Within Temptation -- Newcastle, England -- April 14th, 2014
Carcass -- Silver Spring, MD -- April 13th, 2014
Destruction -- Montreal, Quebec -- April 14th, 2014
Ghoul -- Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014
Satan -- Philadelphia, PA -- April 14th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-13-2009, 10:30 AM
N00B

anyone have cannibal corpse, behemoth, black dahlia murder, god forbid or job setlist

Thanks for posting these.

Anyone have cannibal corpse, behemoth, black dahlia murder, god forbid or job for a cowboy setlists? If so, please post. I'd be interested to see Manson and White Chapel setlists too.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM
N00B

oops just need setlists for cannibal corpse, behemoth, god forbid and manson

oops just need setlists for cannibal corpse, behemoth, god forbid and manson didn't see the lists for jfac, bdm and wc on page 2

thanks again for posting
Old 07-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Banned Asshole

Alrite, so here is my review.

Got up at 9 30, exhausted as fuck, as going to bed the night before at 4 in the morning. got in the car, and the 2 hour drive was totally worth it.

I recomment that you either get their early or late. Me and my friends waited in line for literally at least 1 hour. While hearing Whitechapel and the Jager Battle of the Bands winner play. We got in, got something to eat, and walked over to the hot topic stage to see that job for a cowboy was playing. i am not a fan so I got in a line to meet trivium. I missed all of god forbid and the beginning of behemoth, which i regret, but it also was amazing to meet one of my idolicized bands in metal music, Trivium.

I also got a magazine signed, since if they had signed the back of my t-shirt it wouldn't have worked because they had only black sharpies.

Saw the end of Behemoth, and got in the pit a little. It was my first time seeing them live, and holy shit they put on a show!! I love their masks, and the brutality of their music

Next was All That Remains, and they are one of my favorite bands (I have a guilty pleasure for some metalcore). They were awesome, and I hope they come back soon. They were also the first band I've ever seen three times. (I swa them on In Flames tour, Revolver Golden Gods, and now Mayhem Festival 2009).

Now on to San Manuel Ampitheatre's food. NEVER buy a hot dog from San Manuel Ampitheatre unless you want to miss half of one of your favorite bands sets vomiting it out. I still got their full setlist, and im not sure whether or not someone has posted it yet, I'm too lazy to check.

1. This Calling
2. Chiron
3. Forever In Your Hands (Dedicated to girl's butts)
4. Six
5. The Air That I Breathe
6. Undone
7. Two Weeks

Black Dahlia Murder played next. Nothing to report. Their not my kind of band.

Trivium kicked ass. I didn't mosh or pay as much attention as I would've liked to as I was still feeling the effects of that godforsaken hot dog.

when i walked in they were in the middle of down from the Sky.

Rest of their set went like this:

1. Down From the Sky
2. Throes of Perdition
3. Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

After this I was ready to go in our seats, but my friend loves Cannibal Corpse so I went and watched their set from afar. I respect everything that Cannibal Corpse has done for the genre, but I can never seem to get into their actual music. They were still a great band.

While Bullet for My Valentine was playing, I walked around, looking at merch. I can never bring myself to buy too much merchandise at shows because I know that most of the stuff they're selling I can buy for so much cheaper at different stores.

After their set was over, we walked to our seats. Surprisingly, KsE put on a pretty respectable show. I'm glad they played some of their older material, I can't stand their new album. Rose of Sharyn was definetely the highlight for me. Adam D. never fails to impress with his hilarity, and whether you like it or not, Howard Jones has a very amazing voice.

After waiting this long, Slayer had to impress, and holy shit they did. I can't say that I knew every song they were playing but the ones I did recognize they played amazingly! I only wish that they could have played Black Magic.

There is no way to really describe the show that they put on unless you were actually at it. Slayer is such an amazing band (if you didn't already realize ) and I hopefully will get to see them again at some point.

I put up a video of Raining Blood on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoHlOjvLbE

Like several have said before, I left before Marilyn Manson. But a friend I knew that did stay said that they were awesome. That person also hates metal, screaming, and anything that sounds good .

It was a good day in my metal world, seeing several bands that I had idolized for a long time but had never gotten to see. I suggest that if you are deliberating going to this festival, just go. It is well worth the money to get decent seats and seeing the show of a lifetime.

Thanks for reading,

Bennett
Old 07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
D.B.B.

nice review man. glad you had fun. i sure as hell did
Old 07-13-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm the ghoul of the medical profession

How did none of you manage to get a Cannibal set ?
Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

My show isn't until August 4th, can't wait to see Behemoth for the fourth time - I think Cannibal for the third, too.

I'll be staying for Manson for shits and giggles, I think.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:27 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Thats alot of shit and not much giggles.
5/23 MDF
7/20 QOTSA
7/30 NINSG
Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 PM

i'll post my review now.

i got to the parking lot around 12ish. drank a bit and smoked a little weed. so i had a little nice head change.

as i enter Whitechapel starts to play. who IMO were pretty good live. i hate deathcore as much as the next metalhead but these guys have alot potential and talent. the singers highs and lows are great. these guys delivered live. i posted their setlist on page 2.

i didn't watch the jager band. so JFAC was next. i usually hate them on studio but i thought they were decent. they kinda bored me after awhile though. i only recognized them opening with knee deep, unfuryling a darkened gospel, entombment of a machine, and closed with embedded. they played more than that though.

so God Forbid was next. i'm not too familiar with their material but i thought they were good and entertaining. i only recognized empire of the gun, to the fallen hero, and i think they closed with end of the world. i don't remember them playing walk alone which i thought they were going to play.

Behemoth was next and i didn't watch them cuz i was getting exhausted and needed water. so after doing that i watched their set from the top hill. they seemed to put on a great entertaining show for the people who came to see them but i'm not really that into that type of metal so ya.

next up was All That Remains. i thought they were pretty good. my 3rd time seeing them live since '06. i'm not really a fan but i recognized almost all of their setlist. new material sounds great live.

finally was the band i came to see most on this festival: Black Dahlia Murder. and holy shit they delivered. i went pitting alot to these guys and had loads of fun. these guys are very entertaining every time i see them and always sound great live. i posted their setlist on page 2. i really wanted to hear Elder Misanthropy again but oh well. BDM was def the highlight of Mayhem fest for me.

next up was Trivium. i didn't really watch them. i was too exhausted from BDM so i got some water and met up with some friends that barely showed up to the show. I saw the last Trivium song which was Pull Harder. I would've been disappointed if they played Gunshot and Kirisute Gomen since i like those songs a lot but they didn't play them so its fine i guess. i've seen them 2x before this show also.

Cannibal Corpse was next and i wasn't that into them. they did alot for their genre but idk i can't get into it. seems to have put on an entertaining show though.

Bullet For My Valentine was next and TBH i enjoy them on studio but i thought they were lame live for some reason. they were okay but just kind of bored me.

Killswitch Engage was up next and i thought they did great live. i could honestly say i don't like the new material at all. i like reckoning off the new album but they didn't play that.

Slayer was next and they were fucking great. i've never really been a fan of Slayer but they delivered. the crowd got crazy when they played their 3 last most famous songs.

i didn't stay for MM. the only song i like from him is Torniquet. i was going to stay but i was too exhausted and very hungry so my friends and i took off.

overall this is a fucking great show. probably the best outdoors show i've ever been to.
2.17 Machine Head
2.18 Symphony X

Last edited by xStructualDefect; 07-13-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
My show isn't until August 4th, can't wait to see Behemoth for the fourth time - I think Cannibal for the third, too.

Amen about Manson. I will also be at the August 4th show.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/
Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Not popular in Buffalo

Also awesome reviews Defect and Haleprin. Defect i agree Whitechapel puts on a great show i am a fan but i know people that arent fans that said they kill it live i would recomend checking them at Mayhem even if your not a fan.
7/22 Converge

http://maitlandsmadness.blogspot.com/

Tags
all that remains, bullet for my valentine, killswitch engage, slayer, trivium