Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-03-2009, 01:22 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Halford is 7 years older than Dickinson, and not in as good of shape. The whole band has a few extra years of age and wear.
I don't really care about them running around and throwing their guitars in the air as long as they can execute the music well and fit some synchronized headbanging in the set.
That said, they should be playing at least 90 minutes for what they are charging for tickets.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Halford is 7 years older than Dickinson, and not in as good of shape. The whole band has a few extra years of age and wear.
I don't really care about them running around and throwing their guitars in the air as long as they can execute the music well and fit some synchronized headbanging in the set.
That said, they should be playing at least 90 minutes for what they are charging for tickets.
Agree 100%! \m/

Man .. I paid 140 bucks for the LA show pit ticket! And thats face value!
90 minutes is about right. But when people start comparing their set length with Rush and Queensryche, now THATs not right.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:56 AM
N00B

I'm glad I decided to skip out on this tour. I can remember seeing Priest back in the day and they'd play well over 2 hours! I most recently saw them in '05 and they still played a good 2 hour set. I know I'll probably get flamed for this comment, but "British Steel" isn't even in my Top 5 Priest albums. "Breaking The Law" and "Living After Midnight" have been so overplayed and "United" is perhaps their worst song ever! I'd much rather see Priest play "Sad Wings of Destiny", "Hell Bent For Leather", "Screaming For Vengeance", "Painkiller" or "Sin After Sin" in its entirety.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Leaving material world behind, I see your face in constellations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsheajr View Post
I'm glad I decided to skip out on this tour. I can remember seeing Priest back in the day and they'd play well over 2 hours! I most recently saw them in '05 and they still played a good 2 hour set. I know I'll probably get flamed for this comment, but "British Steel" isn't even in my Top 5 Priest albums. "Breaking The Law" and "Living After Midnight" have been so overplayed and "United" is perhaps their worst song ever! I'd much rather see Priest play "Sad Wings of Destiny", "Hell Bent For Leather", "Screaming For Vengeance", "Painkiller" or "Sin After Sin" in its entirety.
The only thing I disagree with what you said is United (I personally love that song). Although I completely agree with British Steel not being in my top 5 Priest records. It is a very overrated record and it's doesn't even come close to Painkiller, Sad Wings, Screaming, Defenders, and now I might get flamed, but even Angel of Retribution. British Steel is down there for me, but I will still enjoy it while I can to hear tracks like Rapid Fire and Steeler (and United )
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Somewhere Back In Time

For what it's worth, the times that I documented for the sets were:

Whitesnake: 7.35-8.45
Judas Priest: 9.12-10.45

I got to my seat right about 7.30 so I know Whitesnake didn't go on until at least 5 minutes later, or more. I thought there was another opening act before Whitesnake so I was actually surprised when they hit the stage. And I may not have checked the time until Priest actually left the stage, but I would say they were on stage for around 90 minutes. But either way, I could have definitely done without the Whitesnake guitar and drum solos. I am assuming that contractually they are guaranteed a certain amount of time, but I would have preferred a couple more songs from Priest.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

The question still stands, bitches...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
Was it the heavy version of Diamonds & Rust?

and honestly, I don't know why bands still do individual solos, that shit stopped being cool when the 80's ended.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
The question still stands, bitches...
[Diamond and Rust]
and honestly, I don't know why bands still do individual solos, that shit stopped being cool when the 80's ended.
Yes.
And no, it stopped being cool when Jimmy Page stopped touring.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Did somebody say Fair Warning? Lord strike that poor boy down!

Hi all,

I spotted this forum because I wanted to see how WS would alter their setlist now that they're opening for JP. We saw them do a headlining show in Grand Rapids last weekend, which really kicked ass!! David is in fine voice and his lineup featuring Doug Aldrich, Reb Beach and Chris Frazier (who played many years with Steve Vai, but you already knew that!!) is extremely tight. They did pretty much the same songs except they opened with Best Years, played Can You Hear The Wind Blow 3rd after Bad Boys, played an acoustic version of The Deeper The Love, and did not play Fool For Your Loving. In saying that, the current list looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing them again in Chicago on 7/19.

In talking with Doug Aldrich after that show, he said David was working on streamlining the show to about 70 minutes, which coincides with what the previous poster said about the timing of the 2 bands. I agree that the time WS is playing has no effect on how long JP plays. However, I also understand why JP fans would want them to play longer (how can they even play a show without Electric Eye in the set?).

John
Old 07-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

You know, Whitesnake could probably boost their metal cred to the Priest fans a notch by playing Burn or Stormbringer.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Sad Wings Of Destiny

Same Judas Priest set in Wallingford, CT

Victim of Changes!!!

Tags
judas priest, whitesnake