Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-18-2009, 03:05 PM
N00B

Rock on the Range -- Columbus, OH -- May 16 & 17th, 2009

Ok, I know it wasn't a "metal festival", but there were a few metal bands on the bill. Most of the set lists I managed to get are very accurate, and mostly in order; though some of the bands that I didn't watch I didn't get/songs I couldn't remember names of I filled in with a "?", so if anyone attended and knows what was played where I have a "?", let me know so I can fix it!

Day 1, May 16:

I got there just as Black Stone Cherry were getting on the Main Stage; I could hear the first song they played but wasn't quite sure what it was. We made it into the actual stadium in time to catch the rest of the set, and they were a good little rock band to get the day started off well.

?
Blind Man
Lonely Train
Please Come
Maybe Someday(?)

I went to the 2nd stage to catch Crooked X next, because I am a fan of the Rock Band games and wanted to see these young kids in action. They were quite impressive for only being 15-18 years old; wouldn't really expect that from kids on a rock/metal show.

?
Nightmare
?
Gone
?
Crashing Down(?)
Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd cover)

Saliva was the next band that was on the Main Stage, and while I have seen them before, it was nothing spectacular about them this time either. They sounded good and all, I just wasn't crazy into them.

Click Click Boom
My Own Worst Enemy
Family Reunion
Ladies And Gentlemen
Always
Your Disease

So I made my way over to the 3rd Stage to catch Hurt, a band I have liked for some time and haven't had the chance to see. Now, the placement of the 3rd stage was just terrible. I couldn't see them for hardly anything and only could really hear them. They sounded good though; it just sucks the stage was in a terrible placement.

Ten Ton Brick
Dreams Away
Wars
Got Jealous
Fighting Tao
Rapture

Flyleaf was next on the Main stage. They were supposed to have played last year, but didn't due to Lacey getting strep throat. Anyway, Flyleaf is always decent live, I wouldn't say they are mind blowing or anything, but they were good and even played a new tune.

Justice And Mercy
Breathe Today
Beautiful Bride (new song)
Fully Alive
I'm Sorry
All Around Me
I'm So Sick
Something I Can Never Have (NIN cover)
Cassie

Static-X was on the 3rd stage, and I went to try and catch them, but due to terrible stage placement, and a really shitty sound mixing, I could only really hear the drums and part of a guitar every now and then. I decided to leave shortly about halfway through the set to try and catch the rest of Rev Theory, but that wasn't happening either.

Static-X set:
Lunatic
Dirthouse
I'm With Stupid
Stingwray
Cold
Destroyer
Push It

Rev Theory set:
Wanted Man
Light It Up
Favorite Disease/Head Like A Hole (Nine Inch Nails cover)
Far from Over
Slowburn
Hell Yeah

Chevelle was next on the Main stage, and I always like watching Chevelle live. It rained for about half of their performance, but luckily that would be the only rain that encountered us the entire weekend. It was nice seeing them adding "Forfeit" back into their set, as I'm a fan of the song.

The Clincher
Straight Jacket Fashion
Vitamin R (Leading Us Along)
Brainiac
Comfortable Liar
The Red
Sleep Apnea
Forfeit
Send The Pain Below
I Get It

Back on the 2nd, one of the bands I wanted to see most the entire weekend was up next, All That Remains. They only played 7 songs, and it seemed they had a bit of sound mixing problems too as it was a bit muffled for most of it, so I'm not entirely sure what the 2nd song they played was.

Chiron
Not Alone
Six
The Air That I Breathe
Undone
Two Weeks
This Calling

KoRn was next on the Main Stage, and ever since they announced who they had playing for each day, I thought KoRn should have been right before Slipknot, and I was right, as the crowd seemed way more into KoRn than AIC. Either way, KoRn mainly stuck to their singles (disappointing), but it was nice to see them again.

Blind
Right Now
Chi
Did My Time
Falling Away From Me
Coming Undone (We Will Rock You verse mixed in)
Shoots & Ladders (Bagpipe intro only)
Here To Stay
Freak On A Leash
Y'All Want A Single
Make Me Bad
Somebody Someone
Got The Life

Atreyu was next to close up the 2nd Stage, but I decided to skip out on them to have good seats for Alice In Chains & Slipknot. A friend of mine told some of the songs they played though and if I remember were along the lines of, though not in order what-so-ever; and I could be totally off so feel free to correct me:

Bleeding Mascara
Falling Down
When Two Are One
Right Side Of the Bed
Blow
Ex's And Oh's
Becoming The Bull
Lip Gloss And Black

So one of the last two bands of the Main Stage were about to play, Alice In Chains. Being that it wasn't Layne Stayley as the singer, I wasn't super excited about it. They sounded good despite having a bit of technical problems at the very beginning of the set. All in all, it just seems like Jerry is cashing in on the Alice In Chains name.

Rain When I Die
Them Bones
Dam That River
Again
Junkhead
Angry Chair
Man In The Box
Would
Rooster

So the final band of Day 1 was Slipknot; it would be my third time seeing them in a 10 month span. They put on a great live show, but this one seemed very rushed compared to their Trivium/Coheed tour and the Rockstar Mayhem tours. They played mainly their singles and what not, and for some reason, Clown kept throwing his keg-drum things off the stand thing. It would have been a more epic ending to the night if more people had stayed for the "Jump the fuck up" part Slipknot do during 'Spit It Out', but it seemed like half the crowd had left by that point. Overall though, a very good first day.

Iowa/742617000027 (Intro)
(SiC)
Eyeless
Wait & Bleed
Before I Forget
Sulfur
The Blister Exists
Dead Memories
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
Duality
People = Shit
Surfacing
Spit It Out

Day 2, May 17:

We got there early enough to catch the second band of the day on the 2nd Stage, Framing Hanley. Of course, most people only know their cover of "Lollipop", they seemed to do a pretty good job of getting the crowd into it.

23 Days
The Fold
Pretty Faces (new song)
Built For Sin
Count Me In
Hear Me Now
Lollipop (Lil Wayne cover)

Hoobastank opened up the Main Stage today, and they seemed to be a little better at getting the crowd into it than Black Stone Cherry the day before. I haven't really cared too much about their newer stuff, but they put on a fun show.

Out Of Control
All About You
Inside Of You
My Turn
Running Away
The Reason
Crawling In The Dark

Cavo was next on the 2nd stage, and we just decided to hang out until Saving Abel played the main stage. I personally don't care too much for them as I view them as another "Hinder" type band, but whatever. The crowd seemed into them regardless.

In God's Eyes
Beautiful You
New Tattoo
18 Days
Drowning (Face Down)
Addicted

Pop Evil was next on the 2nd Stage, and I wanted to check them out. I had listened to their album before, and it was actually pretty decent. They were better than I thought they'd be, and their guitarist did a nice little solo. The crowd seemed to be into them quite a bit, and I'd definitely see them again.

Breathe
3 Seconds To Freedom
Another Romeo & Juliet
100 In A 55
Shinedown
Hero
Walk (Pantera cover)

The next band on the main stage was Blue October. I like them, though they did not fit the festival at all. There were easily the "most mellow" band of the two days. Though it was cool to see them, RotR was not for them.

What If We Could
Say It
Should Be Loved
Into The Ocean
The End
Dirtroom
Hate Me

Sick Puppies were up on the 2nd stage, and I enjoy them, even though they aren't mind blowing or anything. They had a few technical difficulties, especially during "Say My Name"; but overall, I was pleased to see them again.

Street Fighter (War)
Cancer
My World
All The Same
You're Goin Down
Say My Name (Destiny's Child cover)
Nothing Really Matters

Shinedown was next on the Main stage, and I had seen them plenty of times before. Nothing new to the table this time around, though Brent seemed to talk a hell of a lot more this time.

Cry For Help
Heroes
I Dare You
Left Out
The Sound Of Madness
Save Me
Second Chance
Devour

Billy Talent was next up on the 2nd stage, and they were on of the bands I had been wanting to see the most. The singer, being Canadian, has a thick accent, and it was humorous to hear him talk. Either way, they put on a good show, and it's a shame not more people know/listen to these guys.

Devil In A Midnight Mass
Try Honesty
Rusted From The Rain
This Suffering
Devil On My Shoulder
Fallen Leaves
Red Flag

Buckcherry were up on the main stage and a friend of mine is a big fan of theirs, while I'm ok with them. They are a solid rock band and put on a good show though, so I will give them that.

Tired Of You
Next 2 You
Broken Glass
Out Of Line
Lit Up
Rescue Me
Too Drunk
Sorry
Crazy Bitch

I had no interest in seeing The Used on the 2nd stage, so me and my friends got a bit better seats to see Avenged Sevenfold, who in turn, seems like they got the shaft, but here's The Used set.

Take It Away
The Bird And The Worm
Liar Liar (Burn In Hell)
Blood On My Hands
The Taste Of Ink
All That I've Got/Buried Myself Alive (Medley)
Pretty Handsome Awkward
Box Full Of Sharp Objects

Avenged had only played like 3 songs when apparently they were told their set was going to be cut short, which would probably explain why there was no "Bat Country"...either way, I was happy they played "Critical Acclaim". The addition of pyro was nice addition since they were the first band to use it all weekend.

Critical Acclaim
Afterlife
Beast And The Harlot
Eternal Rest
Chapter Four
Scream
Unholy Confessions
Almost Easy

So the final band of the night, Motley Crue was next. I really would have liked to stay for more of the set, but my friends that I was with were not interested in the Crue, so we left after a few songs into the set. From what I did manage to catch though, they loved their pyro/fireworks; and I will probably go to Cruefest this year to actually catch a full Crue set.

Kickstart My Heart
Wild Side
Shout At The Devil
Saints Of Los Angeles
Mick Mars solo
Live Wire
Mutherfucker Of The Year

Rest of their set:
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
Same Ol' Situation
Primal Scream
Looks That Kill
Girls, Girls, Girls
Dr. Feelgood
----------
Home Sweet Home

Overall, it was a very enjoyable show, especially if you're into metal & rock and not just one much more than the other. They announced next years dates as May 15 & 16, 2010 for Rock on the Range next year. If anyone knows any of the missing songs, or has sets from any of the other bands, please post!

Last edited by JoshuaB81285; 05-28-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:45 PM
"Never wanted your approval, never wanted your acceptance. Never wanted to be anything but me" LOG

the stage on may 17th sucks except for buck cherry and motley crue
Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 PM
N00B

Alice In Chains opened with Rain When I Die and they also played Damn That River and Junkhead. I don't think they played We Die Young but I could be wrong.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
N00B

Motley Crue also played Same Ol Situation, Girls, Girls, Girls, Primal Scream, and Looks That Kill.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:37 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn85 View Post
Alice In Chains opened with Rain When I Die and they also played Damn That River and Junkhead. I don't think they played We Die Young but I could be wrong.
Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure on what the other songs they played were as I was just kinda "out of it" during AIC.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM
N00B

The song from Saving Abel you're missing is "Beautiful You". Blue October's set was:
What If We Could
Say It
Should Be Loved
Into The Ocean
The End
Dirtroom
Hate Me

And the Hurt set was:

Ten Ton Brick
Dreams Away
Wars
Got Jealous
Fighting Tao
Rapture
Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm45320 View Post
The song from Saving Abel you're missing is "Beautiful You". Blue October's set was:
What If We Could
Say It
Should Be Loved
Into The Ocean
The End
Dirtroom
Hate Me

And the Hurt set was:

Ten Ton Brick
Dreams Away
Wars
Got Jealous
Fighting Tao
Rapture
Sweet, thank you so much!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:18 PM
N00B

No problem! Blue October was one of the main reasons I was there, but you are right, they didn't really fit in.

Also, Motley Crue played "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" right before "Same Ol' Situation".
Old 05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Metallifan

Im going to the Rock on the Range show in Winnipeg Canada next month.Billy Talent is headlining. Ive already seen them twice but they do put on a really good live show.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

So many things I could really say about the cover songs that were played. I am all about a "fun" cover song but Destiny's Child? I don't want to be one of these negative people on here so I will try to be positive for the other songs that were played.

Even though it's tough for me to admit I have seen alot of the bands that played on here and wow there's really nothing worse than going to a radio-sponsored festival and then have to suck it up for the openers and waiting several hours. (Damn you Shinedown!!!!!) I probably still would have went but man alot of those bands playing are kind of on the bleh side. Still want to see AIC really bad. Not being critical but Jerry Cantrell wasn't the only in AIC that decided to keep this going. From seeing bootlegs from the Rock AM Ring festival a few years ago there are still a bunch out there that still would see them.

Good review though, can't be 2 days of music.

Tags
alice in chains, all that remains, atreyu, avenged sevenfold, billy talent, black stone cherry, blue october, buckcherry, chevelle, crooked x, flyleaf, framing hanley, hoobastank, hurt, korn, motley crue, pop evil, rev theory, saliva, saving abel, shinedown, sick puppies, slipknot, the used