Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 PM
SilentSoldier144 SilentSoldier144 is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post

Ever heard of the word 'multitasking'?

Ever heard of hopping off Metallicas tiny male organ? They're bad, so it doesn't matter WHAT set they play.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Benjamin Breeg Benjamin Breeg is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I'm consistently amazed some of you have nothing better to do than follow the gradual revealing of setlists to shows you're not even at


So what your saying is because i wasn't at the show i shouldn't look at the setlist

Fuckhead
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
maidenpriest's Avatar
maidenpriest maidenpriest is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
Thats an awesome set. Its nice that they did S&R. After all this IS the Death Magnetic tour and they should try out all the songs from the album on this tour. Its also good because in the shows coming up they might consider playing other instrumental classics like Orion, Ktulu and To Live Is To Die.
i would kill to see ktulu live
__________________
12/9- Opeth/In Flames
5/2/14 - Nightwish
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_metalhead View Post
And I'm consistently amazed at people who have nothing better to do than calling everyone else jobless.

Ever heard of the word 'multitasking'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Breeg View Post
So what your saying is because i wasn't at the show i shouldn't look at the setlist

Fuckhead
wtf calm down guys
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Sanitarium78's Avatar
Sanitarium78 Sanitarium78 is offline
Concert Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,132
The reason we follow Metallica's setlists on a daily basis is because unlike 98 percent of the bands out there they switch the set up every night and keep people's interest. It just makes for a good discussion when they play something like Phantom Lord and Leper Mesiah that don't get in there too often. And when they do a song like S&R for the first time why shouldn't we discuss it? It's a way for the fans of the band to connect who otherwise wouldn't converse with each other. If you don't like it you simply don't have to read the thread. I see absolutely nothing worng with following any bands set for every show. If you're a fan of a certian band why not do it? I don't see the problem at all.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,859
I don't see the problem in checking, say, Metalsetlists.com () after the show to see what was played. But following the set? Sorry, no excuses, that's sad.

Anyway, support setlists for those who care:

Mastodon (19:00-19:35)
Oblivion
two or three of 'Blood And Thunder', 'Megalodon', 'The Wolf Is Loose', 'The Czar' and 'Crystal Skull'
Crack The Skye
Iron Tusk
March of The Fire Ants

For the first time in three attempts I really enjoyed Mastodon. Usually I find them deadly boring, even though I like them on record, but this time their sound was better than I've experienced it before, and that combined with plenty of space for them to actually move around (the stage was in the middle of the arena, which was unexpected as the Copenhagen Forum shows were meant to be the only ones where this wasn't going to be possible) made them much better than normal. The proper setlist will soon be available on Mastodon's site, so I'll update when I know the middle portion.

Lamb of God (19:45-20:30)
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Black Label

Exactly the same set they play every night on this tour. They currently have Buzz McGrath from Unearth standing in on guitar as Mark Morton has flown home because his wife is expecting any day.

The Metallica set ran 21:15-23:25, by the way.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary

Last edited by ravenheart; 07-28-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
i would kill to see ktulu live
I'd like that back in the set too.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Indestructible's Avatar
Indestructible Indestructible is offline
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 4,561
Quote:

Lamb of God (19:45-20:30)
In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Ruin
Dead Seeds
Laid To Rest
Redneck
Black Label

LOG can take out reneck and black label and do reclamation.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:25 AM
makethemsuffer12's Avatar
makethemsuffer12 makethemsuffer12 is offline
welp
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 4,279
I'm sure they can, but they won't. You seriously think that they are going to take out their two most well known songs for a song that few people probably care about. I personally think the song is boring as fuck.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-28-2009, 08:41 AM
SerpentineVIVIVI's Avatar
SerpentineVIVIVI SerpentineVIVIVI is offline
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
I'm sure they can, but they won't. You seriously think that they are going to take out their two most well known songs for a song that few people probably care about. I personally think the song is boring as fuck.


Reclamation is awesome. But I'm with you on your point.
__________________
"We praise an act of charity, yet shrug at an act of achievement."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
metallica

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008