Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Aerosmith -- Wantagh, NY -- July 10th, 2014
311 -- Lansing, MI -- July 9th, 2014
Ceremonial Castings -- Seattle, WA -- July 7th, 2014
Flotsam and Jetsam -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 9th, 2014
King Buzzo -- Dover, NH -- July 9th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
they said that they're doing 2 full US headlining tours after mayhem!

hopefully, if they finally come to their senses, they'll realize that shogun is amazing, the crusade is shit, and they've been playing way too many songs of ascendancy and not enough off of ember to inferno.
Badass! I will definately try to catch them on both if college allows

I don't know, I don't think "The Crusade" is shit, just unoriginal. And I can't lie, if I based my musical listening on originality, 3/4 of my library would be gone

But I definately think that there are too many songs are played off of "Ascendancy". Some other Ember would be cool too, but really, as you said, Shogun is amazing....overload it
Old 07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
I don't know, I don't think "The Crusade" is shit, just unoriginal. And I can't lie, if I based my musical listening on originality, 3/4 of my library would be gone

Ill be honest, I didn't listen to heavy metal at all back when The Crusade was realeased. But I started listening to Trivium at Ember to Inferno, and went sequentially. And I felt so let down listening to the Crusade. Where were the badass riffs and Matt and Corey's great screams? Shogun is great because they discovered the perfect balance of screaming and singing.

When I listened to The Crusade, I started to believe everybody's generalization that Trivium only wanted to be "the next Metallica." But, as it has been said countless times throughout this forum, to each his own.

Shogun redeemed my faith and love for the band.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:28 AM
Not popular in Buffalo

I think if Trivium stopped playing that would be great.
8/9 Summer Slaughter
9/28 Coheed

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Last edited by mastodon421; 07-18-2009 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Stupid grammar mistake
Old 07-18-2009, 06:18 AM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

Oh shut your whore mouth. Being a Trivium hater doesn't make you cool anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveInSlowMotion View Post
I fucking hate Ignition (And most of the rest of the album)

But fuck, Pillar of Serpents would be awesome.
I love Ignition. That and Anthem are the only songs that I really like from The Crusade that I still haven't heard live yet.

And Serpentine and I have had the pleasure of seeing Pillars at Family Values '07

Last edited by makethemsuffer12; 07-18-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:28 AM
N00B

They close with Anthem whenever they play in Japan, because they love that song over there.

As for no Gunshot, the reason it's not there is because When All Light Dies is. Matt said they wanted to play When All Light Dies at Mayhem, and in order to do so Gunshot would have to be cut out. Rain is there because their intro is the first two tracks from Ascendancy.

IMO, Ascendancy is the best album, followed closely by Ember to Inferno and then Shogun. The Crusade is way last, and I'm glad they're ignoring it. A perfect setlist for their fall headlining tours would be some of the songs on Shogun we haven't heard yet, something off Ember they haven't played in a very long time (like My Hatred or Falling to Grey for instance), and then a boatload of Ascendancy songs. It wouldn't bother me if Becoming the Dragon or Anthem was thrown in just to cover all the albums, but if more than one song off The Crusade is played I'll be sorely disappointed.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:36 AM
N00B

i agree that shogun is their best album, but i'm wondering why they never play anything off the crusade live anymore. they could at least play to the rats or tread the floods. and i think pillars of serpents would be a great closer
Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 AM
LET ME FIGHT YOUR BEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Oh shut your whore mouth. Being a Trivium hater doesn't make you cool anymore.

I love Ignition. That and Anthem are the only songs that I really like from The Crusade that I still haven't heard live yet.

And Serpentine and I have had the pleasure of seeing Pillars at Family Values '07
Fuck yeah man. Their FV '07 set was amazing. We got Pillar, and Tread the Floods. I was pretty happy about that.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:39 AM
LET ME FIGHT YOUR BEARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voltage View Post
i agree that shogun is their best album, but i'm wondering why they never play anything off the crusade live anymore. they could at least play to the rats or tread the floods. and i think pillars of serpents would be a great closer
Crusade is getting faded out because pretty much everyone hated it, from what I understand. Although they were a bit more technical, it came at the cost of songwriting, and The Crusade just felt half assed.

It had a fucking amazing Coverart though.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:52 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Ive seen these guys four times, three headlining, once at Graspop this yr. In the UK and Ireland, we've gotten nearly every song off the crusade and ascendancy on their respective tours, and iv seen when all light dies, pillars of serpents and ember to inferno from ember to inferno. On the shogun tour tho, we got Becoming the Dragon and Broken one, which is a Crusade B-side. Personally, I hope they attempt the song shogun on thir headlining tours with that album, cuz pull harder has been played everytime iv seen em. I wouldn mind gettn somethin lik contempt breeds contamination or repentant tho, theyre awesme
Old 07-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Kneeling Whaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon421 View Post
I think if Trivium stopped playing that would be great.
By far the most truthful post in this thread.

Tags
all that remains, killswitch engage, the black dahlia murder, trivium