Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 PM
N00B

Aerosmith -- Atlanta, GA -- July 15th, 2009

So glad I didn't jump on the cheap lawn ticket for Irvine.

01. Eat The Rich
02. Falling In Love (Is Hard On The Knees)
03. Rag Doll
04. Back In The Saddle
05. Walkin' The Dog
06. Janie's Got A Gun
07. Last Child
08. Combination
09. Love In An Elevator
10. Mama Kin
11. Train Kept A Rollin'
12. Walk This Way
--JP Guitar Duel--
13. Stop Messin' Around
14. Draw The Line

Notes:

-David Hull filling in for Tom Hamilton at this show
-Brad Whitford is back
Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Trainwreck Architect

They've stopped canceling shows?
WTF happened to playing all of Toys live? They advertised that and now they're not doing it? This band pisses me off now.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeRockStar View Post
WTF happened to playing all of Toys live? They advertised that and now they're not doing it? This band pisses me off now.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:21 AM
N00B

Quote:
Agreed.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Maybe the guy filling in for Tom Hamilton doesn't know how to play all the stuff from Toys and that's why they didn't do it. With Eat The Rich, Back In The Saddle, Janie's Got A Gun and Last Child back in the I wouldn't complain at all if i saw them do this set.

No Dream On is strange though. First Metallica doesn't do ONE the other night now Aeosmith doesn't do Dream On. What the fuck is going on here?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:21 PM
N00B

Dream On
Cryin'
Sweet Emotion
Livin' On The Edge

were all on the printed setlist, all in a row but Tyler said we gotta cut it short. Joe added Stop Messin' at the last minute in the encore.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Trainwreck Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwthstd View Post
Dream On
Cryin'
Sweet Emotion
Livin' On The Edge

were all on the printed setlist, all in a row but Tyler said we gotta cut it short. Joe added Stop Messin' at the last minute in the encore.
This band is DONE. And it pains me to say it cuz I've been a huge Aerosmith fan my whole life. But come on, canceled shows, everyone's always getting hurt or injured and have some dude filling in, Tyler can't sing anymore, 70 minute headline setlists, I think it's time to call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Maybe the guy filling in for Tom Hamilton doesn't know how to play all the stuff from Toys and that's why they didn't do it.
That's a lame excuse if that's what it is. Tom announced he wasn't gonna do the shows almost a week ago. If the guy's a good enough musician to be playing in an arena rock band, he should be able to learn those simple rock songs in a few days, even if they are a bit sloppy. It's just laziness.

Last edited by HugeRockStar; 07-16-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:53 PM
N00B

this whole tour so far is ridiculous. first they postpone the tampa show i was supposed to go to, now they're not even playing the toys in the attic album. hopefully this was just a one night thing.
it's a shame because zz top, who are like 20 years older, haven't had a problem on this tour yet. i know their music isn't as "intense" or whatever but give me a break.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
This band is DONE. And it pains me to say it cuz I've been a huge Aerosmith fan my whole life. But come on, canceled shows, everyone's always getting hurt or injured and have some dude filling in, Tyler can't sing anymore, 70 minute headline setlists, I think it's time to call it a day.

That's a lame excuse if that's what it is. Tom announced he wasn't gonna do the shows almost a week ago. If the guy's a good enough musician to be playing in an arena rock band, he should be able to learn those simple rock songs in a few days, even if they are a bit sloppy. It's just laziness.
I don't think that's the reason as to why all of Toys wasn't played it was just a thought. Juding by this set it seems that they realise that people are coming to hear a greatest hits set not all of Toys so maybe that's why they changed it.

Cutting four songs outta the set is just plain garbage though. It's unfortunate that their sets are so short now. I saw them 3 or 4 times when they toured for Get A Grip and each time the show was at least 2 hours if not a little more. The last time i saw them live was in '97 when they toured for Nine Lives and again they put on a kick ass 2 hour show. If they can't tour and live up to the standard they've set for themselves live then it's deffinately time to retire
Old 07-17-2009, 05:24 PM
N00B

zz top are prolly one of the best bands around, and always show up, everything. same 3 members, I think only the four seasons preety much had a longer original line up til the singer died a few years ago.

Tags
aerosmith