Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 08-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
People are really worried about the openers? Seriously? I don't give a fuck if Vanilla Ice and Hammer are opening, I'm fucking going! I would never let a bad opener keep me from going to see a band I want to see. I just wouldn't pay attention to them.
I think you're missing the point. Shitty openers aren't a problem because you have to make an effort to ignore them, they are a problem because they bring their shitty fans with them.

Bands such as Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Beneath the Massacre, etc. had a markedly shitty effect on this year's Summer Slaughter Tour, for example. A bunch of assholes in the mosh pit who either stood there doing nothing during awesome bands such as Origin and Dying Fetus, or even worse - they started their neo-violent version of moshing which includes throwing elbows and running headlong into people who aren't looking, in an attempt to knock them down. What a bunch of assholes some of these younger fans can be. That, and their generally shitty fuck-everybody-who-is-older-than-eighteen attitudes and their stuuuuuuuupid comments like they already know everything about the world.

That's why it concerns me when I see shitty -core openers on the bill.

Nat
Old 08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Resident old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I think you're missing the point. Shitty openers aren't a problem because you have to make an effort to ignore them, they are a problem because they bring their shitty fans with them.

Bands such as Born of Osiris, After the Burial, Beneath the Massacre, etc. had a markedly shitty effect on this year's Summer Slaughter Tour, for example. A bunch of assholes in the mosh pit who either stood there doing nothing during awesome bands such as Origin and Dying Fetus, or even worse - they started their neo-violent version of moshing which includes throwing elbows and running headlong into people who aren't looking, in an attempt to knock them down. What a bunch of assholes some of these younger fans can be. That, and their generally shitty fuck-everybody-who-is-older-than-eighteen attitudes and their stuuuuuuuupid comments like they already know everything about the world.

Nat
Fair enough. I guess I'm too old to hang with the scene kids in the pit anymore so I don't notice that stuff.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:01 PM
I'LL RIP YOUR THROAT OUT AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!

I WOULD FUCKING KILL TO SEE THIS TOUR!!! Who would be the closer?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:06 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtVH90 View Post
Who would be the closer?

I would want megadeth to close but megadeth and slayer might switch spots everynight
Old 08-09-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:

Nat
No matter who the openers are (knowing Slayer and Megadeth they shouldn't be too bad) I will be at the barracades the whole fucking time. but the tour would make sense. both bands release their new albums only days apart from one-another
Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible View Post
I would want megadeth to close but megadeth and slayer might switch spots everynight
as far as i'm concerned, as long as they are the last 2 bands to perform, then thats good enough for me.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I see what your saying Nathrli. I am only 17 and there are a lot of core kids that piss me off because they think they are tough and wicked brutal. I mean i like some deathcore bands but some of the fans of the genre are douches. They throw elbows and push people back into the pits when they trying to rest. There are alot of kids out there that just have no fucking respect for other attendees that pisses me off. Core kids have kind of ruined the reputation of teenage metal fans. Some dudes behind me at Mayhem during Cannibal Corpse were actually surprised that me and my friends knew what we talking about it when it came to Cannibal and when we knew the words to Fucked With A Knife and Unleashing The Bloodthristy these dudes actually came up to us and shook our hands and apolgized for thinking we were core kids. I will admit that i like some core bands but i am not a core kid and hate them just as much as every metalhead does. FUCK CORE KIDS AND THEIR FUCKING HARDCORE DANCING AND MOST PIT DOUCHEBAGERY.
1/25 August Burns Red
1/31 Machine Head

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-10-2009, 07:37 AM
N00B

I'm almost completely positive Suicide Silence will be on this tour. At the Pedal to the Metal Tour I talked to their bassist Dan Kenny and he said they have something huge planned in the states for the winter. Later on I talked to one of the guitarists, Chris Garza, and he said they'll be on the Gigantour this winter with Megadeth & Slayer.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Regretting my username

Quote:

Nat
You just described Lamb of God fans during Opeth on Gigantour.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Head View Post
I'm almost completely positive Suicide Silence will be on this tour. At the Pedal to the Metal Tour I talked to their bassist Dan Kenny and he said they have something huge planned in the states for the winter. Later on I talked to one of the guitarists, Chris Garza, and he said they'll be on the Gigantour this winter with Megadeth & Slayer.
For now that's good and bad news I suppose. Having SS there will suck but at least the tour has been confirmed by another source.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac