03.Hollow Years
04.Prophets of War
05.The Dance of Eternity
06.One last Time
07.Solitary Shell
08.In the Name of God
Encore:
09.The Count of Tuscany

This is basically the set list I'm hoping for on Friday in Asbury Park, just with anything else in place of Prophets of War.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 AM
the wicked path

They are gonna keep Prophets I fear.
25-27 Jun: Graspop?
5-7 Aug: Wacken Open Air
Old 08-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Optic

I don't get all the hate for Prophets of War. When I bought the album, the first thing I thought was "This would make a great live song." To each their own I guess. In the Name of God is great, i hope they play it on Saturday or Sunday.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelessbard View Post
I don't get all the hate for Prophets of War. When I bought the album, the first thing I thought was "This would make a great live song." To each their own I guess. In the Name of God is great, i hope they play it on Saturday or Sunday.
It's a decent live song. But the album version is not so good. It's the worst track on Systematic Chaos by far. I skip it every time I listen to the album now. I was happy to hear it live once because now I can say I've heard every song from Systematic Chaos live. Won't be so happy if I hear it multiple times. They just have so much better stuff they could play instead.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
It's a decent live song. But the album version is not so good. It's the worst track on Systematic Chaos by far. I skip it every time I listen to the album now. I was happy to hear it live once because now I can say I've heard every song from Systematic Chaos live. Won't be so happy if I hear it multiple times. They just have so much better stuff they could play instead.
I agree with that. The song is just boring maybe it was a left over from Octavarium(their most boring album IMHO) becasue it sounds like it belongs on their more than on SC. I'm just wondering if Lebrie's voice can handle the older stuff well now or not. They last couple of sets have had nothing off of I&W and Awake.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I agree with that. The song is just boring maybe it was a left over from Octavarium(their most boring album IMHO) becasue it sounds like it belongs on their more than on SC. I'm just wondering if Lebrie's voice can handle the older stuff well now or not. They last couple of sets have had nothing off of I&W and Awake.
When I saw them in Philly last week they played Metropolis Pt. 1 (from I&W), Erotomania and Vocies (from Awake). LaBrie can handle the older stuff fine, as far as I can tell. Anyway Portnoy is the one who makes the setlists. Last year in Boston they played Erotomania and Voices, and Metropolis Pt. 1 as part of the encore medley, which is probably why they skipped those songs this year. Whereas they did not play at all in Philly last year.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
When I saw them in Philly last week they played Metropolis Pt. 1 (from I&W), Erotomania and Vocies (from Awake). LaBrie can handle the older stuff fine, as far as I can tell. Anyway Portnoy is the one who makes the setlists. Last year in Boston they played Erotomania and Voices, and Metropolis Pt. 1 as part of the encore medley, which is probably why they skipped those songs this year. Whereas they did not play at all in Philly last year.
That's good to know about Lebrie's voice. He sounded fine when I saw them last tour just wasn't sure if his voice was OK this time around or not. I forgot that Portnoy makes the sets and keeps them so he can see what songs they did last time they played the city so they can do something different the next time. More bands should do stuff like that.

Tags
dream theater