Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 AM
N00B

Rockstar Mayhem Festival 2009 -- Clarkston, MI -- August 2nd, 2009

I was psyched for this show for months. Getting to see Corpse outside at an amphitheatre i thought was going to be so epic. And it was . But before the best band on the bill played everyone else on the jager and hottopic stages played. We got there at about 2:30-3:00, and decided to tailgate in the car, considering we had no cups and you cant drink from bottles in the parking lot. We had a scare, when i put on the radio for like 2 seconds, and it said "CANNIBAL CORPSE COMING UP ON THE HOTTOPIC STAGE" We quickly chugged a beers and vacated my moms escape. Though we were fine in the end. The DTE parking lot was packed, and luckily we were shown in the direction to pretty much the front of the entrance, because no cars were parked there. Listening to Maiden and drinkin Heineken was fun but cost us to see Black Dahlia Murder, who i unfortunately did want to see. We Know Lyfe (opening local band on the Jager stage), and Whitechapel aswell. We got there when God Forbid was playing. And they were pretty good. Though my friend Mark didn't think so and left, and didn't find him till Behemoth.

Than i went to the Hottopic stage to see who i thought would be Behemoth, but turned out to be Job For A Cowboy. I thought they would be switched around cause of how they were presented on the website, but fuck it, it was better Behemoth was going to play before Corpse. Alot of Job fans in the audience, and it seemed many of the girls enjoyed the lyrical content as they were singing along. They played 6 songs, but only the last four i know. It was probably the same as all the other setlists.

1.???
2.???
3. Unfurling A Darkened Gospel
4. Constitutional Masturbation
5. Entombment of a Machine
6. Embedded

Than it was back to the Jager stage to see All That Remains. They sucked. I thought they would be atleast good. But for me they were the worst band of the day that i saw.

Than back to the Hottopic stage to see Behemoth. They were brutal as always. The crowd was really into them. I found my friend Mark up front who was about 3-4th close to the stage (which is really about 2nd row when people are smooshed together). The highlight was I Got Erection.

Slaves Shall Serve
At The Left Hand Ov God
Demigod
Conquer All
Ov Fire And Void
Chant For Ezkaton 2000
---------------
I Got Erection

Well next would be Trivium on the Jager stage, but i didnt see them, thus they didnt play

Stayed after Behemoth to see Corpse. And from i heard and saw. Corpse was the most anticipated band of the day. When Corpse hit the stage the whole crowd errupted. Being up so close to the stage i didnt see anything in the back, but i guess there was a huge circle pit of massive proportions. The band really seemed to enjoy themselves, and Corpsegrinder sounded extremely low and deathy, putting all the other death vocalists to shame (except Behemoth). Sentenced to Burn was a nice suprise aswell Priests of Sodom as i thought they would play something else from the new album. They said Hammer Smashed Face was going to be there last long, but Corpsegrinder quite with great wit said "When i said that was our last song....I LIED!!!!" and that made me quite happy.

1. Evisceration Plague
2. The Time To Kill Is Now
3. I Cum Blood
4. Sentenced To Burn
5. Make The Suffer
6. Priests of Sodom
7. Hammer Smashed Face
8. Stripped, Raped, and Strangled

Than it was off to the mainstage. Mushroomhead played directly after Corpse so i didnt see much of them, but they were good. Than came on Killswitch who i personally didn't like at all (besides there stage set and pyro), but the crowd really loved them so thats nice.

Than came on the legendary Slayer. From times past they had a stripped down stage. Just two walls of amps and metal eagle/pentagram logo design hanging above in the middle. Slayer sounded extremely tight. The 5th song they played i dont exactly know what it was but im guess it was Born Of Fire from what other sets was. Slayer's pyro put KWE's to shame. Not only was there a line of fire above the amps, they let the metal eagle on fire, which made it truly epic. Headbanging is extremely hard on the hill at DTE, but was able to get away with for when it counted the most (specifically Hell Awaits)

1. Disciple
2. War Ensemble
3. Jihad
4. Psychopathy Red
5. Born Of Fire
6. Mandatory Suicide
7. Chemical Warfare
8. Ghosts of War
9. Dead Skin Mask
10. Hell Awaits
11. Angel Of Death
12. South Of Heaven
13. Raining Blood

Last but not least was Marilyn Manson. I was really looking forward to seeing him since ive been a fan of his longer than Slayer, Corpse, and Behemoth. I was a little disappointed at his showman ship, he doesn't really look at the audience, and considering there was a camera, he looked at that alot. Roadies kept handing him stuff in between songs, which didnt look too good as far as professionalism and shock and awe surprise goes, and for the headliner i was expecting him to play atleast a couple more songs, than he did. But overall it was great to finally see him live, with latter half of the set overshining the beginning imo. I really enjoyed the new song Four Rusted Horses, as it was much, MUCH more heavier than the studio version.

1. We’re From America
2. Disposable Teens
3. Little Horn
4. Irresponsible Hate Anthem
5. Four Rusted Horses
6. Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-Geddon
7. Dope Show
8. Rock Is Dead
9. Tourniquet
10. Sweet Dreams
11. Beautiful People

With a headache from headbanging and cigarrete smoke, we left and made our way back to Canananada for some Wendy's. In closing the show was a B- to a B, due to atmosphere, tiredness early on in the day, and American jibber jabber (you know people getting mad at the smallest thing and try to act like they have to be macho and such). But on the plus side redeeming the day Corpse, Slayer, Manson, and Behemoth, and they very cool weather which made up for the lack luster environment.

AND ON A SIDE NOTE....for you kids laughing at me and my friend for headbanging and air guitaring, in the words of Yo Gabba Yo Gabba "Try It.....You'll Like It".

Last edited by Slasherous; 08-05-2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: had to add another song to slayers set.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

I must agree (as I mentioned when I posted the Cuyahoga Falls show on Friday) about All That Remains. I wasn't into a lot of the bands at the festival, but all of them at least were entertaining to watch, except for ATR. I don't know what it is, I just don't like them.

And Slayer's pyro was fuckin wicked!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Nice to see that they've added I Got Erection, hope they play it tomorrow in Mansfield. They're really the only reason I'm going - Slayer and Cannibal Corpse are good and all, but if Behemoth wasn't playing I wouldn't bother.

Can't wait.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:55 PM
N00B

I think I might go friday in NJ...its either go to work, or take the day off, enjoy slayer, behemoth and drink beer in the sun...
Old 08-03-2009, 03:34 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasherous View Post
Than it was back to the Jager stage to see All That Remains. They sucked. I thought they would be atleast good. But for me they were the worst band of the day that i saw.
Damn thank you!!!! I'm really glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that they were the worst band on that tour. Just really great to see that in writing from somebody other than me!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Trust Me You Wont Go Blind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Damn thank you!!!! I'm really glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that they were the worst band on that tour. Just really great to see that in writing from somebody other than me!!!!!!
Even worse than Whitechapel? I heard they sucked!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Well I didn't get to see Whitechapel but I can handle deathcore a little better than ATR. I spent my time deleteing photos out of my camera while I was waiting for them to finish up. But yes I did hear the sucked really bad as well.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

I am going tommorow in Mansfield as well i am really damn excited.

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I am going tommorow in Mansfield as well i am really damn excited.
If you see a short guy (I'm like 5'3) with long brown hair and a goatee walking around in a God Dethroned "Bloody Blasphemy" t-shirt, it's probably me. Come say hi.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:56 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (sic)&disturbed View Post
Even worse than Whitechapel? I heard they sucked!
Whitechapel was better than ATR, at least at the Friday show. ATR was bordering on unlistenable, partly because their sound was off, but mostly because they just aren't a good band.

Tags
behemoth, cannibal corpse, job for a cowboy, marilyn manson, slayer