Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Nile -- Baltimore, MD -- April 15th, 2014
Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 08-28-2009, 07:18 AM
The time has come for all to see the men behind the curtain cast into disease

I missed Sabbath in NYC on Tuesday. There was a strong possibility for me to get in for free if my friend wasn't able to sell his extra ticket. I decided not to go because it was a bit of a risk (16 bucks round trip from LI to the city. I wouldn't want to waste that for nothing especially considering that I don't have alot of money). Well it ended up that my friends ran into the bassist from UFO and he gave them free tickets and meet & greet passes. So I could have seen Sabbath for free and possibly met them afterwards too. FUCK.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:57 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Metallica '06, the puppets tour played Ireland an I didn go thanks to an april fools joke.. Lamb of Gods first headlining show in Dublin, just for the significance of it bein their first time headlinin there, I was broke, same reason i missed Machine Head (keep in mind in Ireland wed get MAYBE a third of the tours the UK gets so alot of these bands only play once an album cycle) and Ministry's last tour, i wasn into em at the time, but now i am so i regret not goin
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Too many to list them all.

• I regret that I’ve never seen (and never will) Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc.
• I regret not seeing Metallica when Cliff Burton was alive.
• I regret not seeing Voivod when Piggy was alive – preferably back in the “Nothingface” era.
• I regret not seeing Morbid Angel with the “Altars of Madness” lineup.
• I regret not seeing Pestilence with the “Consuming Impulse” lineup.
• I regret not seeing Primus before they broke up (although a reunion someday might still be possible).
• I regret not seeing A Perfect Circle before they broke up (although a reunion someday might still be possible).
• I regret not having seen Necrophagist when Marco Minnemann was their drummer.

Specific shows I would have liked to see:
• The Grindcrusher Tour in 1989 with Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Morbid Angel & Napalm Death would have been amazing.
• I regret not seeing basically every Lollapalooza festival that I have missed.
• I regret that I’ve never been to Bonnaroo, South by Southwest, Emissions from the Monolith, Coachella, or any of the awesome summer metal festivals in Europe.
• I regret not being able to go to the Scion Rock Fest earlier this year (Mastodon, Neurosis, High On Fire, Boris, Baroness, Torche, Kylesa, A Storm of Light, Cryptopsy, Withered, Skeletonwitch, etc. – all at one show and for FREE – are you kidding me?!?).
• The Unholy Alliance 3 tour last fall in Europe (Slayer, Trivium, Mastodon, Amon Amarth) would have been very cool.
• The show in Berkeley, CA last Spring with Made Out of Babies, Mammatus, Grayceon and Giant Squid with Karyn Crisis performing her album vocals for “Throwing a Donner Party at Sea” would have been rad as fuck.
• I wish I could have made it to the Mayhem tour last July (Slayer, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, others…).

Bands that didn’t show up:
• Arsis at the Carcass show last March (no show…fuckers)
• Suffocation & Decrepit Birth at Summer Slaughter last July (not scheduled for that particular date)

Stupid moves on my part (duh, Nat):
• Not getting to the Behemoth show in 2007 in time to see Gojira, who I did not yet know are awesome as fuck (but I'll go see 'em sometime, tho - b'lee dat)
• Not getting to the Tool show 2007 in time to see Isis, who I did not yet know are awesome as fuck (but at least I’ve seen them since then!).

Nat

Last edited by Natrlhi; 08-31-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:35 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Ministry's last tour, i wasn into em at the time, but now i am so i regret not goin
this was probably the single most dissapointing concert ever, i actually wished i had missed it
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 08-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Ministry's last tour, i wasn into em at the time, but now i am so i regret not goin
I dont know anything from ministry but I think I read on blabbermouth.net that one of the guys hates touring.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Bring Me The Horizon > Opeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
• I regret that I’ve never been to Bonnaroo, South by Southwest, Emissions from the Monolith, Coachella, or any of the awesome summer metal festivals in Europe.
You might like Wakarusa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakarus...mping_Festival
04/24 - Iron Reagan
05/13 - SLAYER
Old 08-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Quote:
I regret that I’ve never been to Bonnaroo, South by Southwest, Emissions from the Monolith, Coachella, or any of the awesome summer metal festivals in Europe.
I've always wanted to go to SXSW, but I've heard it's hard to get into a lot of the more popular events.

I would literally murder someone to go to The Fest in Gainesville this year. In fact, I had planned on it, but getting transferred to fucking Alaska put an end to that. It's basically three days of beer-fueled mayhem, and the lineup is virtually every single one of my favorite punk bands. Sigh.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
• Not getting to the Behemoth show in 2007 in time to see Gojira, who I did not yet know are awesome as fuck (but I'll go see 'em sometime, tho - b'lee dat)
not to brag, but they put on one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. Their energy, accuracy, and presence live is like none other.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Peace on earth sells... but who's buying?

Quote:
• I regret not seeing Primus before they broke up (although a reunion someday might still be possible).
Primus got back together. Played Outside Lands last year, but I haven't seen them do anything since.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
• The Grindcrusher Tour in 1989 with Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Morbid Angel & Napalm Death would have been amazing.
• The Unholy Alliance 3 tour last fall in Europe (Slayer, Trivium, Mastodon, Amon Amarth) would have been very cool.

That Grindcrusher tour wouldve been INSANE, four of my favorite death metal/grindcore acts on one line up, FUCK!! And I got screwed outta the unholy alliance last yr, flights went up overnight so i couldn go