Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014
Killswitch Engage -- Providence, RI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmilitia54 View Post
What? Missing a song...Are you F-f-f-foolin' me?
They dropped Foolin and put Too Late For Love in it's place this tour. It's an even trade if you ask me
Old 06-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Headbanger

Ok, before my rant I can honestly say this isn't a hateful show. It will definitely be cougar central and there are many sing-a-long songs here. That being said...

High & Dry is Def Leppard's best work by a mile. Pete Willis and Steve Clark were in their prime and shredded on that cd. The lyrics were so much cooler that the 2nd grade crap like "animal" and Joe Elliott belted shit on that cd. They totally ignored the 1st album and classics like Wasted & Rock Brigade but to only play Heartbreak and the segue instrumental from H&D is a joke.

Mirror, Mirror is still my favorite Def Leppard song. Let it Go, High & Dry and Another Hit & Run are all great songs that would have rewarded the people who were with them since the 1st year of MTV. Wasn't High & Dry was just named one of the 30 best metal songs of all time?

Instead they write those people off as Maiden & Priest fans and concentrate on all Pyro/Hysteria stuff. I just don't get it. If you guys haven't heard Me & my Wine you're truly missing out. I'm guessing Elliott can't sing those songs anymore but at least throw Let it Go or High & Dry in there for the guys. As good as Def Leppards set looks it's dripping estrogen all over the place in all reality.
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 06-26-2009, 05:45 AM
Concert Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post
Ok, before my rant I can honestly say this isn't a hateful show. It will definitely be cougar central and there are many sing-a-long songs here. That being said...

High & Dry is Def Leppard's best work by a mile. Pete Willis and Steve Clark were in their prime and shredded on that cd. The lyrics were so much cooler that the 2nd grade crap like "animal" and Joe Elliott belted shit on that cd. They totally ignored the 1st album and classics like Wasted & Rock Brigade but to only play Heartbreak and the segue instrumental from H&D is a joke.

Mirror, Mirror is still my favorite Def Leppard song. Let it Go, High & Dry and Another Hit & Run are all great songs that would have rewarded the people who were with them since the 1st year of MTV. Wasn't High & Dry was just named one of the 30 best metal songs of all time?

Instead they write those people off as Maiden & Priest fans and concentrate on all Pyro/Hysteria stuff. I just don't get it. If you guys haven't heard Me & my Wine you're truly missing out. I'm guessing Elliott can't sing those songs anymore but at least throw Let it Go or High & Dry in there for the guys. As good as Def Leppards set looks it's dripping estrogen all over the place in all reality.
It was either last years tour or the year before they did have Mirror, Mirror and Another Hit & Run in the set. While their debut album and H&D are very good albums i think Pyromania is their best one. The reason they don't play more off the first two is that people aren't coming to hear those songs. They had so many huge songs off Pyro, Hysteria and Adrenalize that people are there to hear that stuff. When you singles were as huge as they were off those 3 albums it leaves you with very little choice as to what to play live. Plus i know that Joe and Phil have both said in interviews that's why they don't play that much off the first two.

When i've seen them live and they do something like another hit & run or a non single song people just stand there looking stupid and motionless. You gotta play what keeps the crowd in the show and with Lep it's playing all the hits even though they've played em to death
Old 06-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Headbanger

Good point and well articulated. I guess people like me wouldn't have interest in seeing them thinking they would be playing all that Phil Collen stuff anyway. I was just picturing if I took a girl to the show to get something with some balls in there. As good as Pyromania was I had no interest in Hysteria after hearing Women, Animal then Love Bites. I think I became the charter member of the Phil Collen hate club after hearing those 3 songs. He was and will always be Yoko to me just with better solo's.

I always found it funny that Joe Elliott blamed bands like Winger and Slaughter for ruining Metal and opening the door for grunge. 2 words...

Mirror, Mirror
10/24 - Judas Priest & Steel Panther
Old 08-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Pass the steak sauce

We had the same setlist at the show at Darien Lake except they played Foolin as well........ Cheap Trick wasn't able to make it, though...... something about being stuck on a runway in NYC
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar
Old 08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitarium78 View Post
Was Joe still able to scream on Rock Rock Til You Drop?
I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:46 AM
You took my heart & left it blown to smithereens, I gave my body as a slave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhdeity View Post

Yep.But you know.... "High N Dry" is the only album where all songs on it are played live (Not in one concert though) and as a matter of fact on one of there tours they did the first half of the vinyl (Let It Go,Hit And Run,High N Dry,Heartbreak,Switch 625) from top to bottom.

Tags
cheap trick, def leppard, poison