselves, they justify it by saying "everyone on pc just pirates our games anyway".

now not only does this make no sense whatsoever (you cant download nigh vision goggles, and you cant play online with a pirated copy) but activision is like the second biggest game producer (especially after buying Blizzard) and their annual profits are in the hundreds of millions.

its even worse when companies take sides with certain hardware manufacturers. i remember far cry 1 was designed for ATi video cards and offered basically no support for people with Nvidia GPU's. and they wonder why people get pissed off and dont want to pay for their shit anymore.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
Its planned obsolescence, baby.
The engine of our consumerist economy. It doesn't force you to participate but it profits off of those who do. I'm not rebelling here. If perennially releasing barely different products is a crime, throw Motorhead in jail.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
The engine of our consumerist economy. It doesn't force you to participate but it profits off of those who do. I'm not rebelling here. If perennially releasing barely different products is a crime, throw Motorhead in jail.

hell, look at car companies. they purposefully leave out features for the first year of a new model and then incrementially add them in. the second arm rest you were wondering about... the cup holder... the cd player... same shit.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM

i just read the fucking soundtrack list. slough feg and brocas helm in the same game? holy tits!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
hell, look at car companies. they purposefully leave out features for the first year of a new model and then incrementially add them in. the second arm rest you were wondering about... the cup holder... the cd player... same shit.
It's a little bit sickening, but if you have any willpower whatsoever, you just won't give in to the temptation to buy a new car every time they tweak something. Or video game. Or whatever other example one might care to provide. But they make new models for the people who never owned the old models in the first place.