Warped Tour -- Auburn Hills, MI -- July 18th, 2014
Megadeth -- Denver, CO -- September 16th, 2007
Queen -- Atlantic City, NJ -- July 26th, 2014
Touche Amore -- Lawrence, KS -- July 27th, 2014

Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Banned Asshole

State Theater
St. Pete, FL

Why? It's slightly smaller than the House of Blues, but is an awesome set up and THEY LET YOU GET ON STAGE! I know some people don't care about this but for me, it adds so much energy to the smaller venue shows when you see people jump up there and head bang with the band for a minute. Or in the case of All Shall Perish, they let as many people that could fit on stage for the last song (wage slaves) which is one of my best concert memories. We had a mini pit going on up there

I think pretty much all big venues are the same and enjoying them just depends on who you're going to see.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Visualize perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Currently my fav indoor venue is Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa. It's actually registered as some kind of national landmark which is cool and there is a long history of really huge bands that have came up through that building. Always well run and always had good sound.
I haven't been to the Cain's in a long ass time. They haven't booked any good shows at all lately. All the metal shows have been going to The Marquee, even Cannibal Corpse, which was the only show I've been to at The Marquee that was completely packed and had security.

I love The Marquee. The sound is great and I've been there so many times that I'm kind of friends with the dudes who work there. There's no rail unless Nile is playing, but that plastic shit doesn't really count, so I'm always right in front of the bands. You're also pretty much guaranteed to meet any band you want there. All you have to do is walk around to the side/back of the venue. Met Decrepit Birth and Vader inside though.

The Diamond Ballroom and the Coca Cola Bricktown Events Center in Oklahoma City are both great venues as well. The CCBEC has air conditioning that blows on the front few rows! YES.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundrage View Post
THEY LET YOU GET ON STAGE! I know some people don't care about this but for me, it adds so much energy to the smaller venue shows when you see people jump up there and head bang with the band for a minute. Or in the case of All Shall Perish, they let as many people that could fit on stage for the last song (wage slaves) which is one of my best concert memories. We had a mini pit going on up there
If I were a band this would make me want to never play there.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Banned Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
If I were a band this would make me want to never play there.
Believe me, it's regulated. You can't be up there for long and you can't get too close.

But you know I never thought about something. If you're over 21, you can go in and out of the building all show and they don't check you when you come back in. It's almost like they are asking for a Dimebag situation. but I still love the place.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
Inside: Beaumont Club in Kansas City. They just revamped it so it has a huge indoor stage and lots of room to move around and they have some cool pinball machines in the back for when the deathcore bands are playing.

Outside: Crossroads in Kansas City. Big ol' stage in front of a mulched floor with awesome, awesome pizza and drinks. It's surrounded on all sides by buildings and right behind an awesome restraurant that has a walk-up window.
Update!

There's a place here called the recordBar and it's a kickass bar and grill first and a concert venue second. Seriously, I went to see Weedeater there and they were serving like gourmet shit that looked delicious. And it sounded great.
08/07 - Handguns (?)
08/15 - Whores
Old 05-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

I have a few since I have seen lots of shows through the years so I will go by cities in order of best to good

Cleveland, Ohio

The World Famous Agora Theater and Peabody's DownUnder - I have seen so many shows at those two places I probably own part of them by now. Agora has been voted many times the best rock club in the country and best place to see a show in Cleveland.

Honorable mention House of Blues and Grog Shop

These two places can't be more polar opposites and even though I have not seen a bunch of shows at House of Blues it's an extremely nice venue. Grog Shop is somewhat of a dive but they have booked some great bands in the past (including The Melvins in june )

Blossom Music Center is in Cuyahoga Falls but is the best outdoor venue in Ohio (even when Polaris/Germain was still doing shows).

Ones I have attended shows at but I despise -
Tower City Amphitheater and Nautica Stage (now under another name) -
Downtown Cleveland traffic during rush hour nuff said. The venues work well for festivals since they are spread out but that's about all.

Columbus, Ohio

LC Pavilion - Best of both worlds an indoor and outdoor venue plus a small venue called the Basements for more underground and local acts.

The Newport Music Hall - Typically, gets some of the best shows in Columbus and I still enjoy seeing shows there even if it can be really close quarters.

Al Rosa Villa - This place used to be one of my favorite venues but since the tragic event back in December 2004 the place is just not the same.

Circus/ Ravari Room/ Skully's/ Ruby Tuesday/ Bernies/ etc

They are more or less bars that have some good shows sometimes.

Note: I didn't mention the Schott or Nationwide the reason being I have only seen one show in the Schott that being ACDC. Overall, it was a fun show but I really don't like arenas for concerts.

Cincinnati, Ohio

Bogarts - Pretty much if a show is not booked for Cleveland then Bogarts gets it just about every time. I have a love/hate relationship with Bogarts I have seen some great shows there in the past (In Flames, Suffocation, High on Fire, COC, Arch Enemy, Slayer, The Misfits, Fu Manchu, GWAR, Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Clutch, etc). However, parking sucks and the venue really lacks in the sound department at times (never sit upstairs).

Sudsy Malones - Laundry mat/bar/live music right across the street from Bogarts has gotten some good underground acts like Scissorfight.

Riverbend Amphitheater - Not even sure if it still exists and I have only been there twice and it was an all right venue.

Others

Headliners in Toledo, OH - Very stuffy if the show is on the small stage rather poor sound and stage is about six inches off the ground. They do get some great shows like Clutch.

Blue Cat in Bellfointaine, OH
- Small place and has is ridiculous metal rail in front of stage that takes away floor space. However, it's not a bad place and I have seen some cool shows including Clutch, Gwar, and Fu Manchu.

Someplace in Youngstown
- I don't remember the name it's in a seedy part of town but they occasionally get some decent shows.

Hara Arena in Dayton, OH - Not a bad place for an arena.

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 05-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
I have a few since I have seen lots of shows through the years so I will go by cities in order of best to good

Cleveland, Ohio

The World Famous Agora Theater and Peabody's DownUnder - I have seen so many shows at those two places I probably own part of them by now. Agora has been voted many times the best rock club in the country and best place to see a show in Cleveland.

Honorable mention House of Blues and Grog Shop

These two places can't be more polar opposites and even though I have not seen a bunch of shows at House of Blues it's an extremely nice venue. Grog Shop is somewhat of a dive but they have booked some great bands in the past (including The Melvins in june )

Blossom Music Center is in Cuyahoga Falls but is the best outdoor venue in Ohio (even when Polaris/Germain was still doing shows).

Ones I have attended shows at but I despise -
Tower City Amphitheater and Nautica Stage (now under another name) -
Downtown Cleveland traffic during rush hour nuff said. The venues work well for festivals since they are spread out but that's about all.

Columbus, Ohio

LC Pavilion - Best of both worlds an indoor and outdoor venue plus a small venue called the Basements for more underground and local acts.

The Newport Music Hall - Typically, gets some of the best shows in Columbus and I still enjoy seeing shows there even if it can be really close quarters.

Al Rosa Villa - This place used to be one of my favorite venues but since the tragic event back in December 2004 the place is just not the same.

Circus/ Ravari Room/ Skully's/ Ruby Tuesday/ Bernies/ etc

They are more or less bars that have some good shows sometimes.

Note: I didn't mention the Schott or Nationwide the reason being I have only seen one show in the Schott that being ACDC. Overall, it was a fun show but I really don't like arenas for concerts.

Cincinnati, Ohio

Bogarts - Pretty much if a show is not booked for Cleveland then Bogarts gets it just about every time. I have a love/hate relationship with Bogarts I have seen some great shows there in the past (In Flames, Suffocation, High on Fire, COC, Arch Enemy, Slayer, The Misfits, Fu Manchu, GWAR, Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, Mastodon, Cult of Luna, Clutch, etc). However, parking sucks and the venue really lacks in the sound department at times (never sit upstairs).

Sudsy Malones - Laundry mat/bar/live music right across the street from Bogarts has gotten some good underground acts like Scissorfight.

Riverbend Amphitheater - Not even sure if it still exists and I have only been there twice and it was an all right venue.

Others

Headliners in Toledo, OH - Very stuffy if the show is on the small stage rather poor sound and stage is about six inches off the ground. They do get some great shows like Clutch.

Blue Cat in Bellfointaine, OH
- Small place and has is ridiculous metal rail in front of stage that takes away floor space. However, it's not a bad place and I have seen some cool shows including Clutch, Gwar, and Fu Manchu.

Someplace in Youngstown - I don't remember the name it's in a seedy part of town but they occasionally get some decent shows

Hara Arena in Dayton, OH - Not a bad place for an arena.

If you can remember the name of the place let me know, because Youngstown is about the same distance as Pittsburgh is from me, so I would like to know what goes on there.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the lightsaber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonos View Post
If you can remember the name of the place let me know, because Youngstown is about the same distance as Pittsburgh is from me, so I would like to know what goes on there.

It's The Cellar in Struthers, OH (which is a like a burb of Youngstown but the opposite think a "skid row").

Last edited by evildeadjedi; 05-06-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Fairies wear boots and ya gotta believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeadjedi View Post
It's The Cellar in Struthers, OH (which is a like a burb of Youngstown but the opposite think a "skid row".
Cool. I'll check that out. Thanks
Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Red Light In My Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigMySpanky View Post
For those of you who think the Palladium sucks, you'll be missing that shit when they sell it. Well, maybe not. But I sure will!!!!
Oh, for sure I'll miss it if/when it gets sold. A lot of shows get booked there, and upstairs is awesome, all I'm saying is that the sound downstairs is awful quite often.