Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014

Old 07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
welp

Nelson Speaks!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=123996

Wow. After I read this, all I can say is fuck Anthrax.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Yeah man, that is fucked up. No morals in that band anymore, seriously. No matter who individually did the call (my compass points to Ian), the full band takes responsibility. That is so fucked up, no matter how Dan Nelson was not the greatest vocalist ever, he was a really chill and down to earth guy (met him once), and he fit Anthrax very well IMO. Well, they don't deserve Nelson if they're gonna stoop that low. Fuck Anthrax
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

why do bands do that? kick a guy out and not even let him know until he reads about it online? i dont see the purpose of this. iced earth did it to ripper owens last year too. it seems like anyone with some decency would atleast tell them to their face that they're going to have to leave.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:10 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Bullshit like this is probably why Belladonna didn't stay.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 PM
In Search of Truth

I really don't know what to say here, I really can't take anyone's side. I do know that SOMETHING here does not add up, and someone is bullshitting someone else. Anyone else notice how the statement from either party didn't actually give a proper reason for WHY this is happening in the first place? I realize the obvious thing to do here is blame the rest of the band because Nelson seems like the victim, but take logic into consideration here. SOMETHING had to be wrong. If there is one shred of common sense in the rest of Anthrax, they would not go through the process of canceling multiple shows (or tours) over nothing. There had to be something deeper going on here, and as far as I can tell, my first instinct points to Nelson being at fault and not being able to realize it. The rest of the band collectively obviously had SOME kind of issue with him, and regardless of whether or not it was valid, the fact that it did not come out at all in Nelson's press release seems to point to him being in denial and playing stupid. That's just one theory though, could all be crap.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
N00B

They keep doing this from Neil and all the singers before him to dan nelson no one in there right mind should sing for them. I was always ok with nelson but i was really getting into his singing lately. Honestly its gotta be John Bush now or they need to hang it up. I think after this one show together it will become official.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

I've never even heard this guy sing.

edit: With Anthrax that is, heard one song from his old band or something when he was first announced as the replacement.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 PM
N00B

You guys should watch that video they have attached on one of the news stories related to this on Blabbermouth, you can see the wheels coming off in the interview. My theory: Nelson was doin a little too much
Old 07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
You guys should watch that video they have attached on one of the news stories related to this on Blabbermouth, you can see the wheels coming off in the interview. My theory: Nelson was doin a little too much
Enh, not really. I watched the first three minutes and it just seemed like everyday Anthrax ball-busting. I got bored and turned it off.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:21 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Enh, not really. I watched the first three minutes and it just seemed like everyday Anthrax ball-busting. I got bored and turned it off.
Oh it gets more ridiculous, and you can tell how uncomfortable Charlie is and how he tries to make it not so awkward.