Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 07-19-2009, 03:04 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Rob Halford
Hiromi Uehara edit: also David Fiuczynski the same night, it was cool.
Jens Johansson
Martin Mendez
edit: Also Dirk Sauer for about half a minute lol

Full bands/most of the band:
In Flames
Fight
Arch Enemy
Motorhead

I think that's it.

Last edited by SomewhereInTime72; 07-19-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Just Megadeth and Overkill at Gigantour.

I'm really pissed that I lost that cunnlingus photo.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Lee Dorrian (Cathedral)
Tom Fischer, Martin Eric Ain & Franco Sesa (Celtic Frost)
Sharon Den Adel (Within Temptation)
Cristina Scabbia & Andrea Ferro (Lacuna Coil)
Daniel Adair & Ryan Peake (Nickelback)
Tony McAlpine
Billy Sheehan
John Corabi
Bruce Kulick
Stacey Blades (L.A. Guns)

All for interviews, not counting the ones I did on the phone, obviously. I hate when people use the term "met" for getting autographs or grabbing photos etc. When you bump into one of them in a bar and have a chat, you met them. When you just stalked them outside the venue and barely exchanged any words, you didn't.

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Old 07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Tom Fischer, Martin Eric Ain & Franco Sesa (Celtic Frost)
That must have been a douchebag interview.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
That must have a douchebag interview.
Actually, barring Lee Dorrian, it was the best one I ever did face to face. Tom was definitely pulling the whole disinterested-miserable-bastard bit to begin with, but once I showed him I knew some shit and got him a little worked up, he was great.

Franco the same. Eric is NOTHING like you'd imagine a member of Celtic Frost. Very jolly chap. Great fun.

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Old 07-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Actually, barring Lee Dorrian, it was the best one I ever did face to face. Tom was definitely pulling the whole disinterested-miserable-bastard bit to begin with, but once I showed him I knew some shit and got him a little worked up, he was great.

Franco the same. Eric is NOTHING like you'd imagine a member of Celtic Frost. Very jolly chap. Great fun.

Exactly what did you ask Tom that got him "worked up?"
Old 07-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Finances got him going a bit, then talking about influences. Not his, but his on other bands.

You can't quite get the emotion from just reading it, but:

“If I tell you some of my influences you will never see the music of Celtic Frost in them. If I tell you I used to listen to David Bowie and Roxy Music as a kid, and maybe a little bit of Black Sabbath, that doesn’t make the sound of Celtic Frost. But it’s the aura, the approach and the chemistry, the magic that has inspired me, and I think it’s probably the same with these bands. Opeth is a good example. I’ve talked to Mikael of Opeth at length at the Wacken festival, and he told me a million times “you’re an influence”, and I just said “that cannot be, you’re like a genius musician, I’m not. I’m exactly the opposite”. And he told me it was the vibe and the ideas that inspired him, and the approach of Celtic Frost. As a matter of fact, if a band sounds exactly like Celtic Frost and they say we’re an influence, that’s not true, because they’ve just copied us. Inspiration and influence is something that on top of that gives you the energy to create your own thing. It gives you the fire and the adrenaline, that’s an inspiration. A lot of people mistake copying for an influence. It’s not the same thing.”

13/10 The Skull
29/10 Saint Vitus
6/11 Gilby Clarke
Old 07-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Finances got him going a bit, then talking about influences. Not his, but his on other bands.

“If I tell you some of my influences you will never see the music of Celtic Frost in them. If I tell you I used to listen to David Bowie and Roxy Music as a kid, and maybe a little bit of Black Sabbath, that doesn’t make the sound of Celtic Frost. But it’s the aura, the approach and the chemistry, the magic that has inspired me, and I think it’s probably the same with these bands. Opeth is a good example. I’ve talked to Mikael of Opeth at length at the Wacken festival, and he told me a million times “you’re an influence”, and I just said “that cannot be, you’re like a genius musician, I’m not. I’m exactly the opposite”. And he told me it was the vibe and the ideas that inspired him, and the approach of Celtic Frost. As a matter of fact, if a band sounds exactly like Celtic Frost and they say we’re an influence, that’s not true, because they’ve just copied us. Inspiration and influence is something that on top of that gives you the energy to create your own thing. It gives you the fire and the adrenaline, that’s an inspiration. A lot of people mistake copying for an influence. It’s not the same thing.”

Old 07-19-2009, 03:31 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:

That's a nice statement.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Complete tool

Alex Skolnick

Greg Christian

Eric Peterson

Chuck Billy

Paul Bostaph

Wattie from The Exploited

Steve Harris

Dave Murray

Bruce Dickenson