Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM
MY LEG!!

Wish I could go to the show next week on the 11th. But I'm currently on a 2 week vacation from work, my boss wouldn't have been happy if I asked for another day off right when I got back!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensrychian View Post
why can't great bands fill 2 hours anymore? Is it me or are we getting less for our money than we used to? Would it kill a band to give back to the fans and play 2 plus hours. It takes longer to get to a show these days than a band actually plays. I am PISSED OFF.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been noticing that with a lot of bands in rencent years. I think it's a bit lazy to headline and only do an hour or so. But a lot of time it's not the bands fault either. When you put all these bands on one bill like Ozzfest or Mayhem fest does they give the bands less time to play and I think cuz of that bands have gotten into the mentallity that giving people less than 90 minutes is a headlining set.

I remember my first metal show. Metallica and Guns N Roses with Faith No More opening. FNM got about 45 minutes, Metallica did their usual headline set of over 2 hours and GNR played for 2 and a half hours. Bands need to get back to that. Maybe the economy is not the reason for bands not selling tickets as well as they used to maybe it's cuz fans know they're not gonna get a 2 plus hour headling set like they used to and they just say fuck it.

Sorry for the rant
Old 07-02-2009, 03:33 PM
D.B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
I've been noticing that with a lot of bands in rencent years. I think it's a bit lazy to headline and only do an hour or so. But a lot of time it's not the bands fault either. When you put all these bands on one bill like Ozzfest or Mayhem fest does they give the bands less time to play and I think cuz of that bands have gotten into the mentallity that giving people less than 90 minutes is a headlining set.

I remember my first metal show. Metallica and Guns N Roses with Faith No More opening. FNM got about 45 minutes, Metallica did their usual headline set of over 2 hours and GNR played for 2 and a half hours. Bands need to get back to that. Maybe the economy is not the reason for bands not selling tickets as well as they used to maybe it's cuz fans know they're not gonna get a 2 plus hour headling set like they used to and they just say fuck it.

Sorry for the rant
thank god for rush and queensryche!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Was it the heavy version of Diamonds & Rust?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjturtle9 View Post
thank god for rush and queensryche!!!
Deffinately!! Rush is the best band i've ever seen live. I don't get why a band like Priest that's been around just as long and has just as big of a catalog as them doesn't do the "Evening With" concert theme. You give yourself a 30 minute break between sets and that should be good. Plus if Halford needs an extra rest for his voice the band could always jam for like 5 minutes or something. Queensryche and Metallica always give 2 hours or more every show to. It just seems odd to me how all these bands have gotten into doing these short sets now when there's not that many bands on the bill. I can understand if the lineup is stacked but when it's only 2 or 3 bands you can give 2 hours. Like i said before i think it's just lazy on the bands part who do these short headline sets.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:56 PM
N00B

Deffinately!! Rush is the best band i've ever seen live. I don't get why a band like Priest that's been around just as long and has just as big of a catalog as them doesn't do the "Evening With" concert theme. You give yourself a 30 minute break between sets and that should be good. Plus if Halford needs an extra rest for his voice the band could always jam for like 5 minutes or something. Queensryche and Metallica always give 2 hours or more every show to. It just seems odd to me how all these bands have gotten into doing these short sets now when there's not that many bands on the bill. I can understand if the lineup is stacked but when it's only 2 or 3 bands you can give 2 hours. Like i said before i think it's just lazy on the bands part who do these short headline sets.

You got what I am trying to say man!!!! Recently saw Coheed and they played an hour 5 or 10 minutes of songs, then did a 40 minute jam session. I love em but come on. And I saw Motley at the Garden in March, an hour 40 tops! Ah at 90 bucks a seat they owe us more! And I don't mean 3 opening bands, screw opening bands I don't think I have ever gone to a show to see a opening band, with the exception of metallica and queensryche back on the And Justice Tour. (Great Show by the way March 89') I am not a big Bruce Springsteen fan but the guy goes out there and puts on a three hour plus epic.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
N00B

You got what I am trying to say man!!!! Recently saw Coheed and they played an hour 5 or 10 minutes of songs, then did a 40 minute jam session. I love em but come on. And I saw Motley at the Garden in March, an hour 40 tops! At at 90 bucks a seat they owe us more! And I don't mean 3 opening bands, screw opening bands I don't think I have ever gone to a show to see a opening band, with the exception of metallica and queensryche back on the And Justice Tour. (Great Show by the way March 89') I am not a big Bruce Springsteen fan but the guy goes out there and puts on a three hour plus epic.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

When I saw Priest last year, the set was this:

Dawn of Creation/Prophecy
Metal Gods
Eat Me Alive
Between The Hammer And The Anvil
Devil's Child
Breaking The Law
Hell Patrol
Dissident Aggressor
Angel
The Hellion/Electric Eye
Rock Hard, Ride Free
Painkiller
---
Hell Bent For Leather
The Green Manalishi
You've Got Another Thing Coming

I think they would've thrown in another (Sinner) had fucking Jackyl not gone over by about 20 - 30 minutes. I don't exactly remember how long they played for, but it seemed pretty long.
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Old 07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensrychian View Post
You got what I am trying to say man!!!! Recently saw Coheed and they played an hour 5 or 10 minutes of songs, then did a 40 minute jam session. I love em but come on. And I saw Motley at the Garden in March, an hour 40 tops! At at 90 bucks a seat they owe us more! And I don't mean 3 opening bands, screw opening bands I don't think I have ever gone to a show to see a opening band, with the exception of metallica and queensryche back on the And Justice Tour. (Great Show by the way March 89') I am not a big Bruce Springsteen fan but the guy goes out there and puts on a three hour plus epic.
That's insane that a band would do that long of a jam session nowa days I would've walked out. As for paying 90 bucks to see Motely Crue and being mad they didn't play longer you brought that on yourself. There's only a few bands i'd pay 90 bucks a ticket to see live and Crue isn't one of em. I don't like Springsteen much either but he always plays 3 or 4 hours and doesn't use age as an excuse and play short sets like some fans like to do in defense of why their band doesn't play longer
Old 07-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I'LL RIP YOUR THROAT OUT AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentineVIVIVI View Post
Yea man, Whitesnake are getting way too much time. Give some more to Priest so after British Steel they can pull out some other gems!
Agreed. Whitesnake are a fine band. But priest are much better and should at least get a longer set. If anything, add a couple tracks. Like Painkiller + Hellion/Electric Eye would do the trick. but looks like a great show, overall.

Tags
judas priest, whitesnake