Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013

Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Crikey I got a lot of responses on that one. Time for a mega-post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
You might like Wakarusa?
I've often thought that one looked cool as well. Lineups in recent years have been pretty awesome (although pretty similar to Bonnaroo and others, but tickets are probably much less expensive). Sucks that they moved it outta your neck of the woods, tho...a meet-up might have been fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I've always wanted to go to SXSW, but I've heard it's hard to get into a lot of the more popular events.
I've heard the same thing. It takes place like all over the city of Austin, TX. Nothing but metalheads cramming every venue they can squeeze into (sounds like fun, tho...!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85 View Post
I would literally murder someone to go to The Fest in Gainesville this year...the lineup is virtually every single one of my favorite punk bands. Sigh.
That one was new to me, but there are some pretty cool bands on there for this year (Coalesce, Coliseum, Kylesa, Magrudergrind, Russian Circles, Torche, Young Widows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_halperin View Post
not to brag, but they put on one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. Their energy, accuracy, and presence live is like none other.
Yeah, I fucking know. Rub it in some more, why don'tcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Primus got back together. Played Outside Lands last year, but I haven't seen them do anything since.
True, but it's all rather unofficial-sounding and shit, ya know? Are they really back together, or was it just for the time being? It's always so hard to tell with bands like this, especially when they have multiple side projects going at any one time. Bottom line is, I hope to see the original lineup (or as close to it as possible) before I die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
That Grindcrusher tour wouldve been INSANE, four of my favorite death metal/grindcore acts on one line up, FUCK!
I know, right?!? If they invent time travel in my lifetime, I'm fuckin' goin'. That's it.

Quote:
And I got screwed outta the unholy alliance last yr, flights went up overnight so i couldn go
Screw you. You European fuckers get all the good tours and festivals, man.

Last edited by Natrlhi; 09-01-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:29 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethemsuffer12 View Post
Well it ended up that my friends ran into the bassist from UFO and he gave them free tickets and meet & greet passes.
I'm assuming you're talking about Barry Sparks and not Pete Way. Pete Way hasn't been able to get into the US for a UFO tour in years.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:40 PM
welp

^I honestly wouldn't know, I don't listen to UFO.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:48 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Screw you. You European fuckers get all the good tours and festivals, man. [/quote]

Europeans get some awesome festivals and tours, no doubt. But I live in Ireland, as such we dont get most of them. Iv to travel just as far, if not further for alot of these tours as ye do, an that includes flights and ferrys the whole time!!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
Screw you. You European fuckers get all the good tours and festivals, man.
Europeans get some awesome festivals and tours, no doubt. But I live in Ireland, as such we dont get most of them. Iv to travel just as far, if not further for alot of these tours as ye do, an that includes flights and ferrys the whole time!!
Good point. Still, you're closer than I am to most of the good stuff.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:15 PM
It's fun to take a trip. Put acid in your veins.

Anal Cunt's last tour. I wanted to go - really badly too - but I had my retard moment of the year and decided to save my money and get an Acrassicauda ticket. Not only did I get into that Acrassicauda show for free (a friend gave me his ticket), but when I found out Seth Putnam died, and I could have met him at Emo's...

Tryptikon - I'd just started listening to Celtic Frost a week earlier (seriously, I didn't even know "Procreation of the Wicked" at that point) and I didn't want to go when I wasn't too familiar with their stuff. I've since decided "fuck it" so even if I'm not 100% familiar with a band's stuff, I'll still be able to enjoy myself.

The last show at Emo's (the Red River location). Apparently, people started looting shit (bricks, ceiling fan blades), and...well fuck. I would have loved to have a chunk of Emo's in my room...and on that note, Russian Circles on NYE 2011.

Hypocrisy with Alexi Laiho on guitar...I'll leave it at that because I'm still kicking myself for not going.
7/1 - Cannibal Corpse
7/15 - Motley Crue?
7/26 - Summer Slaughter

Last edited by RampinUp46; 08-01-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Typo correction.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Happy birthday, darling. We love you very very very very very very much

I won't include bands I've seen since then, or am seeing in the coming months, nor will I include shows from before I began going to gigs. * denotes I did not attend the show due to circumstances beyond my control.

Venom (July '10)*, Immortal (October '10), Faith No More (July '12), Enslaved (March '11), Kreator (September '10), Integrity (February '12), Corrosion of Conformity (June '11), Pestilence (November '10), Dream Theater (July '11), Tool (July '10)*, Atari Teenage Riot (November '11), Cerebral Ballzy (December '11)*, Rammstein (February '11), Death to All (June '12)*, Landmine Marathon (August '11), Terror (June '11), Dead Congregation (July '12)*, Power of the Riff (August '11)*

I'm already regretting not being able to see Agalloch and Sigur Rós next month
3/15 Gogol Bordello
Old 08-01-2012, 02:32 AM
N00B

Opeth in 2008. Rush in 2007. Original Gigantour in 2005 (and all the other Megadeth shows that have been in AZ). Nevermore in 2010. Edguy in 2008 (I realize the band has been going downhill since that time frame but I would still love to see them live at least once).
Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
Hypocrasy with Alexi Laiho on guitar...I'll leave it at that because I'm still kicking myself for not going.
Hypocrisy ended up canceling that tour because they had issues getting their Visas.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampinUp46 View Post
Anal Cunt's last tour.
This.
I ended up going to see BTBAM instead because I had someone to go to that with and would've had to go alone to Anal Cunt.

Possibly the biggest regret of my life is not going to the Slayer/Megadeth/Testament tour in 2010 because Seasons in the Abyss is my favorite album in existence. I wasn't aware that it was being played on the tour, so I ended up not going because I went to like 5 or 6 other shows in the week surrounding that date.
8/15 Dr. Shrinker
8/16 KISS
8/23 Midnight ?
8/29 Sleep