Midnight -- Toronto, Ontario -- July 12th, 2014
Satanic Warmaster -- Mexico City, Mexico -- July 5th, 2014
Dying Fetus -- Merriam, KS -- July 12th, 2014
Phobia -- Tempe, AZ -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-07-2009, 12:49 PM
N00B

Rockstar Mayhem Fest -- Mansfield, MA -- August 4th, 2009

Here's my review a little late, but better late than never.

My friend and I got there a little bit before 12:30, they let the presale line in at about 1. I go to the barricade and notice that Behemoth's drums are set up, and the security guard told me that Whitechapel's bus broke down in New York, so they couldn't make it to the show. That immediately pissed me off because I was looking forward to Whitechapel a lot. Anyways, STEMM got a half hour set because of it, so they went on stage at 2:15 and ended at 2:45.They really got the crowd going with an awesome set, STEMM is an amazing live band. 8/10.

Face The Pain
The Devil Walks Among Us
Blood Soaked
House of Cards
The Memory Remains
Monster

May have been one more song, I'm not sure. Behemoth played next on the Hot Topic Stage, and they put on a pretty good show. I watched half their set then went to the bathroom and got a water. 7/10.

Slaves Shall Serve
At The Left Hand Ov God
Demigod
Conquer All
Ov Fire and the Void
Chant For Ezkaton 2000
I Got Erection

God Forbid played next. Wow, they put on a fucking amazing show. I didn't really listen to them before, but their set made me a fan. 8.5/10. I got a setlist after their performance. I would've left to get it signed by them, but I didn't want to lose my spot in the second row for All That Remains.

Force Fed
War of Attrition
Walk Alone
Broken Promise
To The Fallen Hero
The End of the World

I didn't watch The Black Dahlia Murder because I was waiting for ATR to play. They sounded solid though.

Next was one of the reasons why I came to this festival, All That Remains. They put on an excellent performance, and the hometown crowd was going absolutely nuts. I had to leave the second row because it was so fucking packed with people that it was nearly impossible for me to move back. Even as I got about 12 rows of people back, I still had very little room. Anyways, ATR didn't disappoint, and they were easily one of the best bands of the day. I met them after their set, and got two posters signed, which caused me to have to watch JFAC and Trivium from afar. All the guys (and girl) in All That Remains are really cool people. Jeanne is actually pretty damn good looking up close. 9.5/10 for ATR.

This Calling
Chiron
Forever In Your Hands
Six
The Air That I Breathe
Undone
Two Weeks

Job For A Cowboy played while I was in line to meet ATR, but they were pretty good, and I enjoyed their set. 7/10.

Knee Deep
Altered From Catechization
Unfurling A Darkened Gospel
Constitutional Masturbation
Entombment of a Machine
Embedded

Trivium was next, second time I saw them, and I was still in line for ATR. Good show, I didn't notice any big sound problems. 8/10.

Rain
When All Light Dies
Down From The Sky
Throes of Perdition
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

Cannibal Corpse followed, and I was out of the ATR signing and back into the crowd for them. Holy shit. Insane performance by the death metal legends. The pits were brutal and everyone was going nuts during their set. 9/10.

Evisceration Plague
The Time To Kill Is Now
Unleasing the Bloodthirsty
Fucked With A Knife
Make Them Suffer
Priests of Sodom
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped, Raped, and Strangled

I went to the main stage to catch the end of Bullet For My Valentine. They were better than I expected. I caught the last three songs, but this has been there set the whole tour, so I assume it hasn't changed. 7/10.

Waking The Demon
End of Days
4 Words To Choke Upon
No Control
Tears Don't Fall
Hand of Blood
Scream Aim Fire

Up next was the other main reason I came. Killswitch Engage. Incredible set, nothing more to be said. The crowd was really into them, and they put on an excellent set. The pit area is extremely small so instead of a Wall of Death, Adam D called for a "Closet of Death." 10/10.

My Last Serenade
Reckoning
Fixation on the Darkness
Rose of Sharyn
Starting Over
A Bid Farewell
My Curse
The End of Heartache
Holy Diver

The almighty SLAYER played after Killswitch. It was breathtaking to see them up so close. They put on one hell of a show. The sound was spot on except during one song, (can't remember which) Kerry's guitar went out for 20 seconds. I'm very glad I got to see them, and my friend caught a pick from Kerry King. 9/10.

Disciple
War Ensemble
Jihad
Psychopathy Red
Born of Fire
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts Of War
Dead Skin Mask
Hell Awaits
Angel Of Death
South Of Heaven
Raining Blood

A lot of people left after Slayer, and I mean a lot. I decided to stay for Marilyn Manson, and I have to say he put on a better show than I expected. Not much else to say about his set except that my friend and I were the only two people to crowd surf for his entire set. 7/10.

We're From America
Disposable Teens
Little Horn
Irresponsible Hate Anthem
Four Rusted Horses
Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-Geddon
The Dope Show
Rock Is Dead
Tourniquet
Sweet Dreams
The Beautiful People

All in all, Mayhem Fest in Mansfield was an awesome day. The bands kicked ass and it was just an excellent time overall. I can't wait for next year!

Last edited by Metal_Head; 08-07-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal_Head View Post
The sound was spot on except during one song, (can't remember which) Kerry's guitar went out for 20 seconds.
Yeah, I had to ask myself briefly if I was going deaf all of a sudden. I think it was during the intro to Dead Skin Mask but I'm not 100% about that.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

im pretty sure it was half way through Ghosts Of War i could be wrong.
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 AM
N00B

Hey buddy, I filmed most of mansfield, check it
youtube.com/user/TripKore
xplicitbootlegs.com

Tags
all that remains, behemoth, bullet for my valentine, cannibal corpse, god forbid, job for a cowboy, killswitch engage, marilyn manson, slayer, stemm, trivium