08. Home Sick Home
09. Epic
10. Collision
11. Last Cup Of Sorrow
12. Got That Feeling
13. Just A Man
Old 07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
N00B

I was there. It rained earlier that day and the lawn in front of the stage was so muddy!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Concert Veteran

By looking at this set and the one they play now doesn't it seem like the band doesn't like Angel Dust at all? I wonder why that is?
Old 07-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Headbanger

I think Angel Dust is very Bungle influenced. It's definitely an acquired taste. Jim Martin hated almost every song and only contributed on Jizzlobber as far as I know. His negativity got him canned from the band (by fax no less) but if I was on a jury I probably would have sided with Jim on this one. To me it's their worst album by a mile even though I love certain songs.

I saw them live on the Angel Dust tour and sitting through RV and Easy back to back really sucked to me. I was bored out of my skull for 10 minutes along with 95% of the crowd. We did get Crack Hitler, Jizzlobber, Everythings Ruined and Kindergarten so it ended well but they would lose the crowd every time they played RV, so why play it?

I still think King for a Day and Album of the year are their 2 best albums and musical masterpieces. If they were to play either album in it's entirety I'd go totally apeshit.

I'm listening to the 09 Download festival as I type this. Maybe the best version of Surprise, you're dead I've ever heard. They better come to the US!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:46 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
I think Angel Dust is very Bungle influenced. It's definitely an acquired taste. Jim Martin hated almost every song and only contributed on Jizzlobber as far as I know. His negativity got him canned from the band (by fax no less) but if I was on a jury I probably would have sided with Jim on this one. To me it's their worst album by a mile even though I love certain songs.

I saw them live on the Angel Dust tour and sitting through RV and Easy back to back really sucked to me. I was bored out of my skull for 10 minutes along with 95% of the crowd. We did get Crack Hitler, Jizzlobber, Everythings Ruined and Kindergarten so it ended well but they would lose the crowd every time they played RV, so why play it?

I still think King for a Day and Album of the year are their 2 best albums and musical masterpieces. If they were to play either album in it's entirety I'd go totally apeshit.

I'm listening to the 09 Download festival as I type this. Maybe the best version of Surprise, you're dead I've ever heard. They better come to the US!
I dont see how the band or anyone could hate angel dust. I think its their best one.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM
Headbanger

That's cool. I'm assuming you like Mr. Bungle too right? Actually I do like AD better than Introduce Yourself. I wasn't counting that one.

I really got into Angel Dust back then but listening to them all today that cd is just too incoherent at times for me. I'm listening to Be Aggressive live now. Maybe their worst live song from this show. Patton is belting and screaming and Roddy's backing vocals are way off key. Patton sounds like he's raping Roddy actually. hahaha I'd rather hear Small Victory or Jizzlobber personally. They only do 2 minutes of Malpractice but it works for some reason.

I'm telling you this version of Cuckoo for Caca is SICK! SICK! SICK!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:27 AM
N00B

I was never into Bungle, but Angel Dust is probably my favorite from Faith No More. In agreement though that RV would be boring as shit live.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
I was never into Bungle, but Angel Dust is probably my favorite from Faith No More. In agreement though that RV would be boring as shit live.
Me too i was never that into Mr. Bungle but I love Angel Dust it's my favorite from them. When it came out nothing else sounded like it and still when you listen to it now it sounds modern. RV is kinda funny the first few times you hear it but i skip that one almost everytime the same with Be agressive. The rest of the album is awesome though. I always thought it showed more balls than anything else they did musically especially when you consider it came out after a hit record and they went in a totally different direction.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 AM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

Great Vocal performance from Patton on Angel dust.

Tags
faith no more